How Does Your Cat Wake You Up?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls, Tarifa and Baby Su, are pretty mellow. But Elvis? Oh,no! He is likely to stomp across the bed, or fly over me, to get to the window if it's open, so he can lie in the windowsill and see what's going on out back. Late at night, though, he meows about the house. He makes SURE I know it. That's okay. I love him anyway! :zzzcat::zzzcat::cutecat:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I've made it clear to Freya that i don't like it when she wakes me up, so she's been doing less of it, but...

Initially she used to wake me up by biting ( Freya loves biting things, especially me, so it has been a long struggle teaching her to restrain her desire to bite...)

When i started to remove her from my bedroom and to block the cat flap so she couldn't get back in, she eventually stopped biting me ( We all have our limits, and being awakened by biting is not okay in my book :p )

She replaced that by being super sweet and cuddly till i woke up, and at some point she stopped that and now meows loudly in my ear to wake me.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls, Tarifa and Baby Su, are pretty mellow. But Elvis? Oh,no! He is likely to stomp across the bed, or fly over me, to get to the window if it's open, so he can lie in the windowsill and see what's going on out back. Late at night, though, he meows about the house. He makes SURE I know it. That's okay. I love him anyway! :zzzcat::zzzcat::cutecat:

LOL Elvis reminds me of Sammy. Sammy could be a bear when he was hungry. He'd start by coming up to me and saying "meow". If that didn't work (it never did) his meow would get louder and have more attitude. When he escalated to saying "MEOW-UH!!" I knew he was getting angry! Then he would start to charge the bed. He'd take a running jump and stomp as hard as he could over me and the bed and then jump off. He'd do that several times. His last resort, and he didn't do this but I guess about twice, was to pee on my leg through the bed covers. That got me up! I learned better after that!

houghj3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thermose has learned not too sleep on my body, I think I thrash around too much, she sits on the floor or the corners of the bed. If I leave the door closed, she will claw at the rug through a small opening under the door. If I wake up late past 11 PM for work she gets a little more aggressive both vocally and phisically by walking on me. Thermose gets fed as I leave for work, and that has become habit, so if I am late, I know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Elvis reminds me of Sammy. Sammy could be a bear when he was hungry. He'd start by coming up to me and saying "meow". If that didn't work (it never did) his meow would get louder and have more attitude. When he escalated to saying "MEOW-UH!!" I knew he was getting angry! Then he would start to charge the bed. He'd take a running jump and stomp as hard as he could over me and the bed and then jump off. He'd do that several times. His last resort, and he didn't do this but I guess about twice, was to pee on my leg through the bed covers. That got me up! I learned better after that!
Wow. Sammy meant BUSINESS! :devilcat:

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Lili used to tickle my face with her whiskers every morning. Then, she chose another method - finding something loud to play with. Sometimes she starts clawing or licking my feet (she loves sleeping at my feet) and one time in the morning, she stole one of the socks I wanted to wear that day. Since me and my bf ignore each of her methods, she gave up and she does not try to wake us up anymore.

deidrahall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my :running:that's one ornery cat :eek2:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two cats used to romp around, over, and under the bed until I got up. But since I'm retired, I never get up before 8 a.m. They've both mellowed out and let me sleep in now. When it really is time to get up, Mingo curls up near my head and purrs his heart out. I love waking up to purring fur in my face. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy sleeps right next to me most nights. Some mornings I can slip out of bed without her getting up, I hit the snooze, then sneak back in bed with her.:lol: She will sigh like she wants to sleep longer.:sleepycat:
Other mornings, she gets up on her own and walks around then comes back to bed.
If I'm not awake, she will put a gentle paw on my face and keep on doing it. Then I grab her and hug her and she usually flops down on my shoulder. It is honestly the best and most precious time of my day.:catrub::hearthrob:

chrisszy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

chrisszy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I have 4 cats now. When I got in this site I only had 2 they are kittens my keke just turned 1 and my kallie is 11 mos old. I also adopted 2 adult tabby cats 3 yr old female name bay bay and a 2yr adult male Philip. All 4 cats wake me up in there own way. Kallie sits next to my head, keke licks my face, Bay bay walks on top of me n purs & Philip goes in window behind my head.

ihave4cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats are used to me sleeping late, they never bother me or wake me up unless one accidentally steps on me.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky me ! Missy is a very patient cat; since I allowed her to sleep in my bed, she never woke me up by touching or making noise. She just observes me in complete silence. During the week she waits for the clock radio to wake us up (at 7.30am) and during the weekends or days off she waits when I'm ready to go. No pressure ! I like that:catrub: