I let feral Minou inside. Need cat language translation!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@catwoman707  Sorry for the delay, my computer often acts up when i'm on here. I started replying 2 days ago but lost everything. Gah.
I have an appointment on monday for Pixie's vaccines. I wonder if i'll need to go for boosters in a month? And do you recommend giving her FeLV vaccines? Minou is negative, but he could catch it.
Minou won't need any more vaccines ever? Or In 3 years?

Typical cat talk can be cute. Yesterday they actually almost touched noses through the baby barrier, then she hissed a bit and was meowing with her kitten voice but so softly it was barely audible. He seems to get a bit bored after a minute and went to eat a bit. She took the treats. When i let him in after (Pixie in the bedroom) i wondered why he was meowing and looking in every corners. I guess he was looking for her.
She, however, emptied the litter box while she was in the bedroom. She did that once, right after being spayed and was hyper for 24 hours. Little jerk, she made a mess. I have incorporated a second litter box in prevision. There will be a third one, his box that i for now keep in a bag on top of the trash can on the porch and bring in when i invite him inside. I don't want to bring it in now and Pixie goes in and puts her scent in there. Maybe he won't use it again if it smells like her.
I have not had the chance to notice if he still licks his giblets. But i have seen him this morning produce a yellowish loose stool in the yard. I wonder what that is...I have seen him do such stools before his surgery, but when i kept him inside post-op, he did a formed stool. He didn't eat much this morning, pooped and left. He didn't eat much yesterday either. He was gone a lot though, so maybe he ate someplace else, food that doesn't agree with him. Or maybe he is sick...It's hard to know.
I already know i'll ask for a cat fountain for Christmas. If this cat gets sick now, i'll have no choice but to have him put down cause i really have no budget to heal him. I have heard urinary blockages are very expensive to treat, and even with basic infection, the diagnosis process is costly. I'm already in debt, with an unstable fridge and caved in sofa that could break any day. I'm sure my vet would agree to have me pay in monthly instalments, but i can't even afford that. I hate being this broke right now.
Still looking for a cheap cat tree and asked for advice for shelf making and installing. This cat is not only teaching me lots about cats, but he is forcing me to learn about shelves.
It really depends on if he is outdoors or not, he certainly doesn't need any vacs for several years at least.

Not sure why you are worrying about uti's, they are not all that common where you can expect him to have one, especially if he gets any canned in his diet, and plenty of fresh clean water.

Any time I have an opportunity to give my girls water, like tuna water, if I make tuna, or chicken broth diluted a bit and so on, I do. That's just my mindset in general since cats can always use more than what they drink.

He likely eats elsewhere and it causes his digestive system to go through immediate changes which will cause loose stools temporarily.

When you work with a vet over time and they get familiar with the cats you have, often times when something pops up like the need for meds, you can call the vet and ask, they know rescuers aren't with an endless supply of money but have the heart to rescue.

Don't get ahead of yourself, worrying changes nothing, don't waste your energy on it.
He licked before his surgery. Why is my font changed? I swear, this computer does not like this forum.It wont let me tag you. Anywho, i have no idea if he pees ok. I'll try and bring him in for longer today and see if he uses the box. I am Canadian, and i don't think rabies shots are mandatory. I was always told it was not that important cause i live in a big city. We do have lots of skunks and other critters though. @MsAimee
I am in California, and we also do not have mandatory rabies vacs laws for cats.

All it takes is seeing him pee one time to know all is fine, he gets in the box, pees, covers it and leaves.

A uti/blockage will look like, he gets in, is in peeing pose, waits, waits, waits, might change positions, then waits, no pee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

It really depends on if he is outdoors or not, he certainly doesn't need any vacs for several years at least.

Not sure why you are worrying about uti's, they are not all that common where you can expect him to have one, especially if he gets any canned in his diet, and plenty of fresh clean water.

Any time I have an opportunity to give my girls water, like tuna water, if I make tuna, or chicken broth diluted a bit and so on, I do. That's just my mindset in general since cats can always use more than what they drink.

He likely eats elsewhere and it causes his digestive system to go through immediate changes which will cause loose stools temporarily.

When you work with a vet over time and they get familiar with the cats you have, often times when something pops up like the need for meds, you can call the vet and ask, they know rescuers aren't with an endless supply of money but have the heart to rescue.

Don't get ahead of yourself, worrying changes nothing, don't waste your energy on it.

I am in California, and we also do not have mandatory rabies vacs laws for cats.

