I'm Unexpectedly Having To Move! (sorry, Long Post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take a picture on my android, email it to myself then get on my chromebook or laptop, open the email and download the attachment (the photo) to a file so I can click 'upload a file' here on TCS, find it in the chrombook file, highlite it, click 'save' to put it on here.
Thanks, but it was my parents slow internet. It's been fixed! I got them to switch from at&t to Spectum & is much better!! They had only had 1mg! I'm surprised they were both even able to check email at the same time! LOL!
Now I can steam etc...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted, so thought I'd give an update. :)
Sammie is doing well. She has the run of the house now....in many ways, LOL! She will whine to look out the back door, & the window is higher up, so we put a kitchen chair up to it, & she jumps right up to look out. Especially in the morning when "grampa" throws bread out to the birds. Then the big crows come for her to watch, as well as squirrels. You think she was spoiled rotten before....now xs3! Lol!
We've got a good size kitchen, so was even able to move her litter box into a tucked away corner in the kitchen, beside the big stand up freezer, so she has her privacy. She did just fine w/ moving it. I had to get it out of my room. My sleep was being inturrupged too much, especially w/ her 4 am poopies! ....thanks boo! :rolleyes2:
She's even eating out there now too, next to the water cooler. I still keep a water bowl in my room as well as her treat dish for a few overnight snacks....still wakes me up at 6:30 though, but that's better than 5:30!
....And now for some more good news. She is walking on her harness. She will still stop & lay down, & she doesn't walk all over the yard, which is big, so I wish she did, but is doing pretty good! At least now she doesn't run & hide under the bed when I get the harness out. Now she sits by the door, jumps up on her chair, so I can put it on. Whines a little, & I tell her, " well, you have to wear it to go out baby." I'm proud of how great she's done. Her poop is most of the time soft, or a soft blob, but it's just been 2 months, so hopefully it will normal back out. I am giving her probiotics once a day. ( No, there were no new foods) Because of that, I'd been keeping a "poopy log" she's had solids about 17 times in 2 months, but at least it's not diarrhea, & she's going regularly. Her annual is next month, so if it's still going on, I'll let the vet know. I've been meaning to email her an update too, but time gets away from me between work, Sammie, & being in a house with two other people now. When I do get time, I usually want a nap! Sammie has gained weight though. More than I like, now that she's not outside running, & even just running up & down our old stairs. She was 9lbs, & I finally weighed her .....11.6! So, I have to figure out how to feed her a little less. I usually split a regular 5.5 oz can in two, breakfast & dinner, easy, one can a day. ...or, a 3 oz can ea. Meal, which does end up a 1/2 oz of food more, so have to figure out how to give less, but enough, & don't want to end up throwing food away. Thought about splitting can into 3rds, but then that's saving the last 3rd for the next morning, & I don't know if she'll eat it. Gotta figure it out. It's something I definitely want to talk to her vet about.
She is loving the laser! She lays out here in the living room every night w/ my parents, & my dad plays with her. She chases it all over the rug, so she's getting some exercise that way as well. I actually got her to chase it up & down the hallway 5 xs one night! She's done it 3-4 xs up & down the hall since. I try to get her to do it more, but shell stop half way like, nope. Lol!
Also, this past wknd was our gotcha day! It's been 2 years already! Well, technically it's the 5th, because that's the day labor day fell on 2 yrs ago, but it was over the wknd, so I just say it's labor day weekend. :biggrin::purr:
So that's the update for 2 months in!
Here are some pictures, & going to see if I can post video of her walking too.
IMG_20180814_134429463_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20180815_212810486.jpg
she's so funny, she has to put her paws there. You can see the weight she gained.
IMG_20180830_145340809.jpg
found & bought this pillow yesterday!! It was the only one, & I knew if I didn't get it, I'd regret it, so I splurged & got it!
IMG_20180903_164315842.jpg

It won't let me posted a video. Says file is too large, so tried a shorter one..same. :(

.....Ok, here we go, it let me create a link! ;)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jaWdkqcxdYvktRW78

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly. Thanks for the Sammie update. Love the pics of her in the chair, looking outside. That's sweet that she plays laser pointer with your dad. It sounds like things are going well and peaceful, so that's good. Love the kitty pillow, so pretty!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy 2nd Gotcha day anniversary to you and Sammie. :bouquet: :catlove: :heartshape:

Glad things are going well for her at her grandparent's house.

How about you? Are you settling in ok with less space/privacy?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!
Yes, I'm doing ok. My dad & I but heads sometimes, but that nothing new... It's been ok though. Sammie's a good buffer. LOL!
I am usually watching something different on TV at night, so I'm in my room, & they're out in the living room. Sammie hangs out in there because dad plays laser pointer w/ her, ( shell sit there & look at him until he does it. Hahaha!) & she still has a blankies on some pillows at the end of the couch, where she snoozes a lot. She does come in the room w/ me at bedtime though.
I've been trying to fill my Monday spots. I created a post on nextdoor.com for this area, & have given some estimates. I got one that's going to do a monthly cleaning, & we went to the same schools! Lol, we hit it off & we talked a lot after the estimate.
Other people didn't even bother to call me back. I mean they could a least call or text to let me know one way or the other, were getting more estimates, etc... but to not contact me at all after I took the time out to go give them an estimate..... Rude!
Especially because I'm just one individual, not a big company.
So anyway, just mostly working & trying to take care of myself & Sammie.
I'm cleaning an acupuncturist office that I used to trade massage w/ & now I am getting acupuncture once a month! I hadn't had it in yrs. Went last WK, & it was amazing!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I know from experience that any kind of roommates either family or friends can be hard. But it's great having expenses split in half. That's wonderful that work is going well for you. Is acupuncture where they put the pins all over your body? My mom gets that done. I could never do it. :eek2:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , Thanks!

