I Live With A Cat

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Honeybee is a brat. She scratched up these wicker baskets
20170924_170433.jpg
And some others-I still can't find a replacement for this-this particular setup is perfect for the window=the shelf in front of the window sill is where she spends all night watching the critters in the yard-Jon keeps the window open so she can hear them. If there was a way I could build a catio to keep her safe I know she would never want to come in.

20170924_170405.jpg
20170924_170302.jpg
This is the back door. She managed to claw and bite open the door. Crazy cat. She also claws the rug here and lets it slap down to tell us let me out.

20170924_170352.jpg
Honeybees 2nd jungle gym. Notice the picture hooks on the wall-she knocked over my painting I have here.

20170924_170342.jpg
The first jungle gym. Bought off craigslist. Rugged made. We put the dog house way up top-it's 9 feet up-Honeybee still scales up the long post on the left side all the way up then jumps up into the house. She loves her house-the winter she spends a lot of time up there.
We put the orange blanket in the cubby to see if she would sleep there-she does sometimes-probably time to wash it-she hasn't had any interest this summer..and the yellow box is her cheese wedge of fuzzy mice I bought off ebay...we have 100 of these all over the house...she chews them up like a dog so not unusual to wake up to a shredded toy mouse in certain spots on the carpet..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha ha, Honeybee's antics made me smile!! :lol: It also reminded me I have a blanket on top of one of my wardrobes as Scraggles seems to like it up there, who but a cat owner would have a blanket on top of a wardrobe o_O - must see if I can get a photo

Ileen :lolup: Luciano's face!!! - He does not look impressed! :crazy:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a problem wity THIS thread. I don't see some of the photos mentioned by different members and my own photos have disappeared. Anybody else having this problem?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange, the problem persists. Cannot either go back to the previous pages. If I had this problem with the other threads I would think it is my computer but everything is fine with the rest of the threads. Could a moderator take a look please? Many thanks for any help.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to add this photo - the cat stood on my laptop (again) the other day and managed to turn the screen sideways on me...

View attachment 203226
scraggles scraggles - Since I wanted to check through the whole thread after golondrina golondrina posted about images not showing up, I thought I'd say that the thread was a wonderful idea - it's one of the most entertaining and absolutely hilarious threads on TCS!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't want to jinx myself, but Luciano does not scratch my furniture (he's got plenty of other issues though, see behavior section). A cat behaviorist told me it's to do with the type of fabric a couch is made with; some are just not as pleasant for cats to scratch than others. My current couch is over 30 years old (used to be in my parents' house) and is brown plush. I think shiny, vinyl, leather fabric is more enticing for cats, but I'm sure when it's time to give up this couch, whatever I get as a substitute will be the kind he likes to scratch.