Hi

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My name is mighty orange. I have a purebred chocolate Thai Suphalak named Spotty. He's still a bit shy but I got a pic.
spotty.jpg

The Suphalak is a very intelligent and playful breed originating in Thailand. The breed is fairly rare; in 2015 when the breed was brought over to the US, there were only 10 Suphalaks in the entire world! By nature, Suphalaks bond to their humans very quickly and do not like to be left alone for long periods of time. They tend to be somewhat dog like and will love to play fetch with you.

I also picked up Spotty's bounded sister Peanut Butter.

Peanut butter.jpg

Peanut Butter’s dad is Arun (the originator of the Suphalak breed in the US) and her mom was a Khao Manee. That resulted in Peanut Butter - a very unique and petite little orange Thai house cat.

I have been a cat owner since the age of 13. I have never seen cats jump from the floor to the upper shelf of a closet. These two do it with no problem.

Here they are together.
Peanut butter and spotty.jpg

Have a good day

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A very warm welcome to you, Spotty and Peanut Butter! What lovely cats they are! I'm really going to enjoy doing research on the Suphalak and on the Khao Manee!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is mighty orange. I have a purebred chocolate Thai Suphalak named Spotty. He's still a bit shy but I got a pic.
View attachment 416478
The Suphalak is a very intelligent and playful breed originating in Thailand. The breed is fairly rare; in 2015 when the breed was brought over to the US, there were only 10 Suphalaks in the entire world! By nature, Suphalaks bond to their humans very quickly and do not like to be left alone for long periods of time. They tend to be somewhat dog like and will love to play fetch with you.

I also picked up Spotty's bounded sister Peanut Butter.

View attachment 416479

Peanut Butter’s dad is Arun (the originator of the Suphalak breed in the US) and her mom was a Khao Manee. That resulted in Peanut Butter - a very unique and petite little orange Thai house cat.

I have been a cat owner since the age of 13. I have never seen cats jump from the floor to the upper shelf of a closet. These two do it with no problem.

Here they are together.
View attachment 416480

Have a good day
Thailand cat show Chocolate Suphalak wins.
A interesting breed. How did you find out about this rare cat? I did a Google search and very little was mentioned. Has this breed been accepted by the 3 cat associations (CFA, ACFA & TICA) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your beautiful kitties. Love the pictures of your two cuties.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Both your kitties are beautiful. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a882493d2ef6a47ffb091a7c38d81ff2.jpg
Mighty Orange, Spotty and Peanut Butter, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Spotty and Peanut Butter are lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of them and we have special threads her just for them here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and black-cats-only.268663 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A interesting breed. How did you find out about this rare cat? I did a Google search and very little was mentioned. Has this breed been accepted by the 3 cat associations (CFA, ACFA & TICA) ?
Timba I think right now they are more concerned with keeping the various bloodlines alive. The Timba explains it. I found them at Pet Smart. The local breeder put them up for adoption at 5 years.

Alexis244

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
We actually adopted Arun early last year! He's enjoying the retired life and loves, loves trying to get your attention through headbutts. He also likes trying to steal chicken nuggets. I tried originally replying to your post but I guess I just posted it to my page instead!