M maggiedemi , Yes, they are tiny, tiny, extreemly thin needles. You don't really feel much though, they are so thin, I think they must go right onto a poor, or folical, lol!
Trust me! I have very little pain tollerance, so if I can do it anyone can! I actually fall asleep it's so relaxing. It took the stressful energy WAY down! Like better feeling than when you walk out of a yoga class!!! I need that.
(I also take Holy Basil for calming & centering. It's great!) I call them the ,"so I don't kill my dad herbs!" :lol: My moms like....yeah! :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly. I just read that you are in the path of the storm? I hope you & Sammie are okay. I don't really pay attention to the weather much in the summer, since our bad weather in NY comes in the winter.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly. I just read that you are in the path of the storm? I hope you & Sammie are okay. I don't really pay attention to the weather much in the summer, since our bad weather in NY comes in the winter.
Kelly's city, Wilmington, North Carolina, is going to receive punishing rain and winds. 35 inches (875 mm) of rain will come in the next TWO DAYS, plus 100 mph (161 kmh) winds, severe flooding and 10 feet (3 meters) high storm surges. I last heard from Kelly two days ago when she texted me. She was pretty stressed. She and her parents have left their home, and are staying with a friend. Kelly lives five miles (8 km) from the beach, which is nothing for a hurricane to cause destruction. I want everyone to be safe, and to return to habitable homes. I'm in Southern California, and I'd rather have earthquakes than these monster storms.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! We are ok! My parents & I live only 5 miles from Wrightsville Beach, so we decided to board up & go to a friends that lives a little further in. She's on the same road I used to live on, so is about 7 miles from our house. She is in a condo. It's a client of mine that is blind & is also in my parents Sunday school class, so we are here for her too, so it works out for us all. We brought coolers & bags of food.
We lost power yesterday morning around 5:45, & got it back today at noon! Thank God! She is on the same grid as the hospital over here, (as was I), so thankfully we got power back pretty quickly, where other areas around town still don't have it. My sister & cousins all live about 6-8 miles from here, & they still don't have it. We have a gas hot water heater here, so it's also nice we could still take hot showers!! Some areas around town are flooded. The news showed an old
K-Mart parking lot that had what looked like about 3 feet of water. There are a lot of trees & power lines down around town. My mom has kept in touch w/ a neighbor, 1 house down from ours, & she said we didn't have any flooding or damage, but there were some trees down on the main street to get into our neighborhood. So... not sure when they will be cleared. It's a main road, so hopefully not too long. We plan on staying here at least another night & see what tomorrow looks like before we leave our friends house Since she is blind, we want to make sure it's all done before we leave her. (If we can get home because of trees down).
It's been raining off & on today. I think the winds are back down in the 30's, (when it whips up) the last time I checked my local weather app. It's saying we are supposed to get thunderstorms all tomorrow & tomorrow night. More rain is not good for areas already flooded! Thank goodness the storm weakened to a 2 by time it hit here. Lot's of answered prayers!

I am so-so proud of Sammie! She has been a good girl. I made sure to come prepared for her! We only had 2 gabapentin left from the move, so when I called the vet to get some more last week, in case we had to leave like we did, they were all out! Everyone was thinking the same thing! So, they told me if I needed to, I could give her 1/2 of a 25 mg. Benadryl every 12 hrs.....so I went & bought some. Thank goodness I haven't had to give her one. (I really didn't want to give her that, never having done it before).
I gave her 1/2 of a gabapentin before we left to come here after dinner Wednesday. She peeed in her carrier a little on the way, but that's it. I also made sure to bring 2 comfort zone diffusers! (We got the guest room, so I could keep her litter box, etc.. in there w/ me, & my parents brought an air mattress they are sleeping on in the living room). So I plugged one in our room, & one in the living room. Brought "Da bird" as well as two of her blankets.
One for the bed, & we ended up sliding an ataman up to a window(perfect hight) & I put the other on that & that's where she has spent most of her time looking out the window. I'll have to get back on here w/ my phone to post a picture.
When the power was out, the rain was falling straight down or in the other direction, so we could keep the windows up to get air & a breeze!
Yesterday morning was the worst of it & Sammie was getting stressed, probably because we were, so I gave her the last whole gabapentin. She has been fine otherwise. Especially now that the power is back on, so the diffusers are omitting again. I made sure to bring plenty of food for her too.
I am just really proud of her & keep telling her so, as well as we are all telling her what I good girl she is! :purr:

Thanks to anyone who has been praying for us & everyone during this storm!
:grouphug2: We are hoping the power comes on back at our house soon, so we can get back there!

Kelly

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you.
Dad & I ventured BK home today to check things out. ( & pick up more food , etc.. got all of Sammie's food, just in case. So have 10, 3oz cans & 2, 5.5 oz cans now, as well as a bag of the Crave dry for treats/ snacks) Roads were clear for the most part, where we went anyway.
Some trees that were down were cut back so cars can get through. No major damage at the house or in the yard. Just a lot of leaves everywhere. We did have 2 sections of the wood fence out back come down, so dad & I picked it back up for now. A neighbor on nextdoor.com said she checked w/ the power company & they are assessing everything & will have another update tomorrow night....
So looks like we are here for at least another night, maybe two. Got a text that cell towers were going to be going down soon, not sure when, (or why, if wrkng now, after the worst of it..) so we definitely have to stay here until we have power at home, or we won't have any way of communicating!
That's scary!
Praying that the power gets turned back on by tomorrow!!! ....

And we Don't loose cell service!