Growing a Human - Again!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So she's like 3 months old now? That's a good age. Still a baby, but don't have to be so careful when toting them around. I remember that from babysitting so much when I was younger. Ha! I don't get to be around babies much anymore. I miss it. Mostly I'm around cats now.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So she's like 3 months old now? That's a good age. Still a baby, but don't have to be so careful when toting them around. I remember that from babysitting so much when I was younger. Ha! I don't get to be around babies much anymore. I miss it. Mostly I'm around cats now.
Almost! She'll officially be 3 months in a week. I think 3-5 months was my favorite with J, and I'm really enjoying M at this age, too.

Guys, yesterday when I was posting some 12 week pictures of M, my Facebook memories came up with my 12 week pregnant pictures with J. And I realized that when I got pregnant with J, my cycle did start on March 26. This feels almost serendipitous somehow.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As of yesterday, M has officially hit three months. She's generally a fairly content and laid back baby, though is scared of sudden loud noises. She loves to talk and make cooing noises. Not as much of a fan of tummy time, but she hasn't gotten a lot of tummy time on the floor thanks to a rampaging toddler around. I guess it sort of counts when she's in the carrier. Her eyes seem to be turning brown and are in an in between sort of color right now. She likes when I read to her and when we chill on the couch watching cooking shows when big sister is asleep.

20230627_174205.jpg

I feel like she hasn't gained enough weight this past month and the pediatrician is going to be on me about cutting dairy or putting her on formula when we go on Friday, but I feel like she's been fine overall, so my plan is to just feed her a bunch the next few days and hope for the best.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like she hasn't gained enough weight this past month and the pediatrician is going to be on me about cutting dairy
Do you have any food restrictions this time? I remember it was really hard on you last time. Is J still nursing?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any food restrictions this time? I remember it was really hard on you last time. Is J still nursing?
I haven't restricted any food. I've thought M has been tolerating things pretty well, but if she's not gaining weight I'll have to reassess, probably.

J was still nursing a little at nap and bedtime (stopped in February, started again when M came home) but hasn't really the past couple days, so fingers crossed we might finally be done again. We'll see.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four months of M! This child loves her hands and her pacifier. Occasionally, like last night, she sleeps from 11ish to 5ish without waking to feed (this is very occasional. She's usually up two to three times once I go to bed). Most of the time she is very good natured and happy, despite constantly being dragged around to big sister's activities. She loves to use her voice and talk, and likes when I read to her. She's wearing 3-6 month clothes, and I'll get her official height and weight at the pediatrician tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I didn't tell her she was allowed to grow so fast. But even if I wish I could freeze time sometimes, I love watching her develop her personality and learn new things.

20230726_144020.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Five months old!!!! M has mastered rolling belly to back and vice-versa, and pivoting on her belly - to the right at least. In that vein, she's also started physical therapy for minor torticollis and asymmetry so hopefully she'll learn them going left this month. She's starting to notice when Mommy is not around and isn't too happy about that. She loves observing things and is starting to really get into toys, though her hands are still the best. She's grabbing at everything she can (my hair says thanks 😆). She's a chatterbox sometimes and makes lots of little trills and other noises.

I don't believe she actually grew an inch and a half. That's what they measured her at the pediatrician yesterday, so that's what I wrote, but I never actually trust their length measurements. Only weight.

20230826_162511.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently in a mental state of wanting to implode all my relationships and run away because I don't deserve to be happy. Idk if it's delayed postpartum depression or rage triggered by potty training, but I'm really not doing well.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently in a mental state of wanting to implode all my relationships and run away because I don't deserve to be happy. Idk if it's delayed postpartum depression or rage triggered by potty training, but I'm really not doing well.
I'm sorry you're not doing well right now and I do hope it passes very quickly,like right now -so thats what I'm praying for you,for Peace,Comfort and Joy❤

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Idk if it's delayed postpartum depression or rage triggered by potty training, but I'm really not doing well.
I'm so sorry but J is only two, right? By the time I had my second I learned not to rush it and they will know when they're ready. As our pediatrician told me, "don't worry, they won't be walking down the aisle in diapers." :biggrin: I should mention that #1 was a breeze and practically did it on her own but #2 was the little stinker. Boy oh boy, the stories I could tell but I finally realized she had a mind of her own and couldn't be persuaded. That's when it happened, it just clicked one day. If it helps, I wouldn't go overboard reading books because that will only make you feel more anxious if potty training isn't going as planned. Just take it slow and I'm sure you will get past this, that is until M is ready. :wink: All my best and maybe indulge in something sweet or a special treat, you deserve it.🤗

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lari Lari : so sorry you're going through a stressful stretch. 🤗

You may not appreciate the humour right now, but there's a ton of comics based on the "joys" of motherhood.
Here's a couple, for when you're in the mood for a smile, or even just to know what you're feeling is likely normal. :redheartpump:

1695139700419.png
1695139863721.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had 2 stubborn potty trainers myself. When DD was ready; she was ready and it was quick but she was over 3 if not 3 1/2. It's funny now; but we told DS he couldn't turn 4 if he still wore diapers, he'd have to stay 3. And then he messed his pants every day for a month before it clicked. I still have to make sure things seem like his idea. Smart, stubborn kids! :rolleyes2:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari
And then one day you're old like me and guess what- you won't even remember potty training them!!!

I know your having a hard time right now but it's normal,it's temporary and things just pile up and become overwhelming- I'd love to give you a great big hug just too say" It's okay,this too shall pass"❤❤❤❤❤

Have a great big sloppy banana split or something ya don't usually have that you like alot -don't share,just enjoy it cause you deserve it!