Heartbroken...please Help Me!!!

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I really need advice from all the cat lovers on here, who can maybe relate to how I am feeling. I am dying of a disease and don’t have long to live. I have a 12 year old cat and had her for four years. I rescued her from a shelter, she had behavioural issues and because of it had been in 4 different homes over her 8 years of life and was returned to this same shelter 3 times. She was such a sweet cat I immediately adopted her, after my other cat had just died of cancer and I was heartbroken. She saved my life literally, that’s how sad I was. She has become extremely attached to me over the years and is such a lovable cat. I constantly constantly worry and feel so bad for what she will go through when I a man gone. She misses me and just sleeps on my housecoat when I even leave for the day. I live with my husband, senior mother and my brother rents our basement and is very attached to her...as is my mother. I just don’t know what to do. My brother will move out to an apartment once I am gone but works long hours and won’t be home enough for her. My mother is 88 and in poor health and will move in with my sister who has three grown kids living with her and two cats. Who should take her? My husband isn’t too responsible when it comes to looking after cats...he had one before we married and is never home and never cleans the litter etc...I just wouldn’t want to leave her with him. He is not devoted enough to her. People have actually told me to put her down?! any situation I think of leaves me with no comfort and I’m so depressed in leaving her...she will think another owner abandoned her and now she has no behaviour issues (she wasn’t using litter box before, thus why people kept returning her or giving her away...it was because she was so constipated...a new diet fixed that)and is a perfectly happy kitty...but it’s because I’m home all day with her and give her so much love and attention. I love her like my child...I don’t have any. Sorry this is so long but it’s a complicated situation and I’m heartbroken and don’t know what to do with her...any advice would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so much
Hi, I really need advice from all the cat lovers on here, who can maybe relate to how I am feeling. I am dying of a disease and don’t have long to live. I have a 12 year old cat and had her for four years. I rescued her from a shelter, she had behavioural issues and because of it had been in 4 different homes over her 8 years of life and was returned to this same shelter 3 times. She was such a sweet cat I immediately adopted her, after my other cat had just died of cancer and I was heartbroken. She saved my life literally, that’s how sad I was. She has become extremely attached to me over the years and is such a lovable cat. I constantly constantly worry and feel so bad for what she will go through when I a man gone. She misses me and just sleeps on my housecoat when I even leave for the day. I live with my husband, senior mother and my brother rents our basement and is very attached to her...as is my mother. I just don’t know what to do. My brother will move out to an apartment once I am gone but works long hours and won’t be home enough for her. My mother is 88 and in poor health and will move in with my sister who has three grown kids living with her and two cats. Who should take her? My husband isn’t too responsible when it comes to looking after cats...he had one before we married and is never home and never cleans the litter etc...I just wouldn’t want to leave her with him. He is not devoted enough to her. People have actually told me to put her down?! any situation I think of leaves me with no comfort and I’m so depressed in leaving her...she will think another owner abandoned her and now she has no behaviour issues (she wasn’t using litter box before, thus why people kept returning her or giving her away...it was because she was so constipated...a new diet fixed that)and is a perfectly happy kitty...but it’s because I’m home all day with her and give her so much love and attention. I love her like my child...I don’t have any. Sorry this is so long but it’s a complicated situation and I’m heartbroken and don’t know what to do with her...any advice would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so much
I feel very sad to hear your situation.
It's good to leave your cat with your brother. I think that's the best option you have. I agree with Maria Bayote. Cats don't need so much time to be with their humans. It's the quality of time they spend with their humans is important. If you are confident that your brother loves your cat and takes good care of her then leave your cat with him. She needs to be with the family members at this age.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Karmakat2436 Karmakat2436 Sending my prayers to you and your cat. This is such a sad situation. If you're sure that your brother will take good care of your cat, then i think you should leave your cat with him. Talk to him about it. I hope everything goes well. Also, how are you doing now?

Big hug to you and your kitty!