Help! Healthy Himalayan In Danger Of Euthanasia In Quebec

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to wonder if anyone has played with Chanelle since she outgrew her kitten stage? She just seems so...happy...to have a toy, and someone paying attention to her. This cat breaks my heart. We have the Temporary Happy Ending, now we just need the perfect Forever Home for her.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I spoke to sjpennytoum sjpennytoum recently and I am glad to say for the most part Chanelle has a clean bill of health! The one problem the vet noticed was slight dehydration. Considering Chanelle has been eating dry food her whole life, this is no surprise. sjpennytoum sjpennytoum bought a few cans of specialized wet food that should help with the dehydration.

Here are some pics I was asked to provide proof of the vet visit :)

It’s sickening to think that Chanelle might not even be alive right now if it were not for each and every one of us...

I hope in the near future we can create more happy memories as a community such as the story of Chanelle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I spoke to sjpennytoum sjpennytoum recently and I am glad to say for the most part Chanelle has a clean bill of health! The one problem the vet noticed was slight dehydration. Considering Chanelle has been eating dry food her whole life, this is no surprise. sjpennytoum sjpennytoum bought a few cans of specialized wet food that should help with the dehydration.

Here are some pics I was asked to provide proof of the vet visit :)

It’s sickening to think that Chanelle might not even be alive right now if it were not for each and every one of us...

I hope in the near future we can create more happy memories as a community such as the story of Chanelle.
Allright! A vet check up and some wet food. That's what it's about! :)

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, you're right, it reads the owner's name too.
Yep, both receipts are from the vet clinic. sjpennytoum sjpennytoum bought a few cans of specialized canned food directly from the vet in the hopes that it helps.

However, there are stores here that collect pet names if you sign up for memberships. At PetSmart they even give you a little gift on your pets birthday.

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey again everyone! As FelisCatus FelisCatus said, Chanelle is looking good. Another thing is that she hadn't received any vaccinations at all since 2012, when she was a kitten, so we got her her shots. She'll need a booster in a month. Once she's all up to date, I'll work on finding her a forever home!

For the most part, she uses her litter box just fine, but I have indeed found two poops just outside of it. :( I'm going to try using a 'lightweight' litter to see if it's easier for her to use, considering she's declawed.

PLUS! Another short video, featuring my two cats:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought from someone with a fluffy cat, but is it a full poop outside of the litter box? Or is it possible some is getting stuck in her fur and dropping off? With my girl we sometimes have to trim the fur at the back of her legs.

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a thought from someone with a fluffy cat, but is it a full poop outside of the litter box? Or is it possible some is getting stuck in her fur and dropping off? With my girl we sometimes have to trim the fur at the back of her legs.
Yep, full poop unfortunately. She will definitely need a butt trim too, though :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, full poop unfortunately. She will definitely need a butt trim too, though :)
I wonder if you should mix a little bit of that cat attract litter into the lightweight litter if lightweight doesn't work by itself.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might try a corn-based litter. They tend to be very fine, soft, and low-dust.

And she's VERY clever with her paws, isn't she?

sjpennytoum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Sorry about the lack of updates, I took on a couple of extra work projects and have been quite busy :)

Chanelle is doing great overall. I deep-cleaned her litter box, and I add a good amount of baking soda every time I clean it. We've had a couple of accidents but overall she uses the box no problem. She really hates getting her butt trimmed, though! I'm going to have to get an extra pair of hands for that!

She and Penny are getting along very well. They've gone right up to each other for a good sniff, and I'm trying to get them to play together. My Toum is the queen of the castle and isn't exactly friendly with Chanelle, but she doesn't give any warning hisses anymore. She basically shrugs and walks away :)

Chanelle has a booster shot in a couple of weeks. Once she's all up to date, I'm going to start actively looking for her forever home. Three full-time cats are a bit too much for me and my apartment! My vet gave me the names of a few local organizations that could help. The Reddit user who initially found her might still be interested, too.

I'll try to take another video this week :)