How do you accept?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

That is so cool.  What I remember about that show is her laugh.  I don't remember seeing all the episodes, so will check them out if online.  Some of those older sitcoms....are so much funnier than the new ones.
I remember Fresh Prince, Golden Girls, Three's Company, and its so cool that you can watch them on online, or dvd's now.  whenever you want.
I get Netflix. You can get thousands of shows and movies for 7.99 a month. A friend thought it was a good idea to get comedies to help me through my grief. I like Golden Girls, Fresh Prince, Family Matters and MASH too.
Oh yeah, a friend of mine has Netflix, but I thought it was only for movies....did not know about the t.v. shows.

so I will check it out.

Which show was Family Matters?....I mean what was it about?  My sister watched Family Ties....but that is probably different.

Does Netflix give you unlimited t.v. shows, per month....or do you have to pay for each show?  like a rental?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, a friend of mine has Netflix, but I thought it was only for movies....did not know about the t.v. shows.
so I will check it out.

Which show was Family Matters?....I mean what was it about?  My sister watched Family Ties....but that is probably different.

Does Netflix give you unlimited t.v. shows, per month....or do you have to pay for each show?  like a rental?

Netflix rate of 7.99 includes one DVD at a time. As soon as you send one back they mail another one if you have more in queue. It takes a couple of days to get another. For a few dollars more a month you get two at a time. They pay for the mailing. It's a monthly membership. Family Matters is the one with Steve Urkel.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Netflix rate of 7.99 includes one DVD at a time. As soon as you send one back they mail another one if you have more in queue. It takes a couple of days to get another. For a few dollars more a month you get two at a time. They pay for the mailing. It's a monthly membership. Family Matters is the one with Steve Urkel.
Thanks  @angels4mom    ...yeah, I remember Steve Urkel.....the guy with suspenders and glasses.  Hilarious.

Thanks for that other info on netflix, too. and I hope you are having a good weekend.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous fur babes.  I hope they have lots of purrs and cuddles for you.  :hugs:
Holly cuddles but still seems to look for Cocoa when we play. Mandie isn't doing well. He was such a bundle of joy and energy. He was a little sunshine. Pounced on his sisters and motivated them. He even cuddled with Mandie at times. Why would God bring a little angel into our lives, light up our lives then take him so soon?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Holly cuddles but still seems to look for Cocoa when we play. Mandie isn't doing well. He was such a bundle of joy and energy. He was a little sunshine. Pounced on his sisters and motivated them. He even cuddled with Mandie at times. Why would God bring a little angel into our lives, light up our lives then take him so soon?
Wow, that is such a difficult question to answer.  Maybe he was just needed elsewhere.  Maybe that "lighting up our lives"  was supposed to be short.....because some people don't even get that short time in their lives.

Maybe we were lucky, to even get that "little time" with these cats.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
.......... Why would God bring a little angel into our lives, light up our lives then take him so soon?
I can't imagine we will ever know the answer to this question while we are on this earth, but I always felt that the shortest lives were the most precious and left the deepest memories, and in some strange way those precious beings were needed by others more.  For me the task has been to make the most of my life using the gifts those I have lost gave to me - as they would have wanted me to.  It's never felt fair, or easy, but it givse a positive purpose to go forwards - as a tribute to them.   None of us is here for ever but it is painful when we loose those closest to us to find a new meaning and purpose.  

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why would God bring a little angel into our lives, light up our lives then take him so soon?
Do you mind me asking how old Cocoa was when he passed?
Does Netflix give you unlimited t.v. shows, per month....or do you have to pay for each show? 
There are different plans. You can have 1 DVD out at a time or 2 DVDs out at a time. (Maybe even 3?) The great thing though is if you choose the DVD and streaming plan, you can stream as many TV shows and movies as you want. There is no monthly limit on the number of movies or shows you can stream. You can even choose the streaming only plan if you don't want to deal with DVDs.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you mind me asking how old Cocoa was when he passed?

There are different plans. You can have 1 DVD out at a time or 2 DVDs out at a time. (Maybe even 3?) The great thing though is if you choose the DVD and streaming plan, you can stream as many TV shows and movies as you want. There is no monthly limit on the number of movies or shows you can stream. You can even choose the streaming only plan if you don't want to deal with DVDs.

Cocoa was 1 year old.

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

so I will check it out.

try watch-tvseries.net--- highly rec-commended. safe(but don't update any media here just to be totally safe) easy and totally free. No pun intended but it's time 4 me to watch a little Six Feet Under now.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow's the day I bury Cocoa. My friend will open the box the vet put him in so I can put a blanket in with him. We're best friends for over 35 years. We'll spend the day together. This isn't good bye to my little man. He'll remain in my heart and life forever. Strange, today is 11 years since mom died.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow may be hard @angels4mom    but its good your friend will be there, and also its true.....the cats and people we lost are never far from us,  we just cannot see them,  or touch them....is all.  They are all off to another journey.   If we live good lives here, then, for sure we will see them.  Sending you encouragement and strength.  And prayers for you.  Your mom's in heaven,  and just wanting you to be strong and okay.

@Primula.....the cat Cocoa's body....is maintained by ice...frozen....so opening a box would not be upsetting. The ground outside was frozen until now, so the burial had to wait.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Primula.....the cat Cocoa's body....is maintained by ice...frozen....so opening a box would not be upsetting. The ground outside was frozen until now, so the burial had to wait.
It would be very upsetting to me. I definitely could not do it.

Last edited:

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It would be very upsetting to me. I definitely could not do it.

I'm not going to see him. My friend will take him out, turn away while I put the blanket in. I told her I don't want this to be the last image I have of him. I won't get it out of my head. She'll cover him completely before she closes the box. We had a very cold, snowy and icy winter. The ground was too frozen and had feet of snow on it. He couldnt be buried. I don't like cremation so I've kept him frozen until this moment. We were going to do it a couple or so weeks ago but her grand baby was just born so we had to postpone. All that's in the freezer is him and bottles full of water to keep him.

Last edited: