How Does Your Cat Wake You Up?

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know there is a series of 65 of those videos. Thanks for the laughs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just showed hubby and he was like: that's gracie !!!

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually it starts with little paddy paws walking across me and a little nose nudging my face and hands (or a nip). Then loudly purring in my ear (or inserting a whisker right up my nose). One time I ignored this and she sat on my face and her actual butthole touched my eyelid.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never realized how considerate of my rest that my cats are until I read this thread. :zzzcat: Over the years, I have had a few cases of licks or paw bats to the face, but most of the time, the worst I get is biscuit-making. I can sleep through that. :sleep2:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how Cucumella knows when it is 8 o'clock in the morning but she DOES know. She will try everything to wake me up, i.e butting on my head like a bull, licking my face wherever she can and / or hitting one of my cheeks with one paw making little throat noises throughout all her wakening performance. If her efforts don't succeed getting me up then she will lie on my chest chirping away until I do.

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't need an alarm clock our Komere every morning at six comes up to my face and meows in it if I try to ignore her I get head buts and kisses from her if I want a lie in at the weekend she gets put under the covers with us we are then joined by our other Mau Zeus one big happy family:winkcat:

elle.paco.cloey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kits are very polite and don't intentionally wake me up. They see me wake up when my alarm goes off, and then they come say good morning by purring by my face and sleeping by my head if I don't get up right away.
Sometimes, however, they unintentionally wake me up when my bed and body become obstacles on the kitten racetrack!
:kneading:

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cats here apart from the occasional face trample that I usually don't even feel due to hard I sleep when my insomnia will even let me sleep let me sleep and even sleep with me. But the instant I so much as sit up Silverheart is right over to me and singing the songs of her people for her morning can of food. She usually has to wait impatiently while I go about the business of getting myself up and doing my part of caring for the other animals here so she follows me around still singing the songs of her people which get very fervent when the can comes out of the cupboard. The sudden silence as she stuffs her face and goes back to her kittens is welcomed as her songs get quite loud.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kits are very polite and don't intentionally wake me up. They see me wake up when my alarm goes off, and then they come say good morning by purring by my face and sleeping by my head if I don't get up right away.
Sometimes, however, they unintentionally wake me up when my bed and body become obstacles on the kitten racetrack!
:kneading:
Pretty much the same here, except the "kittens" are over 12 pounds each - except for Julie, who only weighs 8 pounds. And no alarm clock.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's Saturday morning officially my lie in day after a busy week at work... But no Grace doesn't know (or care). I get woken up by her nibbling my toes.. So I move them under the quilt trying to hide them. I think I'm safe for a second , then she will start hooking them out with her paws .. This goes on consistency .. I try telling her: 'in a minute', 'it's saturday' and 'why don't you bite daddy's toes' (which she never does and he's happily sleeping next to me). She doesn't leave it and with no sound just keeps doing it until I get up, wash her bowls and put her food and fresh water out (she follows me every step of the way). Anyway whilst she's eating I think I might as well make myself a cup of tea. Walk back to the bed and guess what ? She's lying on my side of the bed ! Cheers love
:flail: :lol: :lol2:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Like this every day. There's only so long you can sleep with something purring directly into your nostrils. If that fails she licks the inside of my nose, or licks my eyelids, which wakes me up 100% immediately. It's infuriating, but the day it Doesn't happen will go down as one ofthe saddest of my life

:clap::hearthrob::redheartpump: :clap2::sleepycat::zzzcat::lovecat3::catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy sleeps right next to me most nights. Some mornings I can slip out of bed without her getting up, I hit the snooze, then sneak back in bed with her.:lol: She will sigh like she wants to sleep longer.:sleepycat:
Other mornings, she gets up on her own and walks around then comes back to bed.
If I'm not awake, she will put a gentle paw on my face and keep on doing it. Then I grab her and hug her and she usually flops down on my shoulder. It is honestly the best and most precious time of my day.:catrub::hearthrob:
:clap::hugs::redheartpump::hearthrob:

Indy's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Indy and now Hidey knew/know to not wake me up. Sometimes you gotta lay down the law. They both wait until I get up before demanding food or scratching at the door to get in.

KittySoCrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually have a strict rule about cats and bedrooms. It's not permitted. So, my kitty waits until I'm downstairs and then will full on attack my legs as I'm walking! It was cute and funny until I'd twisted my knee earlier this summer from her jumping on me. I'm still training her to stop doing it to me and everyone in the house.