Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the memories - Artie was such a handsome boy and I know how much you cherished him. 💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All,
Geoffrey is Geoffrey... still loving, and vomiting. His vomiting has been pretty consistent at once per week, more than usual. He has a Vet appointment late September. I do not think the Vet will change anything, unless his bloodwork shows changes..

This week, for whatever reason, Geoffrey has decided to walk me up very early, every morning: 4:30 am to 5:30 am.. Of course, one day was due to him having pooped! He had to tell me! and would not stop, until I got up! This morning, he was at me again-- no poop but pee in the box!! What a crazy cat! Whoever taught him to do this???

Sweet boy is so attached to me. It is kind of ridiculous... All I have to do is lie on my bed and say: Cuddle; and he is up on the bed.
He knows the word 'cuddle'; even following me into the bedroom, when I say it. I take this time as my 'meditation'... have g his warm body against me, feeling and hearing his loud purring, his soft fur; it is like heaven. He even puts his head in the palm of my hand, or stretches out his neck, in order to use my hand, arm as a pillow. So Sweet.
Some days, he will not leave me alone-- yelling at me, crawling all over me, until I lie down and 'Cuddle" with him.

Geoffrey is on my lap every evening. Sometimes late in the day, also. If not on the arm of my recliner. He does spend a lot of time in his carrier. I keep it out at all times in my living area. He can watch me, and still sleep.

Still getting the Zofran, Budesonide, daily. The Chlorambucil is still EOD along with 1/3 dose of mirataz on the chemo days.
The strange thing is that each time I feel he needs Cerenia because of a bad vomit episode, He will Vomit up the Cerenia. I wait a couple of hours after the last episode, give him the Cerenia; tried both in gel cap and plain. Yet, he still upchucks it... so weird.

On another front:
He is sometime getting daring!! One occasion, when My door did not close completely, he ran out! He was so frightened. Good thing, he took a left into the dead end. I caught him on two other occasions either sniffing at the door, or meeting me at the door, trying to ru. out! Weird cat!

Geoffrey is still a plastic eater... also seems to be like a garbage truck--- eating everything he is not supposed to eat! Fur which fell out of my hand, cardboard from his cardboard scratcher, etc... The PICA seems much more intense when he has a tummy ache.

And talking! OMG... some days, it is non-stop talk from him; especially when I am gone for an extended period of time. I get YELLED at for leaving him alone!

All in all, I still love him, and am glad I have him.. He is so expensive; between his prescription food, meds, insurance, litter, the expense is well over $200 a month.. His food is outrageous.. and the meds are so expensive. But I love him..
He is still my 'little boy'

Speaking of which, it is time for me to medicate him and cuddle (meditate) to start my lazy day...

IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1612.jpeg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I can never get over how wonderful he looks for all that is going on!:hugs:
Yeah, I always tell the Vet, on telephone update: Looking at him, you would never know he was sick--- except for the missing fur. It is the Mirataz which is helping him with eating, and keeping his weight on.

I am right on top of things. The lower dose of Mirataz really helped him. If Geoffrey was not taking it, he would not eat-- and be skin and bones.

As I was vacuuming this morning, I found a dried up area of vomit-- looks like bile.. Maybe that is why he was waking me up this mornin
Poor baby.. but, at breakfast and later, he ate 1/2 of a 5oz can of RC rabbit food. Now he is working on his dry food. It will probably be 2/3 cup of it. It is a chemo day.. and a mirataz day. Meds are due within the hour.. We cuddled a ton this morning; due to my asthma really bothering me. The humidity does me in. I put the AC on.. Even doing errands with the AC on in the car, really bothered me.
Right now, I am in front of the AC unit.. fans on in Bedroom, and on top of the refrigerator-- to push the cool air into my bedroom.
Geoffrey still prefers MY/OUR bedroom, no matter how hot it is. When I am sitting on the recliner/rocker, he does come out to either cuddle or to lie on the sofa, or in his carrier.
He just came out from OUR bedroom, and is currently lying on the end of the recliner, right up against my right leg...

I really love this little/big boy.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just by looking at those adorable photos, if I saw Geoffrey IRL I'd think he was a 100% healthy cat. He looks amazing. I *still* love his eyes, they are so expressive. ❤

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update;
Geoffrey had an IMVets appointment on 10/5. It was a 6 month appointment. Bloods were drawn along with a good exam and claw trim.
IMVet felt his Stage 2 heart murmur had become more prominent, Turing into a Stage 3 ... It had been intermittent; some visits heard, other visits not.. but this time it is pretty consistent and louder. DAM...

