Growing a Human - Again!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww of course you deserve to be happy. You're an excellent mama. I'd say go have a Tim Hortons, but you don't have one. So go get a Dunkin Pumpkin Spice Latte with extra syrup & sugars!!!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys. J had a good potty day at school today, which I wasn't expecting, so I took her to Dunkin/Baskin-Robbins and got her ice cream and got the nutty pumpkin coffee for myself.

We did the Oh Crap method, which is basically cold turkey, and she did fairly well after the first couple days, but then it went back to being a struggle again, where it's been an argument most times I know she needs to go. There's really no turning back at this point, so I have to just power through.

This year has just been hard.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys. J had a good potty day at school today, which I wasn't expecting, so I took her to Dunkin/Baskin-Robbins and got her ice cream and got the nutty pumpkin coffee for myself.

We did the Oh Crap method, which is basically cold turkey, and she did fairly well after the first couple days, but then it went back to being a struggle again, where it's been an argument most times I know she needs to go. There's really no turning back at this point, so I have to just power through.

This year has just been hard.
You've got a really big squad of cheerleaders here right behind you because you are loved ..... so glad you had that nutty pumpkin( perfect for feeling "nutty")

Ya gotta take those little "me" breaks when 24 hrs a day your going full speed ahead-Motherhood is the hardest job on the planet! Give yourself a pat on the back and go easy on YOU- we can all be our worst critic❤

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we can all be our worst critic
So so true! It feels like motherhood magnifies our flaws and insecurities. Sometimes other mothers do not help because they are just sure what was right for their family and children must also be the best and right answer for every family. They’ve done their best google research and read the books (that she agrees with😉) after all. I feel like I see a push for more moms supporting moms online. But that doesn’t help us change our internal narrative sometimes. Its more odd and worrisome when a mom DOESNT think she’s failing somehow. Too bad our babies don’t come out having read the books too. :disappointed:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So so true! It feels like motherhood magnifies our flaws and insecurities. Sometimes other mothers do not help because they are just sure what was right for their family and children must also be the best and right answer for every family. They’ve done their best google research and read the books (that she agrees with😉) after all. I feel like I see a push for more moms supporting moms online. But that doesn’t help us change our internal narrative sometimes. Its more odd and worrisome when a mom DOESNT think she’s failing somehow. Too bad our babies don’t come out having read the books too. :disappointed:
Yes,women supporting women can be bad enough online but the very least one Mom can do for another is LISTEN!!!! We don't always have to have the answer,just listen and support one another with love❤

100%,we should uplift one another ....kids( like cats,lol) each move at their own pace and withing their own comfort zone

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how are you doing? :hugs::redheartpump:
I'm managing. Still not doing amazing, but a bit better than last week.

It's a big day.

Six months. Half a year of my M.

She's the best thing to come out of this difficult year. She can light up a room with her smile (of course, she chose to be more solemn in her pictures today), and lately she loves to talk your ear off. I keep wondering what my mom would have thought of her - I'm sure she would have made a comment about how she has so much less hair than I did as a baby, but she probably also would have commented on her easy-going disposition.

By the way, we had our doctor's appointment earlier today, and they are claiming she's in the 100th percentile for height. 😆 She may be a bit long, but I'm never going to completely trust their length measurements.

Happy Half Birthday, sweet girl. Since you've been here, I can't imagine life without you.

20230926_150154.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy 1/2 Birthday M!

Potty training can fall into the 'times that try men's souls' category. This too will pass. I have heard the thing about kid's don't come with how to manuals but the manuals would need to be individual. Each child is different, not somehow better or worse, just different. You will get there.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm managing. Still not doing amazing, but a bit better than last week.

It's a big day.

Six months. Half a year of my M.

She's the best thing to come out of this difficult year. She can light up a room with her smile (of course, she chose to be more solemn in her pictures today), and lately she loves to talk your ear off. I keep wondering what my mom would have thought of her - I'm sure she would have made a comment about how she has so much less hair than I did as a baby, but she probably also would have commented on her easy-going disposition.

By the way, we had our doctor's appointment earlier today, and they are claiming she's in the 100th percentile for height. 😆 She may be a bit long, but I'm never going to completely trust their length measurements.

Happy Half Birthday, sweet girl. Since you've been here, I can't imagine life without you.

View attachment 460469
So happy to hear you are doing better,it's all up from here Lari ..... you are managing,,you can you will and that's the best news for today-,tomorrow is a new day,filled with new smiles from M bring new Joy

Hey,I see you work out 200 squardle Words like nobody's business- you are a champion in whatever you set your mind to!!!!!And..... you are loved!❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7 months old! How?! This happy child has started eating table foods (bananas are a big favorite) and does fairly well at getting food to her mouth for someone new to the 'anything other than milk' game. She cut her first tooth and according to the pediatrician Tuesday the second one is imminent (I couldn't tell if it was in today, though). She wants so badly to move around and goes on her hands and knees or even hands and feet. PT is making her strong. She doesn't sit more than a few seconds unassisted yet, but we're working on it. Her favorite song is one with her name in it and she breaks into a smile whenever I sing it to her. She love to laugh and watch the world. I love her so much, even if I wish she'd sleep a little better sometimes. 😆

20231026_182836.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
7 months old! How?! This happy child has started eating table foods (bananas are a big favorite) and does fairly well at getting food to her mouth for someone new to the 'anything other than milk' game. She cut her first tooth and according to the pediatrician Tuesday the second one is imminent (I couldn't tell if it was in today, though). She wants so badly to move around and goes on her hands and knees or even hands and feet. PT is making her strong. She doesn't sit more than a few seconds unassisted yet, but we're working on it. Her favorite song is one with her name in it and she breaks into a smile whenever I sing it to her. She love to laugh and watch the world. I love her so much, even if I wish she'd sleep a little better sometimes. 😆

View attachment 462259
You sound so much better these days- even giddy and excited and I'm so very happy to hear this .... I really think you were dealing with those post partim blues Lari and seems you're getting back to YOU

Am I getting the right vibes?Ive always said little prayers for you 'you are so much fun ,a lovely gal and a great Mom I do Hope you are really doing GREAT....

I know the other day was really rough at the ER and you were exhausted but I gotta hand it to you- you are a little trooper,God Bless you Squardle Queen

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a cute song called Maggie's Farm! Hee hee. You had to know that comment would make me start guessing names!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a cute song called Maggie's Farm! Hee hee. You had to know that comment would make me start guessing names!
Guess all you like, but I won't admit if you got it publicly. :hearthrob:

Mood has been on and off, and life has been hard still lately, but I'm not feeling as ragey most of the time anymore. For the most part the potty training is going better, but now our appliances need to stop breaking.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 months old. This child now has four teeth (but the two on top aren't the middle ones, but the ones outside of them like a little Jack-o-Lantern). She's starting to crawl all over, but with little froggie legs to give her core a break. Still working on sitting well. She looooves table food, especially pizza crusts - she leans forward in the high chair in anticipation when we have pizza. She makes lots of sounds and sometimes sounds like she's having a full blown conversation. She loves to play and enjoys watching big sis. She's in a separation anxiety phase and needs Mommy a lot. She's growing up too fast and I love her so much.
20231126_183958.jpg