How Long Left? Please Help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don’t think you need to worry. It can get tight in there towards the end.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh okay. I've been seeing a few little twitches in her belly for the past couple days and this morning she had a bit of discharge so I'm guessing they're coming very soon. Her belly has seemed to drop a little and she keeps going to one of the nesting boxes. I put her favourite toy in there which kind of made her want to go in there. She's still very playful though, when the doors are open she runs from one room to another to another like no tomorrow. My male cat seems to notice a difference in her and he's constantly following her and licking her head and ears. I really hope he has no problems with the kittens once they're born
20180328_190112.jpg
20180328_190431.jpg
20180328_190515.jpg

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a week and a half no babies yet. We took her to the vets today and had an x-ray which showed 3 babies but possibly more. She's been getting discharge for quite a few days now, it doesn't have an odor or anything and when I brought it up with the vet he said it's probably the mucus plug which can come in 2 weeks before the birth. I trust my vets but I would still like to get your opinion on it to see if it's worrisome or not. The babies are moving like crazy and she's constantly cleaning herself. However i dont see any signs of active labour. Do you guys think it's soon and if so how soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Everything sounds normal to me - textbook normal. Discharge is very common in the pre-labor days.

The vet should have been able to tell the approximate gestational age of the kittens from the x-ray.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the vet said any day now but I wasn't too sure since last time I went they said she a had about a week left and it has been longer than that. I wanted to have a approximate date since I'm at home right now and I'm not as free next week as I am now so I'd prefer if I was home.
I did a lot of research including watching YouTube videos and I think she's very close so not to worry. I'm just really excited and I think I'm going crazy, i was up till 3am yesterday just finding references and being the most prepared I can.
Anyways I just want to say a big thank you to anyone who helped me and gave advice I really appreciate it and I don't think I would know what to do if it wasn't for this website and the wonderful people on it. This experience so far has been so humbling it's even made me think about fostering cats in the future.
I just cant wait till they're here!

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!
Zoe's in Labour!
She's given birth to one beautiful ginger baby so far and has started to have contractions. She's still cleaning off her first born.
She decided to ignore all the nests I made and instead gave birth on the bed

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Excellent! Hope things continue to go well. Did you put old towels down?

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well not really I came home to see her in one of the boxes I put out for her and jumped up on the bed and I saw the first baby hanging out. I tried to lay towels but I feel like I'm just coming in her way and she's getting annoyed. I will do until she calms down

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So now we're up to 5 babies
3 ginger/beige 112g, 119g and 125g
1 calico 97g
1 black and white 109g

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I can't believe she had 5 either plus she's such a tiny cat herself. The calico one was not latching for quite a bit so I did the honey trick and it worked! The only problem is that it's quite weak and the other kittens are pushing and nudging her from where she's feeding from so I don't think she's getting enough to drink. I think I still feel one more in there. The calico one looks more brown, would it be called a dilute calico
IMG-20180410-WA0004.jpeg

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep will do. I just need to find and buy a bottle or syringe first which I'll be doing today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure the weak one has time alone with mom. Put the little 'ball' of kittens to one side when they are full and sleeping and help the little one get a place by herself. She will get stronger if she gets enough to eat.

Seema

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you went out and got one not long ago