How can you tell when your cat is relaxed?--Post your pictures here

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I love Elvis. Such a perfect name for a cat... big boy, big personality. 😅

Edit: Willy is a little boy with a big personality 😅
I adopted Elvis age 9 from his dad, whose fiancee is "severely allergic" -- my gain, their loss. His dad asked me if I was planning on changing his name. My answer? "His name is Elvis!" He told me Elvis is "a character." He's absolutely right!
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG

Elvis closeup; Elvis getting toasted on Cloud Nine Silvervine :lolup: :loveeyes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this red coloring rare among cats? I'm seriously asking.

My late brother died in 2009 and he had red hair. Willy randomly showed up right after with the same shade of red hair. I don't believe in spiritual stuff but my family took note of this.
Whether you do or don't, red hair or fur is gorgeous, don't you agree? I've always been attracted to those shades, the deeper auburn being my favorite.
Over my multicat life, there has been Nicolas, who was yellow, pink, red, beige, or creamsicle, according to different descriptions; Ravi, who was a pretty "normal" orange tabby boy, and Rojita, who was a pretty deep red with white. Orange is a pretty common color for cats, and most are male, but there are females (like my Rojita angel).

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whether you do or don't, red hair or fur is gorgeous, don't you agree? I've always been attracted to those shades, the deeper auburn being my favorite.
Over my multicat life, there has been Nicolas, who was yellow, pink, red, beige, or creamsicle, according to different descriptions; Ravi, who was a pretty "normal" orange tabby boy, and Rojita, who was a pretty deep red with white. Orange is a pretty common color for cats, and most are male, but there are females (like my Rojita angel).
Thanks. My brother's name was Sam, and he was only 23 when he died. He was a severe alcoholic so he died from drinking too much.

The color resemblance I know was random. But it's hard not to look over.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. My brother's name was Sam, and he was only 23 when he died. He was a severe alcoholic so he died from drinking too much.

The color resemblance I know was random. But it's hard not to look over.
The love of my life passed at 31. I'm not sure the cause; we hadn't seen each other for years. He didn't have red hair. One of his friends did, though, and I always loved that color.
I'm so sorry about your brother. Alcohol to me is the worst drug of all.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your brother. Alcohol to me is the worst drug of all.
Sorry about your loss, too. And yes, alcohol is the absolute worst for anybody to quit. It's everywhere in life, and there is no escaping it.

I've struggled with it myself and continue to do so. I am currently 100% sober from all drugs and alcohol which was hard to accomplish, and continues to be hard to maintain.

I know this is off-topic, I don't mean to derail this thread.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback Looks like a very lovely jumper and a soft, comfy bed for lovely Daisy!
cmshap cmshap Big props to you for getting free of them! The wonderful thing about it, too, is not only that you're free of them, but once you get free and stay free, you realize that you never again have to be enslaved to weakness and substances. It's very empowering.
Thank you for your kind thought. Yes, he was an alcoholic to the falling down DTs level. It was extremely painful for me to see and know this was happening, and he was doing it because the girl he loved -- not me -- dumped him. That's a terrible way to self-destruct.
Much better to think about relaxed cats, yes?
IMG_1988.JPG

I'd say Elvis is VERY relaxed here. His smile gives it away. :redheartpump: :lolup:

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_7662.jpeg

Bellatrix LeGray is a walflower of a kitty. She grew up in an angry loud home (thanks dad). So she never truly relaxed unless he was asleep. Even then she was on alert for my mom or her brother.
When I moved out two years ago, I took her with me. This was the first time seeing her so chill. About 2 hours after I had moved in she jumped on the bed and just flopped.

IMG_7283.jpeg

Now Lizzy will just flop down and do cat yoga especially on the bed. And she is very fond of rolling on rocks and in dust