Help! Healthy Himalayan In Danger Of Euthanasia In Quebec

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind you are more than welcome to post in the various threads asking any questions (or sharing your own knowledge).

We are here to help with Chanelle as much as we can!

Do you plan to try and get her to get along with your 2 resident cats or just keep them divided until that Reddit person comes? Keep in mind that foster fails exist (where you foster a cat and decide to adopt them yourselves).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Only just got in with our new bundle. Here's a preview:

I didn't get a chance to properly clean up my music room before driving out to pick up Chanelle, so please don't worry about the cords and everything, they'll be out of the way :)
Thank you so much for the update!! She seems like a sweetie pie.

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind you are more than welcome to post in the various threads asking any questions (or sharing your own knowledge).

We are here to help with Chanelle as much as we can!

Do you plan to try and get her to get along with your 2 resident cats or just keep them divided until that Reddit person comes? Keep in mind that foster fails exist (where you foster a cat and decide to adopt them yourselves).
Chanelle is a little confused so I'm going to keep them apart for a day or two, maybe try to introduce them once she's feeling a bit more bold :)

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Chanelle is a little confused so I'm going to keep them apart for a day or two, maybe try to introduce them once she's feeling a bit more bold :)
Oh of course, no need to rush it.

Here is an article about introducing cats:

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

I think I am going to finally go to sleep now (for real this time) my head is on fire from lack of sleep. I’ll check in tomorrow morning asap :)!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone! Mini video update:
Good morning (afternoon already lol)! They look so floofy and cuddly!

Yeah, we were talking about all of her health concerns earlier in this thread and most of them are probably just from neglect/stress.

I have sent you $350 to cover her fee and vet visit. It was mentioned earlier I should keep some in case I need to eventually come get her.

Proof of money sent:

Please let me know when you've received it.

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning (afternoon already lol)! They look so floofy and cuddly!

Yeah, we were talking about all of her health concerns earlier in this thread and most of them are probably just from neglect/stress.

I have sent you $350 to cover her fee and vet visit. It was mentioned earlier I should keep some in case I need to eventually come get her.

Proof of money sent:

Please let me know when you've received it.
Confirmed! I've received $350 :)

Yeah, I'm wondering about these supposed issues... Obviously I'm going to monitor her (and take her to the vet next week), but I really have this hunch that the owner didn't really care to treat Chanelle properly.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
So, we were hoping for some input from everyone; with the vet papers that were given with Chanelle ( sjpennytoum sjpennytoum asked me to post the pic as when she does it, it’s upside down) it seems that the seller had 2 cats recently. Our thoughts are that she gets rid of cats once they get slightly older...

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally have never reported someone, what is the process? Call them, say your thoughts and provide proof?
I took screenshots of the Kijiji ad, plus I have the vaccination records for Chanelle and the two other cats. I have her full name, address and contact information (but there was a For Sale sign outside her house, so...)

I'll be contacting a vet friend of mine to get her input about reporting someone.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I took screenshots of the Kijiji ad, plus I have the vaccination records for Chanelle and the two other cats. I have her full name, address and contact information (but there was a For Sale sign outside her house, so...)

I'll be contacting a vet friend of mine to get her input about reporting someone.
She also had her couches up for sale on Kijiji, so that lines up with the moving thing.

Did she also tell you her sister was a vet or vet tech?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's not a bad start, at all!

I will sleep much better tonight having seen those clips. She is exactly where she needs to be, at least for now.

Someone who gets rid of cats cavalierly like that shouldn't be allowed to have anymore of them.
I couldn't agree more. This is the thing with cute itty bitty kittens...THEY ALL BECOME CATS! And if one is not prepared to make a commitment to "forever," one should get a stuffed animal and be done with it. I love kittens, but cats...adult cats...add a dimension of elegance, mystery, and subtlety to life that I just relish.

Welcome to TCS, sjpennytoum sjpennytoum ! You're our hero of the day! You and FelisCatus FelisCatus make one heck of a team!