How To P(ur)raise / To Like

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE this site and look forward every day to connecting with my friends here. I just wanted to say I am afraid of the purrraise leaving, for me, it is such a personal connection to another member after they post. I often feel as if I'm nodding my head or giving someone a hug or showing them a smile when I purraise them.

I do not have a smartphone , or know the facebook 'likes' system, but other places I use the anonymous likes, like my online newspaper, it is extremely impersonal and does nothing to connect to others. I agree with others who have posted here and said that the purraise is so unique to thecatsite, it is like our way to shine.
Yes! Totally agree. TCS isn't like any other site and I for one do not want it to turn into one! It doesn't take new folks long to figure out how things work here and there are lots of advice and help if they need help figuring things out.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Here's what happened.
We're considering introducing a new purraise system with more options. I had asked the developer to install the new add-on so I can test it and tweak it. This was definitely not meant to be introduced to the community at this point. If we ever use it - and that's still uncertain - rest assured we will not be using negative feedback. The system will also be heavily tweaked and "TCS'ed" for our needs. Including retaining the pretty awesome "purraise" terminology.

I'm sorry about the scare! I live in Israel so the USA daytime is my night time and I only got to the forums now (morning time here). You guys are so awesome for caring so much :redheartpump::grouphug:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still new,but I am digging it here because of the kindness. If I wanted to put up with negativity,there are so many other places to get that on the internet.

Positivity breeds. It's good for ones soul. As does humor,which seems to be in abundance here.

It's one thing to tell someone in a reply that you don't agree,or to give someone advice(when asked)that may be considered harsh. It's a whole next level thing to "thumbs down" or "dislike" people's posts. To joking tell me in a reply that I got it wrong,didn't get the joke,or whatever is far easier to swallow than a "thumbs down" or "dumb".

Let's keep it positive here. Make this place the last bastion of kindness,a small spot on the internet where we have a "family" of friends who will support each other,both verbally and emotionally if needed.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm still new,but I am digging it here because of the kindness. If I wanted to put up with negativity,there are so many other places to get that on the internet.

Positivity breeds. It's good for ones soul. As does humor,which seems to be in abundance here.

It's one thing to tell someone in a reply that you don't agree,or to give someone advice(when asked)that may be considered harsh. It's a whole next level thing to "thumbs down" or "dislike" people's posts. To joking tell me in a reply that I got it wrong,didn't get the joke,or whatever is far easier to swallow than a "thumbs down" or "dumb".

Let's keep it positive here. Make this place the last bastion of kindness,a small spot on the internet where we have a "family" of friends who will support each other,both verbally and emotionally if needed.
I couldn't agree more. What you were seeing was a "raw" version of a platform add-on that clearly was not designed with TCS in mind.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, very well said. I've said it before that it's a sanctuary on here. I think we've all got a built in protection against nastiness and that is because we love cats. Anyone that does aint all bad in my book and they tend to be of compassionate nature.
I was a member of an astronomy site and it was very nice on there too. Just two rare examples but shows it can be done.
Even the IMO threads are civilised and they cover very controversial subjects that on other sites can get abusive and nasty very quickly. They can get 'lively' of course but never horrible and personal.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please note,I am the WORST at purraising. I try not to purrase everything,especially from the folks here I follow(you know who you are)because that's not how I interpreted the ideas of the purraise. It is meant for posts you agree with,dig,or love the photo. There are many here I could spend all day just purraising their posts,but don't want to come off as the creepy new guy who is stalking certain members(I'm looking at you guys snowshoe and Gibs..but from a respectful distance,as I happen to like my skin without claw and teeth marks). There are certain threads when I see everyone giving extremely solid advise. I try to praise them all,but am sure I miss a lot.