How Long Left? Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
O
Make sure the weak one has time alone with mom. Put the little 'ball' of kittens to one side when they are full and sleeping and help the little one get a place by herself. She will get stronger if she gets enough to eat.
Okay I'll try that now too

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys so Zoe has already given birth and it's been almost 24 hours but I can still feel a baby inside of her and it's not near the bottom it's in the middle of the belly she's breathing a bit loud in her mouth is a bit open but she's not having any contractions. I've read somewhere they can give birth in 48 hours so I'm not sure if there's anything to worry about or not because I don't want to stress her out by taking her to the vets if it's nothing to worry about

sundayroses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys so Zoe has already given birth and it's been almost 24 hours but I can still feel a baby inside of her and it's not near the bottom it's in the middle of the belly she's breathing a bit loud in her mouth is a bit open but she's not having any contractions. I've read somewhere they can give birth in 48 hours so I'm not sure if there's anything to worry about or not because I don't want to stress her out by taking her to the vets if it's nothing to worry about[/QUOTE

I suggest that unless she starts making painful noises or some really bad smelling stuff comes from you know where, that you should wait until the "time" is up.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you. I've also got another question. Based on everything I've read so far kittens are supposed to grow 10g every day in the first week. And I've also read things about underweight newborns however the kittens are gaining a lot of weight and I don't know whether it needs to be controlled or not. One of the kittens has gained 24g. I'm I just being paranoid?
Ginger male 119g, 136g +17g
Beige female 112g, 124g +12g
Beige male 125g,146g +24g
Black and white male 109g, 125g +16g
Calico female 97g, 110g +13g
Blue is yesterday's weights
Green is today's weights
Pink is how much more they've gained

I'm sorry for all these annoying questions I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and all these babies are healthy as well as the mother

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a tiny little cat. With 5 babies packed into her little body, it wouldn't be surprising if they were born a tiny bit small. I don't think you need to worry about weight gain over the average.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Six to ten grams a day is a minimum. The more they gain the better!

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you again. According to today's weight one of them only gained 1g and another 3g. So I followed the advice Di and Bob gave and put the 2 heavier ones on the side towards mums back when they were sleeping and let the others drink. So hoping things get better by tomorrow. Also I found a flea in the bedding when I changed it. I checked all the babies and mum too but I can't seem to find any on them. Zoe had her flea treatment two weeks ago. And advise?
Thank you in advance

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the small kittens still do not begin to gain you’ll need to supplement them.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried to today but they just won't take in the milk. Could i be doing it wrong? I followed a video I found on youtube.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hii everyone!
So it's been 1 week and 3 days since Zoe had her babies. They're all doing very well 4/5 have already opened their eyes.
This may be a very silly question but is it possible for Zoe to be pregnant. I felt her belly today and felt something hard like another baby, baring in mind I got her when she was 4 weeks pregnant and has not been outdoors since.
I'm also going to attach pics of all the babies and their names too for you to see
20180418_215301.jpg
20180417_230426.jpg
Theo
20180420_080439.jpg
Athen
20180417_230448.jpg

Athena
20180415_163845.jpg

Thea
20180420_155934.jpg

Simba

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Zoe just left her nest so I was able to feel around her belly better. It doesn't feel like a baby. It's more like a swollen uterus? Its long, starts around her ribs to her pelvic area.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I so have kitten envy!!! They're so precious. :redheartpump:

I'm not sure if Zoe's hard tummy is a problem or normal after having a litter. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to answer.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you aren’t sure about her you need to see the vet. Her uterus should be shrinking back to normal size, but she is still lactating. I’m not sure what you’re feeling.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you so much. I think i get too paranoid about everything. I called the vets and they said it's nothing to worry about. They said to only worry if she's stopped eating and isn't pooping properly. I felt so embarrassed asking such silly questions.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No such thing as silly questions where our cat's health is concerned. I'm glad the vet said it isn't anything to worry over. :)

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit confused with the handling of kittens. Should I begin handling them during the 3rd week so just after they're 2 weeks old or is it during the 4th week so after the end of the 3rd week? I just wanted to ask since different websites say different things and it's confusing the hell out of me.

rescue53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vets said she's got about a week left yet I haven't seen the kittens moving yet. Should I be worried?
Many times a few hours or up to a day before they go into labor they eat a whole lot and or have a large bowel movement to clean out. Also, nature allows a birth to be delayed if mom has been traumatized , such as being trapped or other stress. That is a beautiful cat.