Help with pregnant kitty

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
EMERGENCY! (possibly) the kittens just got fixed today and those are just jumped into my bath water what do I do now do I need to take him to a vet or just watch make sure that nothing start getting bad back there? Please help!
You can surely wait and see. Do observe closely, of course, but it shoulndt not be too touchy, especially not with males.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank u. I freaked, my mom told me call a 24 hr vet (I forget about those) and they said watch it til Monday and get him dry (he pretty well is now). He better be alright. Gave me the scare of a lifetime though on two accounts! On a good note they all feel really well, ate like pigs, played like crazy and apparently both dozer and screech learned to jump really high while they were gone! These guys r a trip, and going to make me nuts before long! They go back at 12 weeks to get their rabies shot and then my brother is taking screech and Pete and I am not sure what I am doing with dozer yet.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, everyone got fixed today. They were all of weight and they assured me it would be no complication bcz of his defects

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great! [emoji]128077[/emoji] How is Bob doing since he was neuteref? Is he okay?

Last edited:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I think they gave him and everyone else more energy. He's been flying around the house since he's been here. They actually all have. I'm leaving his diaper off for a few days to make sure nothing gets into his incisions. They actually aren't that big, so I figure they will be healed pretty quickly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Males heal very quickly. It shouldn't be a problem at all. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone is doing well. Bob hasn't pooped yet, so I gave him a little of his miralax stuff just in case the med they gave him yesterday interacts with the drops. Fingers crossed we poop by the end of the day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully he will. He may be a little dehydrated from the anesthesia.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well every single one of these kittens are happy, healthy and driving me nuts lol! They r adorable and I love them all though! Dozer follows me, he hopped in the dryer when I was trying to do my laundry. (My problem child) I finally had to shut him out. Him and Bob woke me up fighting on my head while Pete and screech were running around my legs. Is it bad I'm thinking of keeping dozer since everyone seems to love him and I want Bob to have a friend his size? Haven't fully decided but I'm really leaning toward it. Bob is going to have to go get a fecal test and I'll get him a ua as well (just in case). He always has blood in his stool, and I read it is likely from his intestine or rectum bcz it is bright red. Probably just bcz I have to make him but I'll get one in the next few weeks to be sure. Merlin is constantly cleaning dozer and then he plays with him. It's so funny watching an 11 lb cat grab ahold of a less than 3 lbs kitten lol. He's always nice to him though. O, moo moo is constantly in my face when I have food, and fix for that? I move her, put my hand in her face and make her back away from it, tried scooting her away ect. I know she isn't starving, so idk if it's bcz that's what she had to do before or what!? It's making me crazy! I've caught her eating the dog food and one of the kittens. They always have food. The kittens r getting bad about it too, especially dozer. How do I make it stop?!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What cute kitten pictures! Be careful opening the drawers with kittens in them. It's easy for a neck to get broken.

I think you should definitely keep Dozer as a buddy for Bob. It will make life easier for all.

Bob probably has blood from irritation due to his situation.

Mama may not be starving, but is she hungry? She still needs extra food if she's nursing. Otherwise, the only solution is to feed everyone separately.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's got constant food. That's what I don't get. I give treats like once a day to the whole brigade, every few days I let them all have canned, and there r always 4 bowls of food and 4 of water in the house that never go completely empty. She actually stole something (I think a potato) off my plate awhile ago and have it to the babies. That's when I first really noticed it, and it has been getting worse since.

I was mortified after I found the kittens for that exact reason! I had no idea they were in there and that's all I could think is I could've killed them! Then I got tickled bcz they all looked like hey, who turned the light on!
I am not freaking about the blood bcz that's what I'm thinking is its just going to happen. When I take them to get chipped I'll grab a fecal test for him and send it off. He's had real poop and it's been coming out on its own so I'm not giving him and meds or miralax. I think his little body needs a break to not get some harm from it. He either pushed or something some poo out on his own this morning. Granted it was after I squeezed a lot out of him, but it was still exciting lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If mom is stealing food to give her babies then she is acting on instinct. Cats in the wild catch and kill food for their young and bring it to them.

Are you able to give them all wet food daily? The kittens really need it. I think mom must need it too.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can if they need it. I try not to bcz mama kitty they say needs hard bcz of gingivitis. I will just give it to everyone once a day until she's done nursing at least. Bob gets daily but it's an ordeal usually trying to keep everyone out of it. I don't think once a day for awhile will hurt mama, and she has to get a teeth cleaning soon anyway.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can if they need it. I try not to bcz mama kitty they say needs hard bcz of gingivitis. I will just give it to everyone once a day until she's done nursing at least. Bob gets daily but it's an ordeal usually trying to keep everyone out of it. I don't think once a day for awhile will hurt mama, and she has to get a teeth cleaning soon anyway.
Hard food helping to clean teeth is a myth. Wet food is very good for them!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut all I know is that's what the vet told me is to not give her wet often bcz it makes it worse. She isn't that old, so she needs her teeth for another 18 years (more if I have my way). Y would 2 vets tell me that if it weren't in some way true? If I can get them to everyone is going raw in the next year to help with everything since they r meat eaters anyway.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut all I know is that's what the vet told me is to not give her wet often bcz it makes it worse. She isn't that old, so she needs her teeth for another 18 years (more if I have my way). Y would 2 vets tell me that if it weren't in some way true? If I can get them to everyone is going raw in the next year to help with everything since they r meat eaters anyway.
It's an outdated way of thinking; cats don't really chew their food at all. Their teeth are made to tear meat.

Dentals at the vet do clean, and so do brushings that you can do.

Please feed the wet food or the raw in addition. Moisture is very important.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am at my wits end with moo moo today! She was everywhere yesterday, she even got a paw closed in a cabinet on accident. Idk what she wants but she followed me around everywhere and was yelling at me. I gave her food (both hard and soft) treats, fresh water, cleaned all the litter boxes. I even took all the hard food out and gave her wet to see if that helped. She wouldn't leave me alone, and this morning she drank my chocolate milk when I turned my head (thank god I caught her quickly) and she wouldn't stop trying to eat my food. It is crazy! I tried filling bowls with 3 different foods, and she eats a little of each bowl and then went and stole the dogs food. What is wrong with her? Merlin used to steal food, but not like this, and he hasn't done it in quite a long time. Is there something I'm not giving her or is she just crazy?! I love her but seriously she's got to stop!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something has to give with moo moo! She's making me nuts! She followed me around like she wanted something all day yesterday yelling at me and then she even got her foot in the back of a cabinet when I was getting a pan! (I felt terrible) she had dry food, wet food, treats. I even took all the food out and put 3 different types of food in different bowls. He ate a bit of each and ran over to eat the dogs food when I refilled it. She's crazy and she's making me crazy! She drank my chocolate milk this morning when I turned my head (thank god it wasn't much) and she wouldn't leave me alone for my food. What is wrong with her?! Merlin stole food the first 2 weeks he was here but he stopped that long ago and he wasn't constantly in my food! Does she need something or is she just nuts!? Can I feed her canned dog food? She seems to really want that and I let her eat some of it while I mix it for the dogs but the dogs want their food too!