How Does Your Cat Wake You Up?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's Saturday morning officially my lie in day after a busy week at work... But no Grace doesn't know (or care). I get woken up by her nibbling my toes.. So I move them under the quilt trying to hide them. I think I'm safe for a second , then she will start hooking them out with her paws .. This goes on consistency .. I try telling her: 'in a minute', 'it's saturday' and 'why don't you bite daddy's toes' (which she never does and he's happily sleeping next to me). She doesn't leave it and with no sound just keeps doing it until I get up, wash her bowls and put her food and fresh water out (she follows me every step of the way). Anyway whilst she's eating I think I might as well make myself a cup of tea. Walk back to the bed and guess what ? She's lying on my side of the bed ! Cheers love

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes she bites my nose. Once she licked my ear. But yesterday it was so hot that I slept outside of the covers. She attacked and bit my butt. I wasn't happy. But then she came up to my face and started purring. I can't stay mad when she does that.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
January will sit at the door and meow to wake me up so that he can get out of the room. If I don't get up in time, he'll hop on the bed and lick me and if I still don't get up, he'll chew on me head :lol:

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasmine employs a number of tactics, including:

She finds something like a plastic bag to repeatedly paw at until I get up

She finds something to knock over that is loud enough to startle me

She licks the inside of my ear.

Lydia sits on the nightstand and stares at me a few inches from my face.

It's a good thing their cute ! ;)

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A little something to help us keep it all in perspective. Stop for a moment and imagine what life would be like if the cat burglar came in and stole our cats in the middle of the night, and we wake up to the morning and they are not there. Listen to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World.

My little guy use to come in and walk across my bed and pillow to get me up early A.M. He would get me to wake up, but when he couldn't get me to arise, he would lay on the pillow next to my head sending me back to sleep, where I snooze past the alarms and I'm late getting up.

Currently doing a long introduction of another adult cat, so my bedroom is in the "neutral zone" where neither are allowed at this time. :livid:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Farrell the feral isn't really comfortable on me, but I put her on my chest/stomach after I get in bed. After 3-4 strokes/pets she gets off me. But....

Some time in the dark of night I awake to the motorous sound of purring right before she slinks/slides slowly across my neck and plops her body down firmly on my mouth. (I think perhaps she is letting me know I snore.) I'll move her to my chest/stomach and she licks me on the chin, neck and mouth. If I keep petting her, she gets uncomfortable and moves away again.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I shut my door and keep her out because she attacks me and my dog Bosco all night long. And in the summer I have to have the door shut for my air conditioner, but other times when she decides to lay down and sleep then I let her stay. But she actually never has once woken me up.
I actually woke her up on accident. I was half asleep still waking up and kept bumping her with my leg, and she meowed at me. I didn't even know she was sleeping there. None of my pets ever wake me up. They may prevent me from falling asleep in the first place , but they don't wake me up.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gato has employed a number of tactics over the years, always to wake me up for his breakfast at around 3 or 4 in the morning. At first he was a lot more aggressive, and he would scratch or bite to wake me up. He even once scratched me in the eye!

Fortunately, he has mellowed out and now he will either gently paw me in the hand or just sit in the nightstand and stare at me. If I take too long getting up (it's three in the morning!!! :sleep: ) he'll go to the kitchen and knock over whatever he can find to make some noise. Someone get him his breakfast, pronto!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ned jumps up on my bed and bonks my head. I didn't mean to rhyme but that's what he does. Or he just stares at me until I open my eyes and look at him, then he wants to bonk something either my hand or my head. Harry sometimes grooms my hairline at my neck. He'll sit on my pillow and groom and groom and groom. Now I see why when cats groom each other, the one being groomed has to be rude to the groomer to make him quit! Otherwise they won't stop. Honey gives me kisses and snuggles.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like this every day. There's only so long you can sleep with something purring directly into your nostrils. If that fails she licks the inside of my nose, or licks my eyelids, which wakes me up 100% immediately. It's infuriating, but the day it Doesn't happen will go down as one ofthe saddest of my life

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well it's Saturday morning officially my lie in day after a busy week at work... But no Grace doesn't know (or care). I get woken up by her nibbling my toes.. So I move them under the quilt trying to hide them. I think I'm safe for a second , then she will start hooking them out with her paws .. This goes on consistency .. I try telling her: 'in a minute', 'it's saturday' and 'why don't you bite daddy's toes' (which she never does and he's happily sleeping next to me). She doesn't leave it and with no sound just keeps doing it until I get up, wash her bowls and put her food and fresh water out (she follows me every step of the way). Anyway whilst she's eating I think I might as well make myself a cup of tea. Walk back to the bed and guess what ? She's lying on my side of the bed ! Cheers love
She has you well trained.
I wear mine out, they need way more sleep than I do. Two of them have figured out what nap time is though. It's not a particular time as such, but more a few yawns and I pick up the I pad (an alarm timer) and head for the bed. They run ahead of me and jump on the bed and flip on their backs as if to say, yeah, good idea, nap. So I take a 20 minute nap, reset myself and leave. Two hours later they are still crashed out.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link yells. Then leaves the room grabs a toy and yells with it in his mouth. Then leaves and comes back to yell some more. Sometimes he jumps on the bed to drop the toy on your face. Thing is he does it at 1am so he gets ignored.

Rocket knocks on things. She stands on her hind legs and leans into any nearby door. Effectively knocking on the door until it wakes someone up. That would be around 5am though because she sleeps soundly through the night.... unlike someone.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, I'm getting a kick out of this thread! I too have learned that there is no snooze button on a cat, and so petting the kitty on the head, hoping he or she will be satisfied and go sit down, only makes the purring worse. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little something to help us keep it all in perspective. Stop for a moment and imagine what life would be like if the cat burglar came in and stole our cats in the middle of the night, and we wake up to the morning and they are not there. Listen to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World.

My little guy use to come in and walk across my bed and pillow to get me up early A.M. He would get me to wake up, but when he couldn't get me to arise, he would lay on the pillow next to my head sending me back to sleep, where I snooze past the alarms and I'm late getting up.

Currently doing a long introduction of another adult cat, so my bedroom is in the "neutral zone" where neither are allowed at this time. :livid:
Just love your post. How well I know. And of course, I love that track, too. :lovecat4:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Link yells. Then leaves the room grabs a toy and yells with it in his mouth. Then leaves and comes back to yell some more. Sometimes he jumps on the bed to drop the toy on your face. Thing is he does it at 1am so he gets ignored.

Rocket knocks on things. She stands on her hind legs and leans into any nearby door. Effectively knocking on the door until it wakes someone up. That would be around 5am though because she sleeps soundly through the night.... unlike someone.
Link is letting you know what a lousy hunter you are. He's showing you how to do it right. :kneading: