TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Might as well post my new photos of Alaska. :) Mostly sleepy, lol. I can only get a decent photo when he's asleep. Otherwise, he's grabbing out to get my hand or my camera, or just a white blur on the camera. :dizzycat: I couldn't have found a better emote for him.

20180523_155749_20180523195709999.jpg
20180523_155732_20180523205620390.jpg
20180523_155722.jpg
20180523_143809_20180524142335267.jpg
20180523_143746.jpg
20180523_143503.jpg
20180523_144411_20180524143019699_20180526230238044_20180527143930280.jpg
20180523_142202.jpg
received_1913290705389947.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, extraordinary. I love him. He'd probably make smoke kittens if mated to a black female, and that's my goal for my next male. What an amazing cat. Those ears are just too adorable!
MistyDawn MistyDawn - It's one of the premiere Maine Coon catteries these days, and a quick look through Ana's site will tell you why. Every cat and kitten is meticulously health-tested, and the results are posted clearly; complete pedigrees are shown for every kitten, and her knowledge of the breed is second to none. Photos of all past litters are maintained permanently as an archive on the site, so that future clients can make comparisons and draw conclusions as to which traits certain lines will tend to express. Sadly, you have a better chance at winning the lottery than of buying a kitten from her; those bloodlines are responsible for countless rosettes, year after year.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Blue would probably love to “ get away”! Looks grumpy but is a huge teddy bear. Wish I could keep him. Heart warming story. When I get time I’ll figure out where to post it. Part of Goldilocks and the three bears. Lol

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View attachment 233781 Camera? Seriously? ( rescue Blue)
Absolutely stunning! Those are the kind of eyes one could get lost in, and you almost never see this on cats that aren't all white! What a magical face! Where did you get him/her? Just gorgeous.

Alaska is a beautiful cat! MistyDawn MistyDawn ! I am in love with his lovely fur!:redheartpump:

Yes, the best opportunity to snap a photo of our cats is when they are sleeping, otherwise, they are indeed either grabbing at the camera or like Speedy, looking the other way! But then,these pictures are treasures, too I suppose.;)
Yes, after reading that many young, unaltered Maine Coons have shorter fur, I've learned that his coat is great for his age, and, when he is older, will be amazing. He has tail floof and belly shag for days, and his ruff is coming in nicely. I'm so very proud of how he is developing. His coat alone could possibly make up for whatever nose bump (his only real flaw from my inspection; We will learn more at his first show this summer.) loses us in shows. I think he's a great starting point from which to make a line of gorgeous and impeccable cats.

I plan on making two separate lines and converging them once I get a kitten from each that has the best possible features from each, then further craft my look with promising kittens from future generations and Russian imports. My goal is to really become one of those envy breeders that people dream of buying from. I want my line of Maine Coons to be a dynasty, and am making my logo look like a coat of arms, to reflect that. I'm very excited for the future of my cattery, and I think I have the eye to do it.

MistyDawn MistyDawn - It's one of the premiere Maine Coon catteries these days, and a quick look through Ana's site will tell you why. Every cat and kitten is meticulously health-tested, and the results are posted clearly; complete pedigrees are shown for every kitten, and her knowledge of the breed is second to none. Photos of all past litters are maintained permanently as an archive on the site, so that future clients can make comparisons and draw conclusions as to which traits certain lines will tend to express. Sadly, you have a better chance at winning the lottery than of buying a kitten from her; those bloodlines are responsible for countless rosettes, year after year.
Thank you for showing me this! While I may not be able to buy from this cattery (and I bet breeding rights are even more impossible to acquire), I like to have a list of these fantastic catteries to give me inspiration of what I want for my look. Any resource available is useful. I won't be copying anyone else's look, but use my favorite of everything I find to create the look I personally love, the lion like chunky face Alaska has, but with a smoother nose, thicker lynx tips, and very prominent ruffs. I want to breed very large cats as well, but the MC mantra is "Type over size", so size is just icing on the cake, something I'd use to choose between two cats of equal type quality as per my priorities.

I probably come off as a crazy dreamer to some of you, an optimist with no idea what she's in for. I know it won't be all cherries and butterflies. I can not only take criticism, but desire it, to perfect my craft. I've always been ambitious, from the time I was a little girl. I have the eyes to see potential others don't, I think. It'll be put to the test with this ambition, so I will find out one way or the other. I didn't know the breed standard from a hole in the ground when I chose Alaska, or when I decided to start this. I just knew he was beautiful, and he had to have something special. I was right. He isn't perfect, but he's a very strong first step.

The female I'm buying has the genetics to breed out Alaska's weaknesses and enhance his strengths in his kittens. She comes from straight nosed parents, her father having a very similar face shape to Alaska, and her mother having a more feminine version. Both have great coats with nice coats. Her lynx tips are very strong. I chose her because I saw a wide muzzle, perfect eye/ear set, a great coat, and thick lynx tips to top her fantastic ears. The ears in the other female I was looking at were just too flawed, despite her other fantastic features. My next female will either be Russian, or a half sibling of hers, as I know of a deal going down between two breeders that is undoubtedly going to make amazing kittens, as both parents are among the strongest I've seen in domestic Euro MCs. I can't wait! We will see. If I succeed, you may get to watch the beginning of one of these dream catteries. If I don't, you can laugh at my failure, and I'll be laughing with you, as I get ready to pick up and start again. I have a thick skin, and you need it in this business. A thick skin, a good eye, and ambition. We will see if I have what it takes. I intend to show my breeders, as not to become breeder-blind.

Last edited:

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misfit's rehearsing a bit part playing Ralph Kramden:
“Why I oughta!”
“Pow, right in the kisser!”
“To the moon, Alice, straight to the moon!”
I love the black chin! He looks like he should be saying some famous Godfather quote, with perfect aggressive acting. I bet he's a snuggle bear under that mean expression

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the black chin! He looks like he should be saying some famous Godfather quote, with perfect aggressive acting. I bet he's a snuggle bear under that mean expression
She can be sweet. For a feral cat. :p

Actually I was trying to get a photo of her yawning...and I caught the last split second of her yawn there.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She can be sweet. For a feral cat. :p

Actually I was trying to get a photo of her yawning...and I caught the last split second of her yawn there.
I was trying to get a shot of the Lesk (the family nickname for Alaska; when he's feeling crazy, he's like a force of nature, so he became a "the".) yawning, but no luck. He snapped his mouth shut before my old crappy camera could get a decent photo. Those yawning shots are harder than they look!