I'm Unexpectedly Having To Move! (sorry, Long Post)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good luck on Thursday. I'm sure it'll be an emotion-filled day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I know it will. I've been taking Holy Basil capsules twice a day & Monday when I cleaned the acupuncture office, ( I worked there yrs ago at the desk while between day spas, & we have traded too).
So I picked up some Chinese herbs.
They are some tea pills that are bebe shaped. I got "free & easy wonderer." It's for stress, & PMS stress, because yup...of course that's supposed to come tomorrow too! Lucky me! :rolleyes: so that is 3xs a day.
So I'll take all the prayer & vibes y'all want to send!! Mostly for Sammie though. :hearthrob::purr:
If I don't get to post again tonight, I'll catch you all up as soon as I can.
Love y'all!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You probably won't see this now till after the move, but good luck tomorrow.
Thank you!!
Finally settled down for the night here at 9:45. So just taking a peek here for a min while I lay on the couch with the cold pk on my back.
Definitely sore from today!
My parents came & helped this afternoon. Dad took a couple more things to storage, & then they helped take my Roman shades down in the kitchen & bedroom. Drapes in the bedroom will come down tomorrow, so I had some up for tonight. I put another box of stuff together from the shed to go to storage, my Christmas trees, etc..
My dad unhooked the washer & dryer, so I cleaned all behind there....yuck! 20 yrs of dust! :eek: I dumped & cleaned the litter box, it was about that time anyway, so that's done, since it's going to have to go in my room.
Movers will be here at 8:00. I'm so tired, I hope I sleep well tonight.
As for Sammie, knowing there would be a lot of activity here today, I went ahead & gave her a 1/2 of a gabapentin. She did fine.

I'll give her a whole one in the morning when I get up, to kick in before they get here.
Oh, & I sent one of the comfort zone diffusers home w/ my parents to go ahead & plug in the room.

Thanks for listening, & for all the support!!
To be continued...... ;)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catching you guys up, so sorry...long post.

Hi guys. It's Sunday morning. We've had 3 nights, & this will be day 3 here. It's been quite an experience! I thought I'd finally post an update, since it's been the first time I've had time to. I'll start w/ Thurs. I gave Sammie a gabapentin at 6:30, knowing the movers we're coming around 8:30. I kept her in my room while they were there as planned. She still hadn't settled down by 8:30, so I gave her another 1/2 of a pill. Boy did they make a lot of noise. Well....that shrink wrap they wrapped everything in is what was SO loud!!
In my head, I was like, hurry up, I know Sammie was probably freaking out & terrified. Especially w/ an empty place, it just echoed, & was even louder. All & all they were only there between an hour & an HR & 1/2, so that was good. She was still crying inside the bedroom door, not settling down like I thought she would be, so I called the vet to see if I could give her another pill. They said yes, that you could actually give up to 4 in a day. As long as long as it was around 4-6 hrs after the first 1, & since I only gave a 1/2 after that. She was almost constantly crying being kept in the bedroom & hearing things going on, so after telling the vet how much & when I gave her the doses, (only 1 & 1/2 pills that morning), she said it was ok to give another pill, since it had been 4 hrs since the first.
So Sammie got a second whole one at 10:25. She finally settled down a little more. There was still some things to do, & moving her to the empty other bedroom/ office while my dad, & brother-in-law came & loaded up my bed & nightstand to take to the house. Then, I moved her BK in my room, because that's where the air conditioner was, (w/ her blankies, litter box, & water, treats) while I went over to get our room set up. I hated leaving her there alone, closed in the room, but was only gone for a couple of hours. Then I'm so glad it was already 4:30, so close enough to go ahead & feed her before we left the house for good. I was worried that if I waited to feed her when we got here, she may not eat. So she ate, then I loaded up the car, & we left! I kept telling her "we're going to grandma, & grampa's house." Trying to keep a positive tone for her.
She did a little better that I thought she would. She got her last gabapentin for the day at 4:45 before we left our house.
She cried a little in the car, but not too bad.
I was very pleasantly surprised that she didn't go for straight under the bed when we got here. She stayed up on our bed for a bit, then under a while, & BK & forth between the two. Having a window at the end of the bed helps! I think she was just glad I was in here with her. She's not a cuddler, but under the circumstances, & on the gabapentin, she stayed close to me when I was on the bed.
Friday morning I gave her one at 9:45, & I am SO happy to report she hasn't had to have anymore since!! She has been a good girl! I keep telling her that, & that mommy is so , so proud of her!
Now...After all the stress on Thurs. On Friday morning after she pooped, I did see a couple of tiny drops of blood she left. This had happened the WK before, so I took in a sample, & it was clear of anything, so the vet said it could just be a little colitis from the stress, & gave me some probiotics.
They helped, so I went & got more yesterday. They already seem to be helping. I've become the " poop inspector" & haven't seen anymore traces of blood. It also made me feel better that the receptionist said they see a lot of that, in this type of situation, so is normal.
Thurs night, she cried at our bedroom door a little, so I thought I'd let her walk around just a little, & w/ me following. She walked down the hall, once around the kitchen, & living room, then bk to our room. I didn't expect to do that the first night, but thought since she was curious, I'd see how she does for a quick once around. Stayed in the room Fri.
Then Sat morning my dad had gone out, so was just mom & I, & she was just getting up. So let Sammie explore & have another walk around while the house was quiet & dad gone. Then back in the room fur breakfast & rest if the day. This morning, I was up to feed her at 7:29 & no one was up yet, so let her walk around while I fixed her food.
I think this is a good, low stress, way to wein her into the rest of the house. While no one else is here, or up yet, & it's quiet.
So....so far, so good. "Knock on wood!"
Sorry this was SO long, but thought I'd go ahead & catch you all up while I had the chance.
Here are some pictures of her.
This was the first night. Poor thing, the shelf on her tree that lined up w/ our window, is too short fur these higher ones, & she doesn't get up on the top, top, unless I put her up there. I'm going to look for a window seat for her. Had to be one that doesn't require drilling the wall!
IMG_20180628_211407553.jpg