All it takes is seeing him pee one time to know all is fine, he gets in the box, pees, covers it and leaves.

A uti/blockage will look like, he gets in, is in peeing pose, waits, waits, waits, might change positions, then waits, no pee.
Not sure if he will want to keep inside full time. Probably not, but maybe just in winter.
I worry about UTIs cause i have no money for emergencies. It is true that it is wasted energy, but it's hard not to worry when you have no safety net.
I don't know if he drinks well enough. On good days i reckon he drinks 1\4 of a cup here. Hopefully he drinks elsewhere too. I had started watering down his canned food, but for some reason he's not keen on it the past couple days.
Not sure when i'll get Minou to the vet next. I think i'll have to maybe try and get him to let me pick him up first. I haven't even tried yet. All goes well i'll have a year to practice getting him in a carrier.

I saw him do that this morning, changing spots 3 times before producing his loose stool. Don't know if he peed after as he disappeared in the cedars. This was right after breakfast. I always bring his litter box in when we do an 'inside' session in case he has to go. So far he doesn't use it, only that night i kept him in post-op.

I found out which toys he likes today. He hates wands but loves nerf balls and tunnels. He wrecked the tunnel though, with his claws. I got to see his playful side...and his hunter side. He's all neck and shoulders and is very agile with stalking. It was half fun to watch, half scary. 
Pixie was a jerk to me though. I was cleaning my pantry and she kept attacking my ankles. I had played with her earlier but apparently it was not enough. I'm pretty sure you're guessing i worry about her being play aggressive with him and him hurting her in response.
I really hope they end up getting along.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I meant to say, Pixie will be resentful of being closed in the bathroom, but she will get over it.

She will be playing the aggression role with him, but as I said, it's instinctual for males to submit to the dominant females :)

His moving to a few spots but had poop doesn't count and cats will do this when pooping too.

I wouldn't worry about the what if's now, chances are you will have a pretty healthy cat in him.

He may never get a uti, or he might get one in 5 years, there is no way to know what is in the future, I wish we could know!

If you ever buy goats milk, or cat treat milk, you can offer a bit of that even daily if you wanted to without hurting. As I said, any extra liquids will help prevent a uti and is also great for their systems overall.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I alternate between bathroom and bedroom. I always giver her a dried salmon treat when doing so and push some under the door when he's around it. He doesn't care for treats and won't be bribed. It's no fun when i want him to go back outside and he won't budge. Or when i want him to come and he's not particularly hungry. But that's all cats.
Soon, i will try and put him in one room and let her loose in the apartment. Scent swapping or something like that. I had her snif out his blanket yesterday while she was out on the porch with me. It was safe as i saw him getting a sunbath next door :) It gave her a chance to stink up his new 'territory' (porch)
I do hope he submits to her, and that she does not bully him to a point where he snaps and really hurts her. I tried the covered baby barrier again for the second time today, but he was sleeping on the chair and couldn't be bothered.
Goat milk? I'll have to look for that at my local grocery store. I have no idea what cat treat milk is. Do you mean kitten milk?

Ooooh i just understood you are talking resentment cause she kept attacking my ankles. Could be. Could be she is stressed and has pent up stuff. She must need twice the attention these day. It'll be a good day when i can give both attention and care at the same time with some one on one time daily instead of all the attention times 2 separately several times a day. 

Sorry for being whiny. I am taking this much to heart and have a tendency towards anxiety. I was a mess last year when Pixie was very ill and was in the 50-50% chances of surviving or not for several weeks.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to say...I'm not sure if Pixie is dominant as much as she is insecure. She is very independant, but she seems more scared than anything when it comes to Minou. When i took her on the porch, she was so nervous and jumpy. I hadn't taken her out there since Minou was getting TNRed (a week)
Any ideas on how to make her feel more secure? I have watched a lot of Jackson Galaxy and he recommends high spaces like cat trees and shelves so she wont hide so much. I'm working on getting that done.
But other than that?

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!
Minou is still an outside cat though i let him in everyday, usually in the morning and late afternoon. We had a setback yesterday when he was sitting on the table wanting to be petted and when i was just pulling my hand way, he reached out and bit me. He didn't pierce my skin as my finger got in between his fangs, but the bit was powerful. I don't know if it was play agression but the point is he bit hard. Seeing him destroy toys and yanking wand toys out of my hands ( massive jowls), the bite made me lose trust in him and made me decide he is never to be in direct contact with my little Pixie. This made me feel so sad and filled me with dread. I posted about it in Cat Behavior.
I have bought and built a 6 foot tall cat tree this week, and both love it (separately..) Not sure if i'm imagining things, but Pixie seems a bit happier and 'out' more. She has had her shots this week, and i added the FeLV shot. Booster in a month.
However, I have put my shelving project on ice.
I have finished making the Rubbermaid shelter and Minou has been sleeping in it at night. I noticed this morning that his coat was cold when he came out to greet me, so i put more straw in. Not sure if i put too much as he is nowhere to be seen now, and it's cold ad raining. I don't know if i'll ever get used to having a cat that roams.
Anywho, i felt discouraged yesterday and even took off for a while to get my mind off this cat. I decided that even if i don't let him in anymore, his life condition is still much better than before. He is neutered, vaccinated, well fed, sheltered (though i'm not sure the shelter is good enough for our winters...), Revolutionized, and petted when he asks. As of tomorrow, he will have fenbendazole to try and treat his persistent diarrhea even though his stool test came out negative (don't they always...) So that's plenty, right?

Nope. 

After a good night sleep and Minou being his old self today, i started looking for other solutions. Getting electricity on my porch so i can heat his shelter is not an option (i asked...)I wrote a cat behaviorist to ask what he thought, and he said i can never trust a feral and to never let him near my cat.
Womp womp...Ok. Scary. Moving on...I had the idea of putting up a temporary door (with holes so they can peek at each other) in the hallway so i can isolate Minou in the kitchen and keep him in at night. Switch things up during the day. I asked a pro at the hardware store and he stomped on my dream saying it will cost a lot and i will need to build a door frame. Landlord not happy, but he is coming up tomorrow to see what we can do. I really hope i can get a door cause baby barriers aren't good enough for these two, even two on top of one another. I'm really tired of having to lock Pixie in the bedroom, and i really don't want to have to pee in a pot at night if i let Minou roam free  while Pixie and i are in the closed bedroom.

This is so goshdarn complicated but i'm not done yet apparently.

I really hope this ends well for all.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't be so hard on yourself!  Minou has a consistent source of food and love (when he wants it) and now has a warm shelter if he needs it.

I think the animal communicator really didn't understand the situation.  Minou is not truly feral, as he is socialized to you.   That limits things somewhat but he is now a semi-house cat.

If you think about it for a bit, trying to leave feelings out of it, doesn't he have a pretty darn good life?  He may not be laying on silken cushions but really, he has it good.

I would take some time, think things over, improve his porch room as much as feasible and leave it at that for the time being.  You may be trying t do too much at once, so relax and let things be for a bit.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. I should be in bed sleeping right now but i tossed and turned half the night about this. I am SO conflicted. I just wish things could be as they used to be. I want my normal life back, both for me and Pixie. But i feel like i have have reached the point of no return with Minou, and perhaps he has too and that's part of why i feel extremely responsible for him, like his life is in my hands and if he survives or not out next winter is my doing only.
I keep remembering i was already like that as a child, but i was not allowed to take cats in the house. Except now i'm an adult and have more power to help.
To scare myself even further, i went and checked the predictions for winter. Now, i know people can hardly predict the next few days in advance, but still we are told we will have a horrid winter. Very cold,lots of snow.
This is kind of the norm here in Quebec, where the temps can go all the way down to -40C (-40F) in the colder months, the average being about -10C (14F). I don't think a foam cooler inside a Rubbermaind bin with straw will be enough. Sure, he has survived 4 years without my help (though he was fed poor quality food from neighbors and mostly frozen stuff judging by the state of his incisive teeth. Still, he had some food), but he was not alone. He had his sister to bundle up with in the neighbor's shelter (plastic bin with blankets). She has died in the spring, so he is alone to warm himself up in a shelter that could hold 2 cats.
I have put about 5 inches of stray in, along with filling the gaps between the cooler and bin with more straw. My porch has a roof, but it is windy up there on the second floor and last night the rain was hitting the top of his shelter. Then i remember he is FIV pos and will get a bunch of colds and perhaps pneumonia and i wont be able to get him treated cause i would have to put him in a carrier and i don't have money anyway.
He was there this morning, but all the food was gone. I know it wasn't him as he always likes to leave just a bit of food in each dish for some fancy reason. There were prints in the litter box but nothing to scoop, and litter prints all over the porch (the porch floor is wet so litter sticks to all feet). I don't know if it was a cat or a raccoon. And he was in his shelter, trapped. The thought makes me worry. He ate real good this morning though. Ravenous.

I'm rambling. And you are right, i'm too emotional about this. This is a huge challenge for me, letting go and not worrying and being anxious over things like that. I'm overwhelmed as i want to do what's best for both  him and my cat. Nevermind that i'm getting more and more in financial debt and this is affecting my security too.
Speaking of Pixie, i though she was going better with the addition of a tall cat tree, but last night she acted strange; i had just locked her in my bedroom so i could go on the porch and she was there no longer than 7 minutes. When i came back in and let her out, she was hiding in a corner. She came out but for some reason she was very jumpy and scared of me. I knelt down and called her and she eventually came to rub on me as she rarely does, scampered off again, called her back, etc..She was nervous and i have no idea why she was at that precice moment. But i can tell this is affecting her negatively. And that broke my heart too.
I want her to feel safe in her home. And that's when i started wishing for my old life and that he was not around.
I wanted him gone. Get rid of him like those people i judge who get rid of animals do. Wish he would get lost. Thinking of a plan to have someone else take him in (no one would). 
All those ugly  thoughts that go against everything i stand for.

At this point i'm just venting.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic of the shelter, which is usually turned more towards the wall to make it more wind proof. I just noticed litter\paw prints on top of it. Whatever came up last night sat on the shelter while Minou was in there.
And a pic of Minou discovering the hanging toy on the cat tree. Look at that neck.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used a thermal self-warming, non-electric pad in my feral's pet house before I purchased a heating pad for him, and I think it was quite effective. You can purchase one from Amazon or ebay for as cheap as 10 dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cat+self+heating+pad&tag=&tag=thecatsite

I know what you're talking about when you express feelings of being overwhelmed. That's how I felt during much of the four and a half years I spent caring for my outdoor feral. I couldn't handle him at all and he wouldn't come indoors, so each time he became sick or injured, I had to dose him with antibiotics in his food. Each time he disappeared for a few days, I went looking for him in the freezing cold. I couldn't rest at night during bad weather if he wasn't in his pet house on my porch. I, too, worry a lot! But God gave me the grace and strength to care for him, and also three of his offspring (who are inside my home and socialized), and He will give you the strength to care for this little cat He sent your way. My beloved feral, Muffin, gave me so much more than I gave him--friendships with many of the neighbors on my block whom I had never spoken with prior to caring for him, learning to care for another in a truly selflessly way, and learning to better value each day of my life more--and I feel his spirit still watching over me now, 7 months later. So it was well worth it. You are doing a great thing by helping this little creature in need. Pixie will adjust to whatever role Minou plays in your and her lives. Cats do adjust and learn to accept change. If you can relax, Pixie will, too. Cats sense our stress and react to it. So stay strong :)

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks MsAimee.
Over 4 years of that??? Geez!
I'm sorry for your loss :(
Caring for others in a selfless way is what has often gotten me in trouble in my life. I'm actually trying to stop that, or to learn how to dose it off a bit.
You're right about cats sensing our emotions and i was actually talking to myself last night saying i am probably adding to her current stress.
I really do hope i can get a door installed in my hallway.
I have so many people telling me different things IRL. Some have taken in ferals with their (socialized) cats no problem. They say, just let him in and they'll work it out. But i think that is the wrong way to go about this. This could create a fight pattern that will be very hard to correct. Plus, Minou's mouth is almost double the size of Pixie's. She is a 12lbs cat and is longer than him, but he is full of muscle. She is full of neurosis.
Point is, they judge me for not letting him in full time.
Some tell me to stop worrying and leave him out to fend for himself in his shelter.
Some just shake their heads at all the trouble i am giving myself and how much it is costing me. I'm chronically broke. I have had some help with people donating straw and a little money, but nowhere near the amount im putting on my credit card.
I'll try and talk to my vet later when she calls in with the fenben prescription for Minou, see what she would do. Fingers crossed it comes in a yummy flavor.
I'm asking for advice left and right, i know.

About the pad, wouldn't the material retain moisture? Even if it stays dry inside, he's going to be getting in there with paws full of snow and a couple flakes on his coat, which will all melt in there. Wouldn't he be better with this?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.bubble-pack-2x10.1000407996.html

If so, would it have to be directly on his coat or do i put the foil under the straw? Or cut strips of it and mix it with the straw? I think it was you that suggested this product earlier in this thread?
That reminds me i still need to jack the shelter on 2X4s with straw in the middle to keep it off the floor and warmer. And to get more straw. I gave some to a neighbor and another might need some too.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but it was also four and a half years of his friendship, and sitting beside him on my porch almost every day, or in my yard, and enjoying him. I didn't mean to paint such a negative picture. Also, almost everyone on my block loved him, so he brought happiness to people. So it was well worth it.

