I'm Unexpectedly Having To Move! (sorry, Long Post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks Eric, I appreciate that.
I certainly will! I bet the kitties are growing by leaps & bounds! :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks Eric, I appreciate that.
I certainly will! I bet the kitties are growing by leaps & bounds! :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly. Any more Sammie updates? I love the pic of her on Grandpa's bed! She seems to be making herself at home. :D

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, thanks! She's laid on my mom's side too. She switched between both sides, on different nights. I just took a picture of her looking out the front door tonight. See was whining a little last night at the back door, so tonight I put her harness on her, & tried to take her out. Input her down in the grass, & she wouldn't walk. Turned right around, & came back to the door wanting in, so I don't know that I'll try to take her out again. (The same thing happened last time). She doesn't cry much to go out, but since she had, I tried, but then she doesn't want to go.
............ kitties! :rolleyes: I think she misses going out on her own, but can't anymore, & she doesn't love the harness, so that's that. At this rate, I don't think we will be bothering to build her a catio. She'd still need to wear the harness to go to it out in the yard, so it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Unfortunately, because of that, despite feeding her the same amounts, I think she's maybe gained a lb or so. She usually stayed around 9-10 lbs. As little as she is, I don't want her more than 10 lbs. Now that we have a hallway she can run down, she doesn't. She doesn't really chase balls or mice, she's more a lay on her back & play w/ da bird!
IMG_20180730_202909824_LL.jpg

IMG_20180704_161930602_LL.jpg

IMG_20180727_153320686.jpg

And I noticed this the other night.....
Looks like she made me some "food art.":hearthrob: :lol:
IMG_20180722_185427001_LL.jpg

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Thanks guys. YES, LOT'S of stuff!!
But..I've thrown a lot away as well as taken quite a few trips to good will. I just went through my little shed & have another med box ready to take there.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 , at least Gypsy is walking on her leash & going about. Sammie just lays there, like "why is this thing on me, & why are you trying to follow me?!"
She'll take about 3-4 steps or walk about a foot, then lay down again. She's mad her independence has been taken away.
I even brought her in some grass from where she likes to eat it, since she hasn't been interested in the cat grass lately. I'll start her some more when we get settled.
She's been munching on it, so I brought her in some more just now.
We had a little"incident" this morning. We were just at the bottom of the steps & my neighbor was out w/ their dog, she's a small cutie, long & short likely a Dotson, but long wirery golden hair like a terrier, so I think she must be a mix of the two. Anyway, she loves to run over & say hi to me, so I saw her coming & picked up Sammie. She was ok until I started up the stairs & she followed. Well Sammie freaked out, trying to get away, & scratched the side of my face & ear good, so I instinctually dropped her & she went up a couple more steps hissing, rearing back, then I picked her up & brought her in, she ran under the bed, leash & all, & I felt blood dripping down my face!
I got cleaned up, & thank goodness she didn't actually scratch me, but we're just punctures. About 3 on the side if my face as well as one just in the hairline by my ear & the worst was a scratch to my ear. That one bled the longest. Being on daily low dose asprin doesn't help w/ bleeding. I managed to pull her our from under the bed after giving her a few minutes to calm down, & I gave her a gabapentin! I am cutting those nails today!! I've needed to, but she won't let me, so hopefully now I can.
So, needless to say, after how much I've been doing, I am done for the day!! I need to rest. Especially my low back. I have to work tomorrow...
View attachment 238426 View attachment 238427
She may not be flopping to be difficult. Some cats react to a harness or clothing or swaddling with a condition called freeze and fall. They just topple over and can't move. It's like a fainting goat. Some get over it and some don't. Be patient with her. She may not be able to help it.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks. Well, she's walked on it before, so I think it's just that she doesn't want it on while she's outside, but she has to, IF she's going to go out. Shell take 3-4 steps then lay down. The first time I took her out on it here, she walked around for a few minutes. Then, the other times, when she's ready to come in, or not wanting to go into the yard at all, so turns right back around & sits at the door wanting in. Poor girl, still sits on the other side of the door, where ours used to open.
So I don't think it's the freeze thing, since she's walked on it before. She just doesn't like it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that a screen door? Maybe she's just enjoying looking out. We open the windows for our cats. We had to put pet screens over the regular screens because Maggie tries to go through it every time she sees the neighbor's cat.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, yes, best to be safe if she's trying to bust out. It is, but it's also glass. They keep the glass on. I don't think they've ever taken it out & had just the screen.
Here in NC, it seems to go from cold to hot. Not a lot of in between weather. So in the summer, the air conditioner is always on.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! Yes, I am so proud of her, & tell her so. :catlove:
When she does venture out, I say she's going on one of her little "walk about's." :dancingblackcat::lol:
Yes, my parents like her. My dad doesn't understand , asked me why she stays cooped up in the room all day, & I told him how well she's actually doing in a little over a weeks time. That some kitties would still be only under the bed. She's eating, peeing & pooping, & even exploring a tiny bit. That's huge for a kitty in such a short time. It's her safe space for now.
I am so pleasantly surprised. All this from a sassy little girl who HAD to have her time outside before, since she came from the neighborhood we were in. I'm ecstatic she's not crying to go out, or trying to escape!! I never thought this was going to be possible w/her!

It's so weird, in my last post above, I did attach a picture, & saw it once, but don't see it now..... Weird! Don't know if it's the site? Anyone else have this happen? ...Or, my parents internet. They have at&t, & so far...I hate it! I think they have the lowest speed there is! My dad had to even order something special to attach to the side of the tv (they have dish) so I could get my Hulu & Netflix. But....tried it for the first time last night, & it pauses a LOT, wheel spinning saying ....loading. When I had Spectrum, I never had to do anything special. I had internet, & my tv is a smart tv, so it just streamed those things, no problem. Nothing special to do...
SO, I think they need a better speed, whatever the next one up is. I told my dad I would pay the difference for it, because it's diving me CRAZY! The other day when I was loading those pictures of Sammie, what should have taken a few minutes took 35-45 minutes!! :angryfire::frustrated: I have to load pictures from my phone, because I have an old used MacBook Pro a client handed down to me, & my phone is an android, so it's not compatible, It won't work w/ my Usb cord to try to transfer picts from my phone to the Mac. When I do buy another laptop, it won't be an Apple! ......So annoying.
.....Sorry, venting a little here.
So anyway, I'll have to get back on here w/ my phone, & try to post pictures again. She was so cute today. She was up on her "perch" atop the tree & she was dosing w/ her face against the window. :D

.....Ok, NOW I see the picture. After all of that. LOL! It must just be taking forever to fully load on this internet! :rolleyes2:

I take a picture on my android, email it to myself then get on my chromebook or laptop, open the email and download the attachment (the photo) to a file so I can click 'upload a file' here on TCS, find it in the chrombook file, highlite it, click 'save' to put it on here.

Last edited: