I Have More Trust Issues Than This Feral..

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my! They actually got playful without crossing the line! I got tickled at Finn looking up during the sermon you were listening to. Maybe Church did them a little good huh? :lol: Perhaps the tone got through?

The fireplace scene was just heartwarming. Truly peaceful. :woo:
Oh good, I'm glad you think the interaction went well! I watched it again last night, and wondered what the biting at the neck was the Charlie was doing. He's only been doing that these last couple days. Is that pure play, or is that dominance? Charlie did make Finn yelp a couple times about an hour after I took those vids; I don't know if the yelps were yelps of fear or pain, or if it was just Finn crying "uncle"?

One more question:
Last night when I was getting Finn ready for bed (I hide a hot water bottle under his blankets and give him lovies before bed), Charlie was pretty persistent with wanting in Finn's room. Normally I don't allow Charlie in Finn's room as Finn doesn't really have anything that's "just his". Since the weekend went so well, I allowed him in for a while And Finn allowed it, too (normally Finn would attack if Charlie entered his room). While I was loving on Finn, Charlie went and sprayed in Finn's litter box. I wasn't sure what to do about this. Finn uses both of Charlie's litter boxes, so Charlie using his seems fair. However, the spraying part... I probably wouldn't think a thing of it except that rather than just "use" Finn's litter box, he sprayed across the top of the litter back and forth. Is this okay? Should I allow it or prevent it?

Wait, one more question still -
Wayfair. Has anyone ever ordered cat supplies from Wayfair? There's a Tucker Murphy cat tree on Wayfair that I'm looking at for Finn, but haven't heard of the brand and can't find any reviews on this site for cat trees from them. And where on this forum would be a good place to post and ask that question for people who might not come to the strays and feral section of the forum?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good, I'm glad you think the interaction went well! I watched it again last night, and wondered what the biting at the neck was the Charlie was doing. He's only been doing that these last couple days. Is that pure play, or is that dominance? Charlie did make Finn yelp a couple times about an hour after I took those vids; I don't know if the yelps were yelps of fear or pain, or if it was just Finn crying "uncle"?

One more question:
Last night when I was getting Finn ready for bed (I hide a hot water bottle under his blankets and give him lovies before bed), Charlie was pretty persistent with wanting in Finn's room. Normally I don't allow Charlie in Finn's room as Finn doesn't really have anything that's "just his". Since the weekend went so well, I allowed him in for a while And Finn allowed it, too (normally Finn would attack if Charlie entered his room). While I was loving on Finn, Charlie went and sprayed in Finn's litter box. I wasn't sure what to do about this. Finn uses both of Charlie's litter boxes, so Charlie using his seems fair. However, the spraying part... I probably wouldn't think a thing of it except that rather than just "use" Finn's litter box, he sprayed across the top of the litter back and forth. Is this okay? Should I allow it or prevent it?

Wait, one more question still -
Wayfair. Has anyone ever ordered cat supplies from Wayfair? There's a Tucker Murphy cat tree on Wayfair that I'm looking at for Finn, but haven't heard of the brand and can't find any reviews on this site for cat trees from them. And where on this forum would be a good place to post and ask that question for people who might not come to the strays and feral section of the forum?
I have no experience with Wayfair but Chewy is truly A+++ with ordering and customer service. If you can find the same tree or a similar one on Chewy I'd get it there.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd post in Grooming and General Cat Care to ask about cat trees. I've also ordered from Chewy.com a lot, and always a good experience.
I have no experience with cats spraying, so will be good to hear what others have to say.
I've bought Whisker City cat trees that I saw in person at Petco and Petsmart, and Armarkat that I didn't think were quite as thick of carpeting material, but that's all I have for cat trees.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I got a Feandra cat tree from Amazon which I love - maybe I should just buy the same thing and have two of the same so one isn't more desirable than the other. I use Chewy a lot - they're fantastic! I'll go check out their trees again; last time I looked I didn't see any that looked as sturdy as the one I have, but they may have new stock. Thanks!

I've bought Whisker City cat trees that I saw in person at Petco and Petsmart
Were you pleased with the quality - would purchase again? I'll look up those names too, thanks!

Finn just accidentally punctured my finger. I was feeding him a treat by hand and he thought my finger was tuna and he chomped down pretty hard. Punctured on the front and back. It bled for quite a while. I washed it and rubbed it with rubbing alcohol. I've heard so many scary stories about cat bites, but as long as it's washed thoroughly and disinfected it should be good, right?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finn just accidentally punctured my finger. I was feeding him a treat by hand and he thought my finger was tuna and he chomped down pretty hard. Punctured on the front and back. It bled for quite a while. I washed it and rubbed it with rubbing alcohol. I've heard so many scary stories about cat bites, but as long as it's washed thoroughly and disinfected it should be good, right?
The big thing to worry about with Cat bites is cellulitis, but you should be fine since you cleaned and disinfected it right away. If it gets red and starts to hurt though it means it's become infected and you'll need antibiotics.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The spraying is aggravating and he was totally adding his scent there. Not necessarily a big deal as long as it stops at that and Finn is not upset by it. Since Finn uses his box I’m not surprised Charlie did that. If I remember right he did that once early on and nowhere else so.... mixing scents maybe.
The nips are play/teaching. Charlie needs to establish his place in the same way that Finn needs to. Just sit back and observe. They are doing very well.
I don’t know about cat tree brands. I have gotten ours from various places. I kind of like the idea of matching trees just because of the competitive nature going on there. Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Ouch. :alright: Everything ok today?

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 Vesper cat trees and Lazy Buddy and my cats love them. Even the fat, fluffy one. I like that they aren't all carpet as I've developed allergies and these don't trap as much hair. 🤗
Thanks so much - I'll add those to my list to check out this weekend when I get a chance!

Ouch. :alright: Everything ok today?
Yes, thanks for asking. Swollen and warm but nothing more! :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it clean and dry. I’ve always been told to let the bite get air. Some I have seen here disk in Epsom salts. I don’t know if that helps the pain or not. Bites really do hurt. Just watch for any redness spreading away from the bite up the finger or hand. If it’s any comfort, I’ve had many, many bites without a problem. Spreading red is something to get addressed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, thanks for asking. Swollen and warm but nothing more! :)
Please keep a very close eye on it. :alright:

Below is an excerpt from Cat Bites - What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know

"Carefully monitor the wound. If it becomes red, painful, swollen or warm to the touch, seek immediate medical attention. Infections can progress within hours, so do not delay treatment."​

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Is it painful at all? With cat bites they are so narrow at the surface that they close up quickly on the top and trap bacteria in the wound and infection starts lightning fast. Is it red at all?
That it's warm is concerning. You should have it checked just to be safe (retired nurse here.) But if it's not better in 24 hours would for sure have it checked.

Last edited:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys! It'll be fine - thanks to you all, I knew to clean it and disinfect it thoroughly. Otherwise it may have been problematic. Still a bit swollen but the heat is gone, so my body is winning.

Best night yet tonight. Finn still paces the house crying a LOT, but he did come snuggle with me on my bed a couple times tonight, and Charlie did not act jealous at all! And they both used the same litter box in front of each other without acting territorial toward each other! I'm not even putting Charlie's calming collar on him anymore. Still using the Bach's vine on their skin and CBD oil in their food. It is glorious to have peace in place of that constant stress! :clap2:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys! It'll be fine - thanks to you all, I knew to clean it and disinfect it thoroughly. Otherwise it may have been problematic. Still a bit swollen but the heat is gone, so my body is winning.

Best night yet tonight. Finn still paces the house crying a LOT, but he did come snuggle with me on my bed a couple times tonight, and Charlie did not act jealous at all! And they both used the same litter box in front of each other without acting territorial toward each other! I'm not even putting Charlie's calming collar on him anymore. Still using the Bach's vine on their skin and CBD oil in their food. It is glorious to have peace in place of that constant stress! :clap2:
Good news on the bite plus the kitties! So good to hear.