No, the thermal cushion doesn't retain moisture. You put straw around and a bit on top of it, and the straw (not hay) absorbs the moisture quickly. The inside is made of the mylar sheets people use for emergency warmth. You could actually purchase these sheets  at a sport's store for a few dollars and line the shelter with it if you don't want to purchase the cushion. I'm not familiar with the bubble pack insulation, so I can't comment on how it would work in a shelter. Others might know more about that.

As others have said, your cat does not sound like a feral. He is was likely owned and socialized once, and then left behind or dumped or lost. He can easily be socialized to be an indoor cat at some point, if and when the time is right. Just take it one day at a time for now.

You have every right to take this situation and the introduction between the two cats slowly, and don't let anyone judge you. You are providing him an outdoor shelter, food, vet care, and some time indoors every day. You are doing a great job.

Last edited:

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww you didn't paint such a negative pic, but my anxiety level is high right now so i thought to myself 'No, not years of this!'
I enjoy seeing him on my porch too, and watching him eat and sleep in a ball, and all the times he is clearly happy to be around me.

He *is* feral. He was a kitten when i first moved in 4 years ago. He was part of a litter of 4 kittens, who are now all gone except for him. I could not get near him. He would scamper off. I remember telling the landlord both him and his sister slept on their porch chair and i offered to take in one of them if she would take one too. I described them like 'the black and white with weird markings on his face, and the most beautiful face i have ever seen (that was who would become Pixie's ma 3 years later). We ended up not adopting them cause i could never get near them. Reckoned it was too late as they were wild and unredeemable. Plus, i had a large dog at the time so they ended up never coming to our yard for the next 3 years after being woken up too often by a furious dog.
The reason he has warmed up to me is that 3 neighbors have been feeding him since day one, and one of them could pet his head from her basement window when she put food out.
It took me a while for him to come to me once he started coming back to our yard. It took lots of food and patience and talking to him in a baby voice and lettin him come to me. Maybe it helped that he has been seeing me from afar for years, gardening downstairs or up on my balcony doing my thing. I am 100% sure he is feral. Another neighbor has told me he could never approach him. I just think one neighbor laid a really good ground in order for him being able to trust someone who feeds him regularly. 

Hey, i could maybe get maylar from paramedics at work. Or order it, it's pretty cheap.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A question for the people who know much more about cats than i do (which is probably 90% of you here)
Is it ok to let them see each other through a window? They seem to have taken a habit of watching each other while Pixie is in the cat tree next to the window, and he jumps up on the trash can and sits there, 2 feet from her. It's cold so of course the window remains closed.
Both seem calm about it, from what i have seen. But i'm wondering if it's a good thing or it creates a bad kind of anticip..ation. I have seen on My cat from hell than when resident cats see other cats outside, it can cause anxiety and problems related to territory.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has already been in your house many times, right? These cats are already familiar with each other and already know each other by scent and sight. So of course it is okay for them to be looking at each other. Cats do sense the anxiety of their humans, so if you can relax around them, especially when they are looking at each other or any kind of interaction between them, that will be helpful for them. When I took in my last feral kitten, she was scared to death of me for a few months. One of the ways in which I socialized her to myself and my other 4 cats was to have her see me picking each of them up and holding them and singing to them and yes even dancing around with them. I sang "Consider Yourself at Home" to her and she saw my other cats responding positively to me, and they saw me trying to engage her in play, so they knew the other was safe because of me. Try to set a positive and relaxed tone when they are both around and they will start to see that they are safe with each other because you are there and love both of them.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

A question for the people who know much more about cats than i do (which is probably 90% of you here)
Is it ok to let them see each other through a window? They seem to have taken a habit of watching each other while Pixie is in the cat tree next to the window, and he jumps up on the trash can and sits there, 2 feet from her. It's cold so of course the window remains closed.
Both seem calm about it, from what i have seen. But i'm wondering if it's a good thing or it creates a bad kind of anticip..ation. I have seen on My cat from hell than when resident cats see other cats outside, it can cause anxiety and problems related to territory.
It's pretty hard to prevent.  Our Joey, who is inside at night now, met all the resident cats through the window.  However a friend got some bad scratches when she tried to stop her own cat from trying to fight a local wanderer through the window.  Closed windoe.  I guess she should have flapped a towel at him or something but she thought he was going to hurt himself and tried to pick him up and he lashed out at her.  It's called redirected aggression, her cat may not even have known it was her, he was so angry at the outside one.

Yes, I picked up mine and petted them so Joey could see they let me, in hopes he would do the same.  Joey did let me pick him up but I think he would have anyway.  :)

Last edited:

wet fip mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have trapped & acclamated numerous feral cats. You need to be EXTREMELY patient! I hope you have an room he can acclimate to being inside. Take EVERYTHING off dressers/tables. Careful of curtains (they will climb them) Draw up blinds cuz they wil climb them too! Give it 3-4 days to get the "wild & crazy" phase to run its course. They will mellow out by the 5th.

You said you had a housecat, Pixie. Give it a month for the cats to get used to each others smell. If you have a bedroom, that could be used to separate them. Feed them by the door at the same time to get familiar with the smell. Fllor toys(if they play with them) once a week swap the toys. Keep the scent with good things. (Feeding & fun time) If pixie & Minou need more separation time, that's fine! With 1 feral cat, I had to reacclimate him a few times. Feral cats aren't used to 4 walls & cats in their space. Then with the last 2 feral cats (i call them brothers/unseparable) I caught, took less time. Not a violent bone in their bodies.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@MsAimee  Awww@ singing to cats.
Yes, he has been in several times, on average twice a day for the past couple weeks. He's in from 15 minutes to 2 hours. I usually put Pixie in my bedroom and let him roam free. He has been sticking to the kitchen since i got the cat tree and hangs in there on the top perch. I had started switching things up and putting him in the bedroom but now he won't go in anymore. He HATES being locked in there.
He plays with her toys and has been everywhere in the apartment, including the back of the stove where Pixie usually hides when the doorbell rings (that could be a problem if they both get spooked and end up in the same small space while being scared)
Pixie used to hiss and panic a bit when i would pick her up and show her Minou on the porch. She then started to hang on the corner of the table so she could watch him intensely. But last night when i understood they have been close through the window and both seemed calm, i gave her a bunch of treats so she associates him with yumyums. He's been laying on the trash can more. Not sure if it's to see me or her.

I had the chance to watch him interact with another cat today. There is a young owned Siamese cat that comes to our yard. I have caught him many times eating Minou's food, and also squatting in his litter box (i don't like that cat). He is very active and i see him in all the yards and porches. Today i hadn't seen Minou in hours and it was raining so i called him. He popped up in the neighbors yard, closely followed by the Siamese. He was stalking Minou. As Minou came running to me, the cat ran after him. Minou would slow down and meow at him, so the cat stopped, but then he would stalk more, Minou meowed, etc...Minou looked scared and very annoyed, and the cat did not take him seriously. The only reason he stopped running after Minou is cause he saw i was on the balcony (i usually hiss at him) Wonder if that's how he will be around Pixie, who is annoying and stalky too with me.

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 Yikes about your friend. 
I have picked up Pixie and showed to Minou though the window many times in the hopes he would understand she is my precious, and i'm not mean, and Pixie has it good and he could have it good too.@Piano Cat

pixies ma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@wet fip mom  I feel i have been patient so far, but someone mentionned he hasn't been around very long with me and to expect him to act feral still (like when he bit me this week). It is true. I started feeding him late august, and it took him many weeks to come near me, longer to jump on my lap, and more time to come inside and enjoy it. It seems like forever to me though as i have put so much thought and energy on this.

I usually let him roam free, and he doesn't seem too spooked. He explores a lot. He prefers the kitchen though, where the door to the porch is.
Thats why i had the idea to install a temporary door so i wont always have to lock Pixie in a room when he is inside, and so i can keep him overnight at least. I have no idea if i will be able to do this as i am not handy at all, but my landlord came to take measurements today and he said he has some wood at his cottage and will give it to me. I hope he helps with the actual building as i have no idea what to do. Apparently i need a frame. Anyway, i hope it gets done and it works out. It will be good for the exercises too and hopefully i can get a door that they can see eachother through it.
I had already started the feeding them at the same time at either side of the door, but it's harder to do now as he will not go in anymore, not even with treats. That cat is not easy to distract. He is more food motivated than toys, but the only treat that work with him is fancy freeze dried chicken. And it doesn'T always work.
Pixie is easier to work with, easily distracted with wand toys or cheap treats.