How Does Your Cat Wake You Up?

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Taz wakes me with a head bump, followed up with some light cries for petting, ending with some loud purring. Then follows me to the shower so he can be the first to mark me with his scent when I get out.

KleptoKit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is surprisingly gentle most times lol. He will sort of caress my face with his paw until i open my eyes then he will start licking and giving me little love nips on the face. Then rarely he'll bite(not nip unfortunately) my ear until I stir.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nocturne first tries stepping on me, but if that doesn't work then she goes for biting my arm and either pinching it in her teeth or pulling on my arm hair. I just want to sleep Baby girl! Leave me alone! : )

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stepping on me, either my belly or my face. :crackup: If that doesn't work, then they proceed to jump and bounce the bed, and start knocking things off the shelves. In the end, they run the place, I'm just a staff member who is allowed room and board.:agree:

louche

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mostly poking and drooling. she's started headbutting, rubbing, and kneading a lot lately. she'll lick my feet, but if that is supposed to provoke me, it fails. cat licks are nice massages. addition/edit: honestly, the drooling used to bother me but none of what she does no longer phases me. unless she bears her weight on my front left rib.

Tornado Tammy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tammy The Tornado usually wakes me up at daybreak, meowing from inside the laundry (where she sleeps) and standing on her hind legs scratching at the sliding door into the loo!

She peeps out the side of the door when I go into the loo, which of course is the first thing I do, while she tries valiantly to open the sliding door with her wee paw, but without success, as I have a big heavy doorstop on it! I usually move the doorstop just before I open the door, but one day recently, still perched on the loo, I leaned over and moved it, just to see if she could get the slide to open. Too right she could!! I won't do that again, I wasn't quick enough, as she ran around the side of the loo and sprung right up behind me, and I got her claws in my bare behind! Ouch!! Bad enough already that I have to keep the loo roll in a canister with a lid on it! . I only have one loo in the house....pity about that!

TopCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little cat, "Pushkin" bats me gently on the head with a velvet paw, and makes little chirping noises, until I get the message!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huxley comes to my head and curls up right next to/on my nose and starts purring. Sometimes he gets close to my face and does this flopping thing and falls on my face. ;)
That's when he doesn't necessarily want to wake me, but rather just cuddle with me, but who doesn't wake up when a ball of fur falls on your face! When he really wants to wake me up, he comes right up to my face again and gently paws at my cheek or nose, or sits there, starts purring and stares at me till I wale up. This happens everyday at 5:30-5:45am without fault, little lovebug.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife recently told me greg jumped from tbe window sill on to her bladder....good morning!

Greg weighs
about 18 lbs.
20170422_090442.jpg

CheyWhiteWolf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten wakes me by grooming my face. I useualy wake to her purring and trying to groom my nose or chin. Uncomfurtabul, but prefered to her brothers method, who wakes my freinds sister by eather stareing at her intently or clawing her.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix wakes me up. Smokey is too nervous to because she knows I don't like being woken up so she waits patiently for me to get up before bugging me for food.

Felix will pounce on my pillow or jump on it. Sometimes he chews my toes or my fingers. One time, I slept on my stomach and he bit my rear end. Definitely got up after that.

sparrowhawk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sam licks the bold spot on the top of my head...no hair equals no protection, but my scalp is still obviously very sensitive to the sandpaper! He licks my HAIR when I'm awake, but my bald spot to get me awake. But he likes to pretend he didn't do anything. The instant I stir he jumps off the bed and runs out of the room and then slowly saunters in, stretches and looks up to me before going, "meow?" like, "Oh, you're awake? What a coincidence, I was just checking."

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Taz wakes me with a head bump, followed up with some light cries for petting, ending with some loud purring. Then follows me to the shower so he can be the first to mark me with his scent when I get out.
Yeah, I get the post-bath marking, too. There is nothing like having several hairy Ladies rubbing against your clean, wet legs when you are trying to dry off.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I get the post-bath marking, too. There is nothing like having several hairy Ladies rubbing against your clean, wet legs when you are trying to dry off.
Reminds me of my cats and almost every cat I encounter. I have very sensitive skin so lotion is a no no. I use oil instead. Olive oil to be exact. It has to be reapplied several times because Smokey and Felix feel the need to lick it all off and then rub off any residue. :lol:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reminds me of my cats and almost every cat I encounter. I have very sensitive skin so lotion is a no no. I use oil instead. Olive oil to be exact. It has to be reapplied several times because Smokey and Felix feel the need to lick it all off and then rub off any residue. :lol:
Well, I use lavender bubble bath, and also lavender and orchid fabric softener, and The Ladies love the smell.

MJO12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TomTom wakes me up in the middle of the night when he wants a snack. The cat food is already out for him, but he wants me to talk to him and stroke him while he snacks. I know. He is a spoiled cat and it is my fault. He wakes me up by meowing. He jumps on the nightstand and stares at me if I try to ignore him and go back to sleep. I can feel him staring at me, so I get up. It's a quick snack, and we're both back to bed for the rest of the night.