I Live With A Cat

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again though, do you get tuna, which no domestic cat has a chance at catching? Or should there be goldfish on the menu? (Yeah, I know some cats literally can go fishing, and I have no idea what they can catch, but I'm pretty sure bluefin tuna is not on the menu.)
You clearly have never met a Snowshoe.

mooshfishing.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wondered why cat food includes animals they'd never capture on their own, like beef, rather than having a selection of mouse pate and robin chunks in gravy.
I've always wondered that, too, @arouetta -- rodents are cats' natural main prey, and as for the "no grains" battle, cats in the wild eat almost all of their prey, which does include grains, rodents' main diet. Some people actually buy frozen mice for their cats. I've thought about this, but so far have not done it because my cats have been raised on a diet of high-quality wet food. But yes, I've yet to see a domestic cat bring down a cow. Or catch a fish. Or snag a turkey or chicken. :headscratch:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've always wondered that, too, @arouetta -- rodents are cats' natural main prey, and as for the "no grains" battle, cats in the wild eat almost all of their prey, which does include grains, rodents' main diet. Some people actually buy frozen mice for their cats. I've thought about this, but so far have not done it because my cats have been raised on a diet of high-quality wet food. But yes, I've yet to see a domestic cat bring down a cow. Or catch a fish. Or snag a turkey or chicken. :headscratch:
One of the big feral cats I care for brought home a duck from the lake once. There was barely a feather out of place, I think he must have very swiftly broken it`s neck. I`m sure he could have killed himself a chicken if the farmers didn`t have them all safely penned.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the big feral cats I care for brought home a duck from the lake once. There was barely a feather out of place, I think he must have very swiftly broken it`s neck. I`m sure he could have killed himself a chicken if the farmers didn`t have them all safely penned.
Wow. Poor duck. We had a flock of chickens at our last home, and they were easily as big as any of our cats. The two roosters had wicked spurs, too. I'm sure they could have held their own.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a cat when I was growing up who would fish in a neighbor's goldfish pond. The cat would sometimes come home wet after falling in, and the neighbor complained about his fishing.
Awww. That brings back memories. One of the houses my family and I lived in had a fishpond and the fish kept disappearing, so my dad wired a weak charge around the perimeter. One morning my mom told me that my dad found a poor raccoon in the pond. (S)he had been electrocuted by the charge. Needless to say, the charge was disconnected, and once the fish were gone, no more were brought in. It was very sad for all of us -- we sure didn't want that to happen to the raccoon, and since the pond had no covering, there was no other way to protect the fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The never-ending quest to find a wet food Scraggles will eat... From high quality grain free to last resort "fast food" and everything in between... This is only a selection, believe you me, and I've yet to have any luck. This bowl of Whiskas being the latest bowl of food for Scraggles to turn his nose up at...:argh::eviltongue:

I live with a fussy pain in the face cat (who I still adore nonetheless). :crash: :wink:

IMG_20170924_162328.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Balls of cat floof that can appear absolutely anywhere, little or large, they remind me of the tumbleweed you'd see in the Westerns. This is a *very* tame one to be fair... :crazy:

View attachment 197387
Oh gosh, yeah -- that's hardly even worthy of the name! When there were longhaired furmily members, we used to get some really fine ones. Now, with 3 shorthairs, not so much. And we used to live in the Mojave, so we do know tumbleweeds.