I'm Unexpectedly Having To Move! (sorry, Long Post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! Yes, we were lucky, that's for sure! I signed us up to get update text from the electric company, so hopefully we'll hear something soon. After 5 nights here, going on 6 tonight, we're good, but ready to go home too. My dad is talking about maybe tomorrow after dinner. Power or not....
We'll see. Praying it can't be too much longer without power. He said the longest they've gone without power after a storm was 3-4 days. It's already been that...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Praise God! We are home!!
A neighbor let us know that the power was BK on late yesterday afternoon, so we packed up & came home after dinner.
With a lot of traffic lights still out, (having to follow the 4 stop rule), they have set a curfew of sundown to sun up.
Mom & I spent about 3 hours after we got home just putting things away, getting the house BK in order, changing our sheets, etc... Felt good to sleep in my own bed last night!
My parents came BK yesterday to throw away all the food that was in the big stand up freezer, & the fridge & freezer as well.
Then cleaned up the front yard. Now today we will all clean up the back yard. I'm already sore, but has to be done.
My client/ friend we stayed with joked that she was loosing her live in help. A cook, a cleaning lady, & a maintenance man! Lol!

Missing a week of work....
This was NOT the vacation I was talking about!!!!!!! :(

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I get a chance later tonight, I'll habe to post some pictures, since I wasn't able to before. Got Sammie out on the harness for a little bit now. She was getting cabin fever too! Waiting on dad. He went to Lowe's to get more lawn bags for clean up.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A week's vacation for Kelly, courtesy of Hurricane Florence. No thanks. Florence's wrath will end in New England. Wilmington and the surrounding areas have been hammered, but the people there are resilient, and they will get back on their collective feet.

I am grateful Kelly and her family are all right, and they have a home to return to.

I have lived in earthquake-prone areas (Japan, San Diego, Las Vegas and Los Angeles) all my life (I turned 60 on September 11), and I'd rather have my house shake, as it did on August 28 after a small 4.4 quake, than deal with a tornado or hurricane.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
Finally, here are some pictures!

Sammie enjoying her temporary window seat. They were nice & low, compared to the high windows at my parents. (That I hate).

IMG_20180914_130258608-EFFECTS.jpg

Oooh! A lizzard!!
IMG_20180918_154657186.jpg

Sammie was getting cabin fever too! Took her out this morning for about 20-30 mins.
IMG_20180919_113148945.jpg

Here's a quick video I took of the back yard.
We had picked up most the branches that were BK there.
A big pecan tree in the neighbor's yard fortunately fell on thier side! My parents were glad, it made a mess in the yard! A lot of stuff down over the little fence along the back too. You can see at the end the 2 sections of fence (behind the large hydrangia) we propped up until fixed.
We worked from about 12-4 today.
Exhausted to say the least!!!!
Resting tommorow! A little more to bag up later. Today we filled 6 -7 bags, plus dad hauled 3-4 loads of bigger branches in the lawnmower cart to the curb. Plus, they filled 9 bags yesterday from the front yard! Oh, & I filled a 5 gal. Bucket 5xs w/ just pinecones!! Filled a bag!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j4iz8EnPZjRWLZed7

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the pics of Sammie. She looks so calm despite everything, what a good little girl. Great job on the yard, it looks good. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we finally finished up the back yard yesterday. 3 days of clean up & 43 yard bags later... (Front & back) and probably 6-8 loads of big branches my dad took out to the curb in the lawnmower cart.
Today we relax!!