How do your cats react to bugs?

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, mine all enjoy hunting bugs, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about if Milo doesn't - I don't blame him, bugs scare me, too!

misskitty4088

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fluffy loves bugs, especially flies. She tries to climb the walls to get to them. She catches them in her front paws and sits upright on her back legs to eat them. It's cute but really gross.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

If it flutters, twitches, scurries, scampers, creeps, crawls, etc., then it is chased. in my household.
Same here, except Ricky will bring it and drop it on me ICK!!!!
Ive will tear up everything until he can find it..

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mitts is our cockroack control board! This place is subtropical and there is no escaping the roach (and they grow HUGE and fly
)

He loves to play, attack, and nibble. But he never finishes off the thing!

catgal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine go nuts when they see a bug...if it flies, they jump on the walls, on the table, on the counter, off the furniture just trying to catch it...if it crawls, they tap and toss it until it's dead...if I'm there to witness it all, I take it away from them because most of the time they eat it.
Yuck!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Reading about all of these adventures with bugs reminds me of my dear Petunia. She loved to hunt bugs. We had a huge invasion of miller moths one year and every morning, there were these grey streaks down the wall.

She didn't like ants though. Came home one day to see her watching a line of ants walking across the living room. She didn't touch a one of them.

The funniest thing she ever did was to catch a spider. It must have tickled her so she shook her paw and the spider went straight down the heat vent. She had the cutest, most confused look on her face
. Kept checking the vent for the next couple of days looking for that spider.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lilo
s them. She will either eat them or just play with them till they die.

Garfield ALWAYS eats them!!
Except flies!! I dont know what it is about flies but he will only kill them and leave them for me to discard.

Now the kittens, (Spicey,Spot & Dot, Petals, Chance, Nina) take after uncle Garfield already.
They will eat any bug killed.
(They are 6 weeks old today)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe I got so many great responses!!

Well I've confirmed that Pixie is still a bug eater extraordinaire. There was a little gnat flying around yesterday. Very, very annoying of course. Well all of a sudden it was gone and I see Pix kinda shaking her head like something was bothering her. Well I guess that little gnat didn't taste quite as good as she thought it would, lol. I looked at her and asked her if she ate the buggy and she licked her paw
and let out a huge meow.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Boris the other day, looking at something VERY intently outside the window. Well, it turned out to be a large toad in the driveway. Had I took him out on his leash and harness, he would have had a nice toad snack

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I saw Boris the other day, looking at something VERY intently outside the window. Well, it turned out to be a large toad in the driveway. Had I took him out on his leash and harness, he would have had a nice toad snack
THAT would have been messy.