How To P(ur)raise / To Like

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello folks in admin -

Here's what I see on my screen nowadays:

upload_2018-3-2_10-41-51.png

There's no option to "Like" someone's posts - no doubt because I'm on a Windows platform and not a SmartPhone. Can we please address this issue? Thanks!

Personal aside to @Anne - "Like" is a FaceBook thing. "Purraise," fit TCS to a "T." It was a signature thing - a way for TCS to say, "we have a sense of humour, we're different, and we're all about cats!" Personal opinion of "Like" -
nonono.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello folks in admin -

Here's what I see on my screen nowadays:

View attachment 220903

There's no option to "Like" someone's posts - no doubt because I'm on a Windows platform and not a SmartPhone. Can we please address this issue? Thanks!

Personal aside to @Anne - "Like" is a FaceBook thing. "Purraise," fit TCS to a "T." It was a signature thing - a way for TCS to say, "we have a sense of humour, we're different, and we're all about cats!" Personal opinion of "Like" - View attachment 220905 .
Side note: I'm currently on a smartphone, and also don't see the option. I'm assuming due to the overhaul? I'm smartphone equipped, but not that smart about the interwebs, so I'll just stay in the "being patient" boat as well. Thanks for letting us know what's up. For a second I thought I had "used up" all my purrause for a given period! Lol.

Shar371

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Personal aside to @Anne - "Like" is a FaceBook thing. "Purraise," fit TCS to a "T." It was a signature thing - a way for TCS to say, "we have a sense of humour, we're different, and we're all about cats!" Personal opinion of "Like" - View attachment 220905 .
:yeah: Need the Purraise back to purraise that.

I came to check a thread, went to purraise a post, and saw the option was gone... then I saw previous purraises had turned into likes, and thought I'd tripped into the Twilight Zone.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise

I came to check a thread, went to purraise a post, and saw the option was gone... then I saw previous purraises had turned into likes, and thought I'd tripped into the Twilight Zone.
Double praise... (or is that triple, now?) :p

I get that the "like" has become a generic and quickly identifiable icon, but I really liked that these forums had given it their own little uniqueness.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am confident that whatever the overhaul with the Likes/Purraises, everything will be okay! They are probably just trying out some options while a default is set up for us in the meantime.

In the Profile section, I saw the Ratings area (this could be the default option for "Likes" until it is overhauled):-
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 9.53.25 AM.png

and one of those is a little rainbow icon for "Optimistic" :) :)

Another is for "Bad spelling" so I hope that one doesn't get used!:D ;)

Anyway, I am sure this is temporary... :cheerleader:

AndreaXan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just signed up recently but I really liked purrraise too!! It made the site feel like home and not like facebook.
Pushpurrpawsclaws yes! Dumb and bad spelling and disagree and dislike are all so negative. I like how this site is so friendly and upbeat and positive!! Even the fund raising thread is called mega pawsitive!!! I hope purrraise comes back too!!!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's being overhauled, afaik.
"Like" is a FaceBook thing. "Purraise," fit TCS to a "T." It was a signature thing - a way for TCS to say, "we have a sense of humour, we're different, and we're all about cats!" Personal opinion of "Like" - View attachment 220905 .

I also liked "Purraise" because cats purr. Bring it back and I will actually use it this time.

Well, FWIW............personally, I have zip, zero, zilch regard for Farcebook.

Yes, I realize that this is not the IMO forum........so, I'll just say this: My wish is that the good folks who are doing the "overhaul" remember the wise old addage "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, (please) don't attempt to fix it".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder about the added value of these negative ratings.
English being my third language, I'm not happy with the rating 'bad spelling'. I know I make mistakes, but now I could be given a negative rating because of that...
And I support purraises instead of likes.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the idea of putting any type of negative on this site. I vote for 'purraise' instead of 'like'.
The main reason I love this site is not only because of the excellent advice given, but also because it's the friendliest site I've ever been on. If 'dumb' or 'bad spelling' is put on, I may just leave the site.

I hope that whomever is redoing this option takes into account that English may not be the posters first language, and that most of us cannot type without a cat either in our laps or on the keyboard. (which hinders spelling). We all know what the person is trying to say, there is no reason to be nasty and negative.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I vote we go back to purraise

I wonder about the added value of these negative ratings.
English being my third language, I'm not happy with the rating 'bad spelling'. I know I make mistakes, but now I could be given a negative rating because of that...
And I support purraises instead of likes.
HUGS

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, FWIW............personally, I have zip, zero, zilch regard for Farcebook.

Yes, I realize that this is not the IMO forum........so, I'll just say this: My wish is that the good folks who are doing the "overhaul" remember the wise old addage "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, (please) don't attempt to fix it".
:yeah: Main reason I left pinterest is because they kept changing things when all was good. :censored: I really liked the positiveness of that site too. I miss it but couldn't stand the so called "upgrades' every week. :storm: :cloudy: