Hyperthyroid In My Cat Just Being Diagnosed Worriedi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think her throat or mouth is sore. She meows for food, I fix it for her, she takes a tiny bite then walks away. I think she is sore. It has been three weeks and am wondering how long she will be uncomfortable. I have to take her to the vet for a check of her kidney values to see if she will still need sub q fluids. Her thyroid went down to 6 or is it .6? So she is taking a thyroid pill daily until her thyroid starts working again. She will stress out going to the vet thinking I will abandon her again. I found a cat mobile vet who might be able to come to my home and that could be much kinder for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: It has been close to three months since Tutu's I-131 treatment for thyroid adenoma. She is doing ok. We need to go into the vets soon because she is getting more hungry and her weight is a bit down. I think her thyroid is coming back and we might need to lower the thyroid meds the vet put her on after her treatment. He said her thyroid will come back but more slowly being on the meds. Last time we had her blood checked her BUN was elevated but her creatinine was normal and her PLI was very elevated. She was in an IBD flare up with pancreatitis. The vet had recommended adding sweet potatoe to her food but it was the wrong thing to do. She had an allergic reaction. Hence the high numbers. Now I am only adding a little pumpkin once a day to her food to help her constipation and increasing how much juice I put in with her food that comes in the can. So far better. She threw up by the next morning every time she had subbq fluids and that is why I decided to let it go for the next week until we recheck her blood. Her fur is soft not dry and she is eating good and drinking all the juice on her food and a little water. Hopefully her BUN and PLI will be better. She is on a high protein diet as she does not tolerate carbs very well and that can cause the BUN to be higher. I read that creatinine is a better indicator of kidney function and since it was normal last time and I was watching her reactions to the sub q fluids being negative repeatedly so I decided the sub q fluids were not helping rather causing more problems for her. I also did some blood allergy testing and found she is allergic to most proteins and carbs. The vet did. It think it was accurate but the results did match some of my experience with her. We are looking to switch internal medicine vets again as the last one did not have good advise and was too pricy. Her regular internal medicine vet is off for a while due to family crisis. Hope the next one has better advise! She is fifteen years old and I was told her Siamese breed can live till age 20 so in spite of her medical issues I am hoping for the best.
I am also hoping to get the smart meters on my block removed as I believe they have greatly contributed to my cat and I getting tumors. There is a lot of new research indicating cancer being caused by radiofrequency exposures including research from the National Institute of health and the National Institute of environmental health: a national toxicology project. I just filed a disability discrimination complaint with the support of my UCLA neurologist at the department of justice ADA division against three utility companies to get rid of the smart meters on my block. I am sensitive to them and have nerve pain and joint pain with excessive exposures. I will have to move to a more isolated location if I cannot get support. Smart meters have circuit boards running all the time that generate not only the radiated emissions to transmit usage back to the utility company but also generate conducted emissions all the time. The conducted emissions travel on gas, water and electric lines and everything metal into the home. It is a 24/7 cancer enhancing exposure that the public is not protected from or warned about.

Last edited: