How To P(ur)raise / To Like

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Need the Purraise back to purraise that.

I came to check a thread, went to purraise a post, and saw the option was gone... then I saw previous purraises had turned into likes, and thought I'd tripped into the Twilight Zone.
I also liked "Purraise" because cats purr. Bring it back and I will actually use it this time.
Double praise... (or is that triple, now?) :p

I get that the "like" has become a generic and quickly identifiable icon, but I really liked that these forums had given it their own little uniqueness.
I saw all the "likes" this morning, and was kind of wondering if they did an upgrade to the platform..

Now, I am missing the Purraise!!! or "Likes"

Glad I am not alone..
I am confident that whatever the overhaul with the Likes/Purraises, everything will be okay! They are probably just trying out some options while a default is set up for us in the meantime.

In the Profile section, I saw the Ratings area (this could be the default option for "Likes" until it is overhauled):-
View attachment 220923

and one of those is a little rainbow icon for "Optimistic" :) :)

Another is for "Bad spelling" so I hope that one doesn't get used!:D ;)

Anyway, I am sure this is temporary... :cheerleader:
Eek! There's an option for "dumb" too. :crazy:
I just signed up recently but I really liked purrraise too!! It made the site feel like home and not like facebook.
Pushpurrpawsclaws yes! Dumb and bad spelling and disagree and dislike are all so negative. I like how this site is so friendly and upbeat and positive!! Even the fund raising thread is called mega pawsitive!!! I hope purrraise comes back too!!!
Well, FWIW............personally, I have zip, zero, zilch regard for Farcebook.

Yes, I realize that this is not the IMO forum........so, I'll just say this: My wish is that the good folks who are doing the "overhaul" remember the wise old addage "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, (please) don't attempt to fix it".
I wonder about the added value of these negative ratings.
English being my third language, I'm not happy with the rating 'bad spelling'. I know I make mistakes, but now I could be given a negative rating because of that...
And I support purraises instead of likes.
I don't like the idea of putting any type of negative on this site. I vote for 'purraise' instead of 'like'.
The main reason I love this site is not only because of the excellent advice given, but also because it's the friendliest site I've ever been on. If 'dumb' or 'bad spelling' is put on, I may just leave the site.

I hope that whomever is redoing this option takes into account that English may not be the posters first language, and that most of us cannot type without a cat either in our laps or on the keyboard. (which hinders spelling). We all know what the person is trying to say, there is no reason to be nasty and negative.
I vote we go back to purraise

HUGS
:yeah: Main reason I left pinterest is because they kept changing things when all was good. :censored: I really liked the positiveness of that site too. I miss it but couldn't stand the so called "upgrades' every week. :storm: :cloudy:
I'm not worried about spelling, but if somebody rates my post as "dumb", I don't like that at all. That's terrible and insulting.
Does there have to be negative ratings? Are they trying to make this FB where people can be nasty to each other?

Can't the site just be happy happy joy joy, with positive only ratings?
LOL... I can't imagine what would happen with all the posts in "cat voice" if we had a bad spelling option. :dizzycat:
Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed this morning. I was all ready to blame my internet provider. Patience is a virtue! ;)
I have the answer. Just post this every time you want to purraise.

@mightyboosh - I've also tried alternative ways to purraise

Lets See Your Majestic/distinguished Pose!
The trick for me is going to be when things get fixed trying to go back and purraise all the posts that I would like to but can't right now... my memory ain't what it used to be! lol
I was going to purraise this but just realized I can't. :wink:

Wow.

purraisedthis.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mind having like two different types of purraise - an "omg so cute!" V
vs a "wow really useful and insightful" but I definitely don't want negatives!

I just want to chime in to the "I miss the purraise."

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE this site and look forward every day to connecting with my friends here. I just wanted to say I am afraid of the purrraise leaving, for me, it is such a personal connection to another member after they post. I often feel as if I'm nodding my head or giving someone a hug or showing them a smile when I purraise them.

I do not have a smartphone , or know the facebook 'likes' system, but other places I use the anonymous likes, like my online newspaper, it is extremely impersonal and does nothing to connect to others. I agree with others who have posted here and said that the purraise is so unique to thecatsite, it is like our way to shine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't worry guys! The wonderful people that work behind the scenes have to do maintenance from time to time. Computer stuff being what it is; it just takes time sometimes. Rome wasn't built in a day right? ;)

We all love purraise and keeping things positive here. :) I don't know when it will be up; but it will. :)
Well on here wouldn't it be a cat house and how could that be bad? :happycat:
How about the litter box? ;):p

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE this site and look forward every day to connecting with my friends here. I just wanted to say I am afraid of the purrraise leaving, for me, it is such a personal connection to another member after they post. I often feel as if I'm nodding my head or giving someone a hug or showing them a smile when I purraise them.

I do not have a smartphone , or know the facebook 'likes' system, but other places I use the anonymous likes, like my online newspaper, it is extremely impersonal and does nothing to connect to others. I agree with others who have posted here and said that the purraise is so unique to thecatsite, it is like our way to shine.
PicsArt_03-02-11.23.07.jpg

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Same for me. Say if you don't feel the need to reply if others have said the same things on a help thread or whatnot, but you want that person to know you've read the post, a purraise comes in handy. Same for if you think the picture is cute, and a reply isn't needed but you want them to know you think their kitty is a cutie patootie, again the purraise is a good button. My 2 cents lol. I actually went to purraise your post oops.. :D

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if making the site more familiar to sites most people know, such as YouTube and Facebook, helps new user to get onboard that is a good thing. If Anne added a Thumbs Down to get better stats on what is considered acceptable to cat lovers I would be OK with that as well.

Otherwise I will just wait and see as I am not going anywhere:)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I humbly propose the original purraise, and one new "comment" icon:

View attachment 220968
That works for me. Totally worth the overhaul, and more expressive than all the other icons put together!

Side note: I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in wanting purrause back, too. Thanks to all our mods for working to keep things running smoothly AND PAWsitively.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not going to say it....I'm not going to say it....I'm not going to say it....
:crackup:You thought that too, huh? Glad I'm not the only one.

Don't worry everyone. We're aware of the glitch and we're doing our best to iron out the problems. In the meantime please accept this sparkly rainbow unicorn kitten, with our apologies.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think if making the site more familiar to sites most people know, such as YouTube and Facebook, helps new user to get onboard that is a good thing. If Anne added a Thumbs Down to get better stats on what is considered acceptable to cat lovers I would be OK with that as well.
I see your point, but I do not share your thoughts on this. If one thinks something is not acceptable, we already have the flag system. If we disagree (which obviously happens, because we are a ton of people from different ages, backgrounds and countries) the best thing to do is give reasonable arguments to defend our own point of view, rather than hiding behind a "thumbs down".

No one likes a negative tag in their posts, honestly. For many of us, this forum is not only a source of valuable information, but a shelter from all the negativity and pressure of " real life". I would not feel that this is a safe place knowing that when I woke up next morning I may have several thumbs down, critics on my spelling or any other negative icons awaiting me.

That would really not make my day.