IMVet suggested an echocardiogram, to check it out... DAM... I was kind of numb.. I kind of thought his murmur had worsened, because I can sometimes feel it, when he is chest down, on my lap.... I just nodded....
At Angell Animal Medical Center, they are so busy, that it may take 3-4 months for the echocardiogram appointment. The IMVet is ok with then wait.

Geoffrey's blood tests came out, ok... not perfect, but not much difference than his last of 6 months ago.. He has gained an entire pound!! He is a piggy-- but that comes from is every other day dose of Mirataz.. He really does not eat much, without the Mirataz.
He needs it.. While Dr B is ok with a bit of extra weight-- in case, because of the SCL he loses his appetite; he a bit extra on him before weight loss is crucial....Geoffrey now weighs 14 lbs. His lost fur is regrowing.
He really does not like a sick cat... not at all like one with IBD and SCL...

I also mentioned that he seems to be getting harder stools which seem to add to his vomiting.. If he does not poop, or has a hard, tiny poop, it seems to cause vomiting. I have been giving him Laxatone almost every day, to control this.. Dr B Sid that he did not feel that the laxatone would harm him; but. felt it was more due to the SCL.... Dam... I guess he feels that the SCL is narrowing the intestnsitne, causing harder stools... DAM DAM DAM

Geoffrey was so frightened about the appointment, that he as soon as I put him in his carrier, he immediately dug under the cushy bath towel, and hid.. he was burrowed and completely covered underneath it. I felt horrible for doing this to him...
When we returned home, he was still so hyper: He paced all day.. could not find a comfortable spot, wanted his Mama, yet, he kept crying and pacing...

Re Echocardiogram:
I asked Dr B what would happen: either additional drugs, or a change in his meds... an adjustment.. dam... I looked it up, and mirataz can exaggerate a heart murmur... chlorambucil can also effect it... DAM DAM... Geoffrey is doing ok, as it is...

Thinking about things and how stuff effects Geoffrey: G has SCL... from what I have read:, SCL kitties usually have a life span of 2-3 years (24-36 months. Geoffrey has already lived 16 months with this diagnosis. Who knows how much longer, before his biopsy that he ha it?? My gut feeling sis that he had IBD when I adopted him, 5 years ago--- When did it morph into SCL????????
Geoffrey has been sick since the day I adopted him, ie: vomiting, diarrhea..

Knowing he is such a sensitive kitty with this dire diagnosis: Do I dare put him through the Echocardiogram?????????

I am so torn.. I did put in a request for Dr B to call me, so we can discuss this.. just waiting..
They are so busy at Angell Animal Medical Center, that it will take 3-4 moths for an appointment.. I guess I could make an appointment and then cancel it, IF..........
So Confused...
A lot of people are just telling me to not do it... but if I do not-- will I regret it..and kick my self with guilt, if he develops Congestive heart failure from a faulty valve? I just know too much... both my parents died from CHF...
What do I do.. I feel like: damed if I do, damed it I don't...

any thoughts?? I really appreciate the members on here... love you all.

Meanwhile, Geoffrey is so demanding of cuddles.. He gets more attached to me, as the days go on.. I have never seen such a clingy, loving kitty.. He seeks so much love.. more and more each and every day..
Now, he has to be on my lap from early afternoon on--- until I go to bed.. He will not leave me..

I guess God knew what he was doing, when I picked Geoffrey.. I needed a cuddly, loving kitty.. He is rely Mama's little boy.. never saw or heard of such a loving kitty.. All the Vet Techs and Dr B, say he is such a good cat--- but he completely shuts down when he goes to the vet...

Thank you for listening to me...
love,

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update;
Geoffrey had an IMVets appointment on 10/5. It was a 6 month appointment. Bloods were drawn along with a good exam and claw trim.
IMVet felt his Stage 2 heart murmur had become more prominent, Turing into a Stage 3 ... It had been intermittent; some visits heard, other visits not.. but this time it is pretty consistent and louder. DAM...

IMVet suggested an echocardiogram, to check it out... DAM... I was kind of numb.. I kind of thought his murmur had worsened, because I can sometimes feel it, when he is chest down, on my lap.... I just nodded....
At Angell Animal Medical Center, they are so busy, that it may take 3-4 months for the echocardiogram appointment. The IMVet is ok with then wait.

Geoffrey's blood tests came out, ok... not perfect, but not much difference than his last of 6 months ago.. He has gained an entire pound!! He is a piggy-- but that comes from is every other day dose of Mirataz.. He really does not eat much, without the Mirataz.
He needs it.. While Dr B is ok with a bit of extra weight-- in case, because of the SCL he loses his appetite; he a bit extra on him before weight loss is crucial....Geoffrey now weighs 14 lbs. His lost fur is regrowing.

I also mentioned that he seems to be getting harder stools which seem to add to his vomiting.. If he does not poop, or has a hard, tiny poop, it seems to cause vomiting. I have been giving him Laxatone almost every day, to control this.. Dr B Sid that he did not feel that the laxatone would harm him; but. felt it was more due to the SCL.... Dam... I guess he feels that the SCL is narrowing the intestnsitne, causing harder stools... DAM DAM DAM

Geoffrey was so frightened about the appointment, that he as soon as I put him in his carrier, he immediately dug under the cushy bath towel, and hid.. he was burrowed and completely covered underneath it. I felt horrible for doing this to him...
When we returned home, he was still so hyper: He paced all day.. could not find a comfortable spot, wanted his Mama, yet, he kept crying and pacing...

Re Echocardiogram:
I asked Dr B what would happen: either additional drugs, or a change in his meds... an adjustment.. dam... I looked it up, and mirataz can exaggerate a heart murmur... chlorambucil can also effect it... DAM DAM... Geoffrey is doing ok, as it is...

Thinking about things and how stuff effects Geoffrey: G has SCL... from what I have read:, SCL kitties usually have a life span of 2-3 years (24-36 months. Geoffrey has already lived 16 months with this diagnosis. Who knows how much longer, before his biopsy that he ha it?? My gut feeling sis that he had IBD when I adopted him, 5 years ago--- When did it morph into SCL????????

Knowing he is such a sensitive kitty with this dire diagnosis: Do I dare put him through the Echocardiogram?????????

I am so torn.. I did put in a request for Dr B to call me, so we can discuss this.. just waiting..
They are so busy at Angell Animal Medical Center, that it will take 3-4 moths for an appointment.. I guess I could make an appointment and then cancel it, IF..........
So Confused...
A lot of people are just telling me to not do it... but if I do not-- will I regret it..and kick my self with guilt, if he develops Congestive heart failure from a faulty valve? I just know too much... both my parents died from CHF...

Meanwhile, Geoffrey is so demanding of cuddles.. He gets more attached to me, as the days go on.. I have never seen such a clingy, loving kitty.. He seeks so much love.. more and more each and every day..
Now, he has to be on my lap from early afternoon on--- until I go to bed.. He will not leave me..

I guess God knew what he was doing, when I picked Geoffrey.. I needed a cuddly, loving kitty.. He is rely Mama's little boy.. never saw or heard of such a loving kitty.. All the Vet Techs and Dr B, say he is such a good cat--- but he completely shuts down when he goes to the vet...

love,
Thank you for the update, Cindy -- I was going to ask.
Overall, Geoffrey seems to be thriving IMHO. He's eating well, has a little weight prosperity, and he's happy.
As for murmurs, they are very common, in felines and humans and ??? and personally, my answer on that, as on everything else, really, is that NO ONE knows how long ANYONE has in this life. I'm not a believer in drugs and tests, as you may recall. I also AM a believer in not stressing anyone --Geoffrey, you, or anyone else -- out unduly with poking, prodding, tests, and vet visits. I think we all know that cliche about stress. It's a cliche because it's true. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. None of us, of any species, is perfect or has "perfect" health. I go on the premise of cherishing each day, and each moment with loved ones. But ultimately, YOU know Geoffrey, YOU know and like and trust his doctor, and YOU are where the buck stops in terms of what to do/not to do for his health.
I think it's really important to remember, too, that hereditary health issues are NOT (necessarily) YOUR health issues. They can be, of course. But it's not 100% or anywhere near it. Though I deal with very grim issues on a daily basis, and am a realist, I am also still a believer in positive thinking/action.
None of us gets out of here alive. (Well, on the contrary, with my spiritual beliefs, I believe the opposite. But it IS true that none of us is living an earthly life forever. Thanks god for that.) But we can have the BEST life possible, or something other. I choose the former, for myself and for my loved ones. Right now, my loved one is Elvis. He's 16, and he's thinning out, predictably. He has days when he's pretty happy to doze the day away, and days when he snorks up his silvervine or 'nip-and-'vine, and/or plays kittenishly with da Bird. His eating is better and better these days. I want him to have whatever he wants, whenever he wants it. I love him dearly and show him at every opportunity. He seems pretty happy with that. I know I am, too.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry for the scary parts of the update.
My cat, like yours has IBD, SCL, and a heart murmer. Plus hyperthyroidism and asthma. Also, I am sure some degree of kidney damage. I have to give fluids ( very small amounts) once a day or her dehydration is evident. My cat is terrified of anything different, so vet visits are hard for her.
Only telling this for background.

with Cheetah ( my cat) I have to weigh everything I do with the amount of stress it will cause her.

Most cats with heart disease have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Of course they can get other heart problems but HCM is the most common.
I think you should ask your vet what a diagnosis through the echo will change? Will there be new medications added? Will some be stopped? Try to find out from him or her what the information from the echo will change treatment wise.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you should ask your vet what a diagnosis through the echo will change? Will there be new medications added? Will some be stopped? Try to find out from him or her what the information from the echo will change treatment wise.
I agree with this. Plus, I am surprised with the area you are located that you cannot have your IM suggest another location that could perform an echo that your IM could receive the results from.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update;

Re Echocardiogram:

So Confused...

love,
Kabuto has early CHF himself. You wouldn't know it to look at him but his heart sounds like an out of balance washing machiene. Medication has gotten the thyroid under control but his heart still sounds like he swallowed a washer. His murmer is grade 3.

I know it is hard but it sounds like your boy still has excelent quality of life. If you want and have the funds for the ECG to be done and the vet says its safe to do so then I would do it.

What you do for your animals is your choice not anyone elses (as long as it is dome with there best intrests of course).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so happy you updated!!!!
So, I had a small dog who had a bad heart. A cardiologist was mentioned. I took his age (11) and his stress level at the vets (high, but not so high that he became aggressive) and considered my options. A cardiologist might have been able to do something to add to slow it. With his age, and stress level (not to mention the nearest cardiologist was 2 hours away) I decided to not go forth with that sort of treatment. I didn't like the idea of my dog being in the car for 4 hours, and at the vet for how long, with his already compromised heart pounding in fear (despite knowing that the cardiologists and staff were kind and gentle, this was nothing "against them.") The vet, at one point, mentioned that hospitalizing him some day might not be the best option for him because she worried the stress away from home would be worse for him than anything else. I really took that to heart (no pun intended!) and appreciated her honesty.
He did not have other problems like G has, but, we did treat the problem and added in some other supplementation that (I feel) helped support his heart. He lived for years on this.
What do they think an echo can do? Would it help decide what medicines he should take, or how bad it is? Would it be "fixable", would his heart murmur be reversed?
Hugs to you and G :hugs: :petcat:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update;

Re Echocardiogram:

So Confused...

love,
I'm sorry Geoffreys report was not what you were hoping it would be-I know not everyone will agree or is of the same Faith as I Believe,Drs diagnosis,scans,,tests and scientific FACTS or statistics are not necessarily Truth,God's Truth thst is.

I tell you this as someone who was diagnosed with Stage IV incurable cancer,terminal prognosis,less than.O6 % survival rate ( 1yr).....11 yrs ago...so my advice to you is to hang on to HOPE and Follow your heart no matter what you hear.I only hope to Encourage you not to accept a death sentence and move forward with it thst in mind but to Embrace each day and move forward as if it's your last day making it the very best

Having said all that,if it were me,hanging on to HOPE I would proceed with everything possible and what was within my means to do to help Geoffrey to be treated and to give him a good quality of life as many have asked" will the echo enable better treatment,improve his condition?"I don't see that it would but this is what you can discuss with your Vet..... why put the little fellow through all that stressful trauma if it's just to accurately Stage?Or will it add something benefial to his treatment ?

It's awful being torn in so many directions hearing negative prognosis but where their is life there is Hope plus there are new breakthroughs in medicine every single day .....

I'm praying for you and for Geoffrey - msy you have Guidsnce and Direction that gives you Comfort,Peace and HOPE

I'll listen to you anytime,,it's an honor and my pleasure to hear anything you want to say here ......

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it.
I am still torn about what to do. I think insurance will cover a good portion of the echo. That is not the issue--- not the I have disposable income; I am pretty much struggling, financially. It is the stress that I would put Geoffrey through, the possibility of major heart issues, and the effect all of this could have to him.. and shorten his life span even more. and make his quality of life worse.

Geoffrey is pretty good at meds. Really a sweet boy, but sometimes does fight me with them.

I suppose I could make the appointment, request a telephone chat with his IMVet, and see... If I have months to wait, then I can think about it.

FeebysOwner FeebysOwner There are not many Veterinary cardiologists in this area. The same with veterinary dentists. Many regular vets have even discontinued dental extractions... and sending them elsewhere for any dental work. There is also a huge shortage of regular vets around here. The regular Vet's office does not take emergencies anymore.. They refer out.. These places are swamped. To make an appointment with a regular Vet, for routine work, takes a couple of months. It is really ridiculous. Covid messed with everything.
Not to change the subject, but there is even a dire shortage of EMT's. Ambulance response times are ridiculous. The Fire Department has to do a ton of triage.. It is really crazy.
There is another Vet hospital, but I refuse to use it. I had used it for Artie's care before I switched to Angell. I know it depends on the doctors, but, I just got weird vibes from that place.
There is a private hospital, but I am unsure how the care will be... I am not looking to switch IM Vets. I am going on his advice. I know my IMVet always likes to review any x-rays, scopes, ultrasounds, of his patients. If there is something he thinks is questionable, he asks the specialist right then and there. Sometimes he even goes in the OR with them, to see how things are.... He is pretty much everywhere in the hospital.. and he teaches.

I am going to update the IM's secretary on Monday. I will ask then about scheduling an appointment, and request a call back from the IMVet.. problem is: He is so busy, and I am pretty busy, so we may miss each others calls.. dam..

Thanks everyone for the advice..
keep it coming...
Right now, Geoffrey is sleeping on my unmade bed. He got his morning meds, ate 1/2 of a 5oz can, and is dosing, curled up next to a pillow!... sweet boy..
Next for him will be his laxatone, and then his nightly Zofran. Yesterday was a chemo day.

Thanks again..

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it.
I am still torn about what to do. I think insurance will cover a good portion of the echo. That is not the issue--- not the I have disposable income; I am pretty much struggling, financially. It is the stress that I would put Geoffrey through, the possibility of major heart issues, and the effect all of this could have to him.. and shorten his life span even more. and make his quality of life worse.

Geoffrey is pretty good at meds. Really a sweet boy, but sometimes does fight me with them.

I suppose I could make the appointment, request a telephone chat with his IMVet, and see... If I have months to wait, then I can think about it.

FeebysOwner FeebysOwner There are not many Veterinary cardiologists in this area. The same with veterinary dentists. Many regular vets have even discontinued dental extractions... and sending them elsewhere for any dental work. There is also a huge shortage of regular vets around here. The regular Vet's office does not take emergencies anymore.. They refer out.. These places are swamped. To make an appointment with a regular Vet, for routine work, takes a couple of months. It is really ridiculous. Covid messed with everything.
Not to change the subject, but there is even a dire shortage of EMT's. Ambulance response times are ridiculous. The Fire Department has to do a ton of triage.. It is really crazy.
There is another Vet hospital, but I refuse to use it. I had used it for Artie's care before I switched to Angell. I know it depends on the doctors, but, I just got weird vibes from that place.
There is a private hospital, but I am unsure how the care will be... I am not looking to switch IM Vets. I am going on his advice. I know my IMVet always likes to review any x-rays, scopes, ultrasounds, of his patients. If there is something he thinks is questionable, he asks the specialist right then and there. Sometimes he even goes in the OR with them, to see how things are.... He is pretty much everywhere in the hospital.. and he teaches.

I am going to update the IM's secretary on Monday. I will ask then about scheduling an appointment, and request a call back from the IMVet.. problem is: He is so busy, and I am pretty busy, so we may miss each others calls.. dam..

Thanks everyone for the advice..
keep it coming...
Right now, Geoffrey is sleeping on my unmade bed. He got his morning meds, ate 1/2 of a 5oz can, and is dosing, curled up next to a pillow!... sweet boy..
Next for him will be his laxatone, and then his nightly Zofran. Yesterday was a chemo day.

Thanks again..
It's bad enough we have to go through this kind of stuff or other humans and my heart goes out to anyone with health issues but animals',that's just heart wrenching,especially cats thst hide their pain so very well..... it's really really hard having a pet that is unwell,you feel so helpless

I'm so sorry Geoffrey is not well-you remain on my heart and in my prayers..... sweet sweet precious boy

So you have insurance for Geoffrey,wow.... thats great.Id love to if only they had " group" insurance for all 5 of mine.

That's terrible not to be able to get an appt for months- my friend in California tells me the same thing and the shortage of Vets- here in Florida there's as many Vet offices as there are supermarkets...... must be very very difficult but your Vet sounds wonderful,thank goodness you have a good one !

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much respect and love to you Kwik Kwik . And also to you, Cindy artiemom artiemom and all of your loved ones. Kwik, I agree 100% with you and you have the cred to back it up.
EVERYTHING has been upended in these times. I come from a background very different from the status quo and so I learned at my folks' knees that the only one I can depend on is ME. I've learned from experience that doctors either don't care or are actively trying to make things worse, so as my grandmother would say, sure, if you break a bone, you've got to get it set. And with some other things, you need the services, such as they are, of "health care." Otherwise, proactive and preventive TRUE health care, for yourself and loved ones, is the best way to go. My concern for anyone of any species who's been diagnosed with serious health problems is great, and all the more so in these times of substandard or absent alternatives.
I do believe, Kwik Kwik , in the power of Prayer and of spiritual strength, whatever your ideology. We say there are as many paths to the Creator as there are seekers.
When all else fails, and hopefully before, we turn to This.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey update: He was not himself for about a week after the Rabies vaccine.. vomited a couple times during that week, and seemed a bit down...
His urine was pretty potent smelling since he had his vet exam. Now, it is back to smelling better/normal. I swear he had a tiny UTI due to being so anxious and holding it for so long. He is so sensitive.

For the past couple days, he has had a bad stretch. He vomited on Wed, today is Friday. Wednesday, I had to resort to giving him a Cerenia tablet. He usually vomits that up, but I waited hours since his vomit episode, cut it in half, smooshed it into a smaller gel cap, and he kept it down. His meow had no volume at all.. At times, all I could see was his mouth moving.. He was weak..

He has not been eating as much as normal, and pretty lethargic. He gets this way every once in a while. Unfortunately, I have been very busy the days before and the day he was very sick. Geoffrey is such a strange cat when he is sick..He wants cuddles with his Mama... nothing else..

Geoffrey is slowly getting back to his normal self. It is taking longer this time. Usually it is just a day or 2.. I am fortunate that this does not happen very often... I am going to start tracking how often it happens, per year.

Dr B is aware of this. I am updating him. We both know it is from his SCL...
I am going to ask him again about Geoffrey and possible anemia causing this, or even his teeth.. although, will we put him through a dental?? Nothing was seen on visual examination. just tartar...

As far as the echocardiogram. Dr B does understand my apprehension about putting G through it. He said he is obligated to inform me of the increase in the murmur and the recommendation. He understands how I feel. I think he would feel the same way, if he was in my position. It was suggested we could book it, and mull it over before the appointment.
I found out that the waiting period is now down to a couple months or less.. Angell Med hired another cardiologist, so they have a faster turnover time..,

This afternoon, is kind of a feeling sorry for myself time.. I have adopted 2 cats, back to back.. and both have been seriously ill with life threatening issues. I feel shortchanged.. I do not seem to be able to have a cat who is not sick.. I feel cheated about the amount of time I have with them..
I am getting older, with more stuff happening to me.. and I love kitties.. I have been blessed to have found a couple of really beautiful, loving kitties.. Artie was my 'soul-cat', while Geoffrey is my 'baby-cat-cuddler".. Artie was a terror at the Vets-- bit a couple of techs, but was so good with me. Geoffrey just freezes up from fear at the Vets; and allows me to do almost anything to him: except for nails., and wiping his butt...

Ok-- pity party over.. have to dump and clean litter box.
Geoffrey must be feeling a bit better. He jumped on top of my printer, which is on top of a chest of drawers.. He always does that. He looks out the bedroom window, and give me head 'bops' when I come over and ask for them.. so sweet.