Stayed close to mom
IMG_20180628_213110450.jpg

I was happy to see her making buiskets for the first time here. I put a blanket I'd used in the crack between the wall & bed, & then one of hers to lay on.
Then she finally settled in for some long overdue rest!
IMG_20180629_165644253.jpg

IMG_20180629_170802933_LL.jpg

Yesterday
IMG_20180630_094553984.jpg

IMG_20180630_171922138_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180630_233507197.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Yes, I'm happy she's doing well, considering. I'll be glad when my dad & I can get the catio built. I think all the birds & squirrels are in the back yard. She's a little bored w/ just a front window view. Mom & I threw some old bread crumbs out there this morning, in hopes to bring some birds in her view, but I haven't seen any, & it's still out there. We just got back from olive garden for dinner. I gave my dad a gift card from there for father's day, & I had a small one for buying his. After the past few days we've had, it was nice to go out for dinner. After we got home, I threw some peanuts in the shells out there my dad had for the squirrels, in hopes to get some to show up, for Sammie to watch. She watched me through the window, but is back up in her corner of the bed sleeping now, so if there are, shes missing them anyway. After a pasta dinner, I'm about to join her! Especially after the past few days! I spent all day yesterday organizing, trying to find homes for all my stuff in my room. I have a few more things to do, & some more clothes to hang, but have the most of it done. So a nap is sounding pretty good right now!

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While it must've been difficult to say goodbye to your home of 20 years, it must also feel good to get that landlord out of your life. Aside from getting the security deposit back, you will have nothing more to do with him. It lowers your strees level. Your mom is feeling better, and you're with family. It's all good.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, well, I finally got everything organized! It took a few days, but I wanted to get it done, so could relax. As much as possible anyway. Next weekend my sister & I are throwing our parents 50th anniversary party. So all of this didn't exactly com upe at a great time.... So after that's done, I'll really be able to relax. I already bought myself a massage on Groupon for my birthday next month!!
Here are some pictures of how I have my room organized for Sammie & I.
It's tight, I hate having the bed against the wall, but there's really no choice. It's all worked out better that I thought it would.
IMG_20180704_152220318.jpg

IMG_20180704_152232263.jpg

IMG_20180704_152253812.jpg

Here, you can see where I fit her litter box.
I use the bottom drawer of the bookshelf for her litter bags, brushes, etc... I have my hand vac under the other side of the dresser for quick clean up after she's used her box.
Oh, & the comfort zone diffusers is plugged in by the dresser & litter box.
IMG_20180704_152318468_LL.jpg

IMG_20180704_152354205.jpg
IMG_20180704_152556172.jpg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly. That's wonderful that the move went so well. Sammie looks happy and your room looks nice! Glad you enjoyed your pasta dinner with your dad at Olive Garden. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You! Yes, Sammie is doing well. She has ventured out into the guest room/office next to mine, to take a look around a few times. I think four times the other day, lol! Then she trots back to our room. She has come out to the kitchen doorway, sitting in the hall watching me fix her food a coupe of times, giving me those "I'm hungry" meows, but not since. So, I'm letting her go at her own pace. She will come out & do a little look around early in the morning when she wakes me up for breakfast. ...But mostly stays in the hall. I try to get her to come with me to the kitchen, but she goes back to the room. She trots away with her little legs. LOL! she's such a little munchkin. I think she must have been the runt of her litter. Such a little cutie! :hearthrob:
This afternoon I stayed out in the living room to watch a movie w/ my parents, & I brought her out, & laid her on my chest as I laid on the couch, hoping she'd stay, but nope, she looked around for a minute, then hoped down & went back to the room. I at least wanted her to understand/know where I was, that I was still in the house. I left the bedroom door open. I do most of the time now,(or 1/2 way) when I'm home, to see if she will come out...if she wants. She spends a lot of time up on her perch atop the cat tree.

When I go to work I do close the door. I don't want to take any chances, & her maybe not feel safe because I'm not here. At least it's not a full day. I usually leave around 9:30, & get home anywhere between 2 & 3/3:30, depending on which house I'm cleaning that day, or if I run any errands after. Yesterday, my mom said she peeked in & told her "momma will be home soon." LOL!
She spends most of the day under the bed when I'm not here, I call it "her room". :lol: LOL! Since we have the risers on the bed, & I put 2 of her beds under there & a blanket & pillow she used to lay by under there. She's got a nice little cave under there. The whole upper half of the bed.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's her "kitty cave" she's never been a kitty that sleeps in the beds... & I had 3, but she finally did one day, in the smaller one to the right.
She usually lays against the back wall.
I put that old blanket she used to lay on under there, but she hasn't so far...
IMG_20180707_204138557.jpg

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly , was just reading through your thread. I am so sorry for all you have been going through. Like other posters have stated , you didn't deserve to be treated like that by your landlord. He just doesn't appreciate good tenants.
It seems that things are working out for you.
I love how you have your room set up for you and sweet Sammie.
You arranged everything so nice and cozy and sweet Angel's picture.
Looking forward to more updates how you and Sammie are doing.
Take Care !

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it sounds like you and your Sammie are doing very well, especially for so soon after moving! :agree: your girl coming out into more of your parents house to start exploring is huge step forward!! :clap:

and that's so sweet that your mom peeked in your room and told Sammie you'd be home soon! :redheartpump: i'm sure your girl will see that your mom cares about her too! :agree: