Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to rephrase that. The second room is HIS Bedroom... not mine!

I picked Geoffrey, he did not pick me.. although, he was after my tote bag, which had some extra gloves-- plastic...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, somehow Geoffrey found a piece of cellophane from the packaging of Dove bar soap. Of course, I did not know this, until I found it in his Vomit!! dam Cat....
He is so funny with our routines.
Morning: As soon as I get up, he waits in front of my desk, in living room, (wand toys are in there) for me to pull out a toy to play with him!! Visits me in the BR to tell me his litter box needs scooping.
Sees me, after breakfast and immediately waits for me at our 'brushing' station!

Late afternoon, is Zoomie time.. a bit of a chase, jumping on cat tree, and plopping down for head bops.

At bedtime, he sees me going to BR, walks into my bedroom and waits for me to get into bed. Sometimes he is premature, so I tell him; " Not now BoBo.. Not yet, Baby"... and he walks back into the living room to wait for me to return to recliner.
Some nights, I do not even get to lie comfortably in bed, and he is already there, waiting to cuddle..

He knows the word, 'Cuddle".. he really does. He knows what it means. I would say that 9 times out of 10, when I say that word, he comes over to me..

When he is done with the wet food, and knows it is time for the dry, (afternoon), Geoffrey will become a pain, even jumping on kitchen counter and walking over to table, looking for something. It is a way to get my attention-- To tell me he has had 'Enough" of his wet food...

He is really a sweet baby. Frightened, anxious, but so sweet.
What a little creature of habit! I love how he knows the word "Cuddle". That is so sweet :) I really think they do thrive with a routine, and it sounds like his routine you have for him suits him so well. I really like how he's attention seeking from you, demanding his dry food in the afternoon! ❤
And, I hope you artiemom artiemom are doing well, too. :hugs:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a really cute embroidery wall hanging that says "If you want the best seat in the house, move the cat". I'd like to add to that, "Don't you dare touch that cat, sit on the floor, peasant human"! :lol:
I think it should be amended to “If you want the best seat in the house, take it up with the cat.” 😹

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I've fallen behind in this thread but thrilled that Geoffrey is doing so well. I truly believe a cat's health and environment go hand in hand. In other words, your TLC and watchful eye have given G a new lease on life. :heartshape: He is not only lucky to have you but I'm sure you feel the same way about him. And, yes, I can definitely relate to the "routine" mannerisms. Carleton is the same way. I wonder if having only one cat makes a difference, i.e. no one else to play or cuddle with but me, (and my husband).:think:

I'm glad you updated us on Geoffrey. Fingers and paws crossed it doesn't jinx anything. :crossfingers: :greenpaw::bluepaw:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom

I read about you &G but have not posted,sometimes conversations like these can be hard for me to really know what to say as I deal with this awful diagnosis myself.... but I will say this "God is in Charge and the Great Physician is ABLE"

Please know that both you and Geoffrey are on my heart and in my prayers❤

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom

I read about you &G but have not posted,sometimes conversations like these can be hard for me to really know what to say as I deal with this awful diagnosis myself.... but I will say this "God is in Charge and the Great Physician is ABLE"

Please know that both you and Geoffrey are on my heart and in my prayers❤
Thank You.... Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. good and bad days... seems as if every 2 weeks he has at least one bad day... more than before, but....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom he has the most soulful expression. I just love his eyes, you can see the sensitivity and love in them. ❤
Yeah, Geoffrey's eyes---sigh.. They seem to be the entrance to his soul.. I can tell when he is not feeling well. HIs face is so expressive.

Percy Remus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness! My Percy was diagnosed with SCL on 8/2. I can’t afford and wouldn’t want to put him through a biopsy but given his ultrasound and history, the internal med vet was pretty confident.

He had been on transdermal pred for about 6 weeks at 2mg/day and didn’t have any clinical signs anymore except just toooo skinny. But we increased the pred and added chlorambucil. He’s had two doses of the chemo and….i have my cat back.

His arthritis seems better. He’s sooo happy. Poops are good. Can’t remember the last time he vomited. Now we just need to gain weight. 7.6lbs :(

But I can’t help but notice the resemblance….this photo is from the day before his internal med appointment. He wasn’t happy because I was going to work lol.
IMG_9188.jpeg