How Long Left? Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Many times a few hours or up to a day before they go into labor they eat a whole lot and or have a large bowel movement to clean out. Also, nature allows a birth to be delayed if mom has been traumatized , such as being trapped or other stress. That is a beautiful cat.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind next time if I get and pregnant fosters. (Fingers crossed)

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys
The kittens are 3 weeks old almost 4!
There's one kitten in the litter she's the runt she eats fine and is the only one who's started solid food but I'm a bit worried about her. She's very different from the rest, they all love playing while she just sits in the corner and sleeps since day one no matter how much she eats and what I feed her she's always underweight. Also her face is different from the rest, it looks a little droopy and her eyes aren't fully open. I called the vets and they said it should be nothing to worry about but I feel like it is. I may just being paranoid. I've attached a picture of her and maybe from her face you may see something wrong? Please I'm getting really worried now. At the beginning I thought it was nothing but it's still going on. I've also attached pics of the other babies so you could see the difference.
20180503_171336.jpg
20180502_175406.jpg
20180503_185846.jpg
20180502_200117.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she just has a different personality, and may be a bit late developmentally in terms of playing.

Not all kittens want to rough and tumble. My cat had 3 males and a female, and the female never wanted to play with her brothers. She stuck by her mom’s side, and was the last to use the litter box.

But because your kitten eats well and is normal in all other ways, I don’t think you need to worry. She sure is a cutie pie, and her eyes look okay too! :)

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you sure because I thought her face looked flatter than the rest. I'm probably paranoid. Thank you so much sarthur2 you've helped me and many people on this site. I really appreciate all the help given

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya guys I needed a bit of help again as usual
So, I found a potential home for 2 of the kittens but the person is really keen on getting the kittens at 8 weeks of age rather than 12. I know they can go at 8 weeks but i read they tend to be healthier, more socialized, well adjusted and confident when they stay with mum a bit longer.
I've told her this however she replied saying she's been recommended getting them as young as possible and she doesn't want to stress them too much when she gets them since they have to be neuture right away at 12 weeks.
I'm so confused on what to answer to that. I set on them leaving at 12 weeks but i don't know how to say it in a nice way.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hiya guys I needed a bit of help again as usual
So, I found a potential home for 2 of the kittens but the person is really keen on getting the kittens at 8 weeks of age rather than 12. I know they can go at 8 weeks but i read they tend to be healthier, more socialized, well adjusted and confident when they stay with mum a bit longer.
I've told her this however she replied saying she's been recommended getting them as young as possible and she doesn't want to stress them too much when she gets them since they have to be neuture right away at 12 weeks.
I'm so confused on what to answer to that. I set on them leaving at 12 weeks but i don't know how to say it in a nice way.
You are right to keep them until 12 weeks and you are setting them up for success in life. If this person can't understand that, they aren't interested in making decisions that are best for the kittens, and might not be the best home.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens need those extra weeks to learn manners. Since there are two of them it is not as critical. Many kittens get let go too early and turn out fine, but those people usually know how to teach them limits and manners. Perhaps you can compromise and let them go at ten weeks? If single kittens go out it is vital they have that time, or people get upset with the biting, attacking ankles and other behavioral problems.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could compromise with the person and go with 10 weeks since she's taking two of them?

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided not to give them the kittens if they aren't budging frI'm 8 weeks then I don't think they're committed enough. They offered to pay a high price but I said no