Weird toy selections

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Dax LOVES to play with q-tips. She will bat one around for hours and when she was a younger kitten(she's 1.5 now but I still consider it kitten stage especially with her energy levels still so high) she used to get upset when I threw used ones out. I had to train her not to fetch them out of the trash can...

Does anyone else have a cat that likes unusual toys?

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of fir trees here and their little brown pollen cones are everywhere right now. My cats are indoor but since there’s so many of them a few will often make their way inside on my clothes and shoes. Moose goes absolutely bonkers over them for some reason, I’m constantly catching him playing with them and throwing them away lol.

Attachments

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that did not like any purchased cat toy. He had a ton of cat toys.
He liked crumbled tin foil or paper, shoe laces, curtain ties, paper bags, boxes and craft pipe cleaners. Of course, a lot of that stuff you couldn't leave him alone with.Oh he also liked chewing wires so that was a problem that we needed to stay on top of.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My contact lenses come in little plastic holders. I have to hurry and put them in my eyes in the morning because one of my cats will run off with them! I can even run the sink water full blast and she will fish them out of the water and dash away. Cats love non-toy toys! It can be fun to come up with them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She likes to shred the mail...so I can't leave any unopened mail laying around or it will be all over the floor in my office(where her cat tree is).