I Has An Expresshun!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to get a shot of the Lesk (the family nickname for Alaska; when he's feeling crazy, he's like a force of nature, so he became a "the".) yawning, but no luck. He snapped his mouth shut before my old crappy camera could get a decent photo. Those yawning shots are harder than they look!
They are! Out of 3 cats, I've gotten one "good yawn" photo. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely stunning! Those are the kind of eyes one could get lost in, and you almost never see this on cats that aren't all white! What a magical face! Where did you get him/her? Just gorgeous.

Yes, after reading that many young, unaltered Maine Coons have shorter fur, I've learned that his coat is great for his age, and, when he is older, will be amazing. He has tail floof and belly shag for days, and his ruff is coming in nicely. I'm so very proud of how he is developing. His coat alone could possibly make up for whatever nose bump (his only real flaw from my inspection; We will learn more at his first show this summer.) loses us in shows. I think he's a great starting point from which to make a line of gorgeous and impeccable cats.

I plan on making two separate lines and converging them once I get a kitten from each that has the best possible features from each, then further craft my look with promising kittens from future generations and Russian imports. My goal is to really become one of those envy breeders that people dream of buying from. I want my line of Maine Coons to be a dynasty, and am making my logo look like a coat of arms, to reflect that. I'm very excited for the future of my cattery, and I think I have the eye to do it.

Thank you for showing me this! While I may not be able to buy from this cattery (and I bet breeding rights are even more impossible to acquire), I like to have a list of these fantastic catteries to give me inspiration of what I want for my look. Any resource available is useful. I won't be copying anyone else's look, but use my favorite of everything I find to create the look I personally love, the lion like chunky face Alaska has, but with a smoother nose, thicker lynx tips, and very prominent ruffs. I want to breed very large cats as well, but the MC mantra is "Type over size", so size is just icing on the cake, something I'd use to choose between two cats of equal type quality as per my priorities.

I probably come off as a crazy dreamer to some of you, an optimist with no idea what she's in for. I know it won't be all cherries and butterflies. I can not only take criticism, but desire it, to perfect my craft. I've always been ambitious, from the time I was a little girl. I have the eyes to see potential others don't, I think. It'll be put to the test with this ambition, so I will find out one way or the other. I didn't know the breed standard from a hole in the ground when I chose Alaska, or when I decided to start this. I just knew he was beautiful, and he had to have something special. I was right. He isn't perfect, but he's a very strong first step.

The female I'm buying has the genetics to breed out Alaska's weaknesses and enhance his strengths in his kittens. She comes from straight nosed parents, her father having a very similar face shape to Alaska, and her mother having a more feminine version. Both have great coats with nice coats. Her lynx tips are very strong. I chose her because I saw a wide muzzle, perfect eye/ear set, a great coat, and thick lynx tips to top her fantastic ears. The ears in the other female I was looking at were just too flawed, despite her other fantastic features. My next female will either be Russian, or a half sibling of hers, as I know of a deal going down between two breeders that is undoubtedly going to make amazing kittens, as both parents are among the strongest I've seen in domestic Euro MCs. I can't wait! We will see. If I succeed, you may get to watch the beginning of one of these dream catteries. If I don't, you can laugh at my failure, and I'll be laughing with you, as I get ready to pick up and start again. I have a thick skin, and you need it in this business. A thick skin, a good eye, and ambition. We will see if I have what it takes. I intend to show my breeders, as not to become breeder-blind.
@MistyDawn Blue does have eyes that can melt your heart. I have been helping feral and rescued cats. This gorgeous guy showed up on my property as a lost kitty. He captured me! I was amazed that he had a mate, Goldilocks, that he remained faithful to.( He did have babies by another female before he found Goldie and before I brought him in.) He guarded Goldie and their babies in a very dangerous place. I rescued Goldie and the babies as well. It’s a long story but maybe I will post about Blue, Goldilocks and the three bears. They still need their fairytale ending of a home! Any volunteers? I will post a picture of a couple of his other babies now. Already adopted. Harlequin and tuxedo fluff, Churchill. Too pretty! Faces that scream Expresshun!
E87E514E-F5E9-4263-9852-A35FD6E46990.jpeg

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@MistyDawn Blue does have eyes that can melt your heart. I have been helping feral and rescued cats. This gorgeous guy showed up on my property as a lost kitty. He captured me! I was amazed that he had a mate, Goldilocks, that he remained faithful to.( He did have babies by another female before he found Goldie and before I brought him in.) He guarded Goldie and their babies in a very dangerous place. I rescued Goldie and the babies as well. It’s a long story but maybe I will post about Blue, Goldilocks and the three bears. They still need their fairytale ending of a home! Any volunteers? I will post a picture of a couple of his other babies now. Already adopted. Harlequin and tuxedo fluff, Churchill. Too pretty! Faces that scream Expresshun!View attachment 233852
I love them! Do you mean to tell me that this beautiful boy and his lady are up for adoption?

I can't take him. I'm forbidden from taking any more permakitties until we move into the bigger house. I do my own rescue though and can advertise for you. Where are you located? I have friends all over from travel, moves, and spending a lot of time online.

They are! Out of 3 cats, I've gotten one "good yawn" photo. :)
I don't have a single yawning photo. I can never seem to catch them. It'd be a lot easier if I had an actual camera, instead of just a phone. My phone takes like two seconds to take a photo, so whatever I'm trying to take a photo of is over by the time the dumb thing clicks. :(

Haha, you could Photoshop clown makeup on him and make an awesome joker cat. Gorgeous kitty too! I love black cats, especially longhairs. I had a gorgeous black/chocolate smoke boy when I was a little girl named Kovu. He was a sight!

Last edited:

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sonatine Sonatine - Yep - no question - I see Jack Nicholson in that expression plain as day!
I thought this was going to turn out to be a cute picture of my cat meowing when I took it but she looks like a total psycho.

I even tried again, and nope, still psychotic! Maybe it's showing me her true nature!
IMG_0930.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MistyDawn MistyDawn Yes they are up for adoption. I would love to find them a home. I live in the “Deep South”. PM me and I will give you more details as well as special pics for you. The area we are in is high risk for any cats so all of my adoptees have been going to other places and I have to advertise elsewhere. Any help for them would be greatly appreciated. Because you were so sweet to ask..... my little tech savvy Banjo is sending you a selfie and a smile. ( She thinks she owns my phone and I can’t put it down without finding her doing something to it!)She and I use my phone for pics. We got the yawn photo by taking the pic in high light and without flash. Don’t know if that helps but I get less of a delay in the camera that way. I also hit the shutter button a BUNCH of times in a row to have a better chance of getting the picture I want. Cats move so fast!
I love them! Do you mean to tell me that this beautiful boy and his lady are up for adoption?

I can't take him. I'm forbidden from taking any more permakitties until we move into the bigger house. I do my own rescue though and can advertise for you. Where are you located? I have friends all over from travel, moves, and spending a lot of time online.

I don't have a single yawning photo. I can never seem to catch them. It'd be a lot easier if I had an actual camera, instead of just a phone. My phone takes like two seconds to take a photo, so whatever I'm trying to take a photo of is over by the time the dumb thing clicks. :(

Haha, you could Photoshop clown makeup on him and make an awesome joker cat. Gorgeous kitty too! I love black cats, especially longhairs. I had a gorgeous black/chocolate smoke boy when I was a little girl named Kovu. He was a sight!
3D195C8B-0FA7-4557-911A-6CC28FE18752.jpeg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MistyDawn MistyDawn Yes they are up for adoption. I would love to find them a home. I live in the “Deep South”. PM me and I will give you more details as well as special pics for you. The area we are in is high risk for any cats so all of my adoptees have been going to other places and I have to advertise elsewhere. Any help for them would be greatly appreciated. Because you were so sweet to ask..... my little tech savvy Banjo is sending you a selfie and a smile. ( She thinks she owns my phone and I can’t put it down without finding her doing something to it!)She and I use my phone for pics. We got the yawn photo by taking the pic in high light and without flash. Don’t know if that helps but I get less of a delay in the camera that way. I also hit the shutter button a BUNCH of times in a row to have a better chance of getting the picture I want. Cats move so fast!

View attachment 233874
Oh, what a beautiful photo Jcatbird Jcatbird and mostly, what a stunning cat!:)