Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joining margd margd in that, artiemom artiemom ! Some "experts" think cats are more sensitive than humans, and I definitely agree. They're more sensitive than MOST humans, anyway. They are intuitive, and empathetic, as well, so when we are stressed/sick/concerned, they feel it and sometimes it manifests in them having health problems as a result. That's why I work hard to keep Elvis' environment as serene, calm, quiet and positive as possible. It's not easy with the morons next door. He reacts to their noise very definitely. As do I. I did order some new Bach Rescue Remedy. It does work, to some extent, to make me feel less anxious. But nothing I've researched so far is "the answer" to noise problems. We have a dog barking matter here, too -- it sounds to me like they throw it outside and it barks and barks and barks, probably until they let it back inside. My guess is that they don't walk it or give it much attention, so it is very anxious and unhappy. I wish they'd just put it in the shelter or rehome it some way. But when the barking happens, it doesn't go on for a long time. It's right in back of the morons, not surprisingly.

Hoping you and sweet Geoffrey can enjoy your holiday/weekend. :redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump::agree:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for thinking of us.. Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. still having in there. I am also.
Geoffrey is becoming more and more clingy, and vocal-- If, that is possible. Sometimes I want to tell him to be quiet, but I would never do so. It is his way of relating to me. I kind of like it. We do have conversations back and forth. He is so darn cute..and sweet. Has occasional zoomies.. chasing tail, while on the top level of his cat tree.. sometimes just running through the apartment.. but not for long. He still cannot get the idea of 'chase', 'hide & seek", or even batting a ball back and forth.. Not like Artie did... I guess it was something he really missed out one when young. He just does not 'get it'..
He still loves his PICKLE!!

I had to throw out a couple of wand toys because the stuff covering both Da Mouse and Da Bee, was bristle brush like. Geoffrey was licking and swallowing the toys. This caused him to vomit, and vomit. It was not until I saw the bristles in the vomit, did I put 2 and 2 together. One day, G had 4 episodes of vomiting in a few hours.. two of them was when I was on the phone with Dr B's secretary.
He is not happy about losing his 2 favorite toys. I cannot find another one for him--- without bristles, fur, or feathers. I even tried cutting the feathers off of 2 wand toys. Nope.. not the same... sigh
But, he has had one episode of vomiting last week. It was digested food-- thinking fur was inside it.. it is that season.

His behavior is changing. For the past 3 weeks he has refused his breakfast. Initially I thought it was because he had a tummy ache from the toys... then that subsided.. Then I thought he was fussing because he wants new food. I am now mixing the Rawz rabbit with the Prescription RC rabbit. That worked for a tiny bit.. then back to refusing breakfast, altogether.. very weird. I cannot put my finger on why this would happen. He gets Zofran twice a day, nibbles on dry food, until I go to bed; then he is stuck to me like glue, in bed.. The dry is still out for him, but rarely gets touched when I am in bed.

Since he takes meds, and I do not want to give on an empty stomach, I am waiting until he is under my 'tent" ( under my bedspread) every late morning, and take food over to him. Sometimes he will eat it.. and unfortunately, as in yesterday, I had to give his meds on an empty stomach-- Zofran and Budesonide. He will then eat, later... when I bring it over to him.
So weird.
He is just not hungry.. weird..

He is eating the dry food, but not as much as he did in the past. Yes, he has lost a tiny bit of weight. He was getting really pudgy--- 14.5 lbs at the Vets. I did decrease the dose of daily (nightly) Mirataz, by 1/2.. That should not stop him from eating breakfast.
I am doing this, because I want to see how much it is helping him, and I do not want him to build up a tolerance to Mirataz.
Keeping the full dose for when he may need it.

He is sweet.. except when cutting his claws.. then he turns into a devil.. I have to use the phrase; "Stop it".. I came across that accidentally. I think his prior owner taught him that phrase.. God knows what he did when he said it.. But when I say it, in a stern voice; Geoffrey stops what he is doing and quiets done.. He is also afraid of paper in my hand. So.....

Speaking of him and meds, I have to cut and put together some Zofran capsules today. I am getting low. I need a new script.

His last Vet Visit was ok. HIs slight anemia was improved. Some slightly abnormal blood cel readings, but I am not going to question them. He has too much going on. Even Dr B said that we are maintaining him, not changing his meds around, or even trying another ultrasound, unless it is absolutely necessary.

His fur loss along his spine is much more marked. I cannot tell if this is from stress or steroid. Vet feels it is stress related.
I did get some liquid gabapentin for construction noises in here.. They were going to replace my windows.. yup.. but changed their mind. It was a prototype of new windows for the building. I guess giving us temporary housing in a different apartment was too much for them, to accommodate me... I refused the offer of being put up in a pet friendly hotel.. I shudder at the thought of it.. Geoffrey under a hotel room bed--- on top of and under a hotel bedspread--- going into corners... licking the plastic shower curtain--- It all gives me the creeps.. All it would take was one flea, or ant, or roach.. who knows what type of disinfecting they do, after each dog.. Yes, dog... They say cats are not allowed, but they have accommodated a cat from my building when her apartment had water damage.. But, leaving Geoffrey in his carrier while I went out for breakfast, lunch, dinner... (in case housekeeping opened the door), is not my type of a good time.
Geoffrey would be even more stressed out.. and me too... We could also be surrounded by dogs.

The hotel does not require any proof of vaccinations, Vet visits, etc.. and it is not far from Logan Airport-- same city as me..
Lots of people passing through it.

So they are replacing windows in another apartment. I have the gabapentin. Have not tried it yet. The apartment is one floor below me. I am certain I will hear the noise. I also have a dental appointment for a replacement crown, during this time.. So I will be home with Geoffrey, eating mush... mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, soft bread & butter, and then slowly move on. I hate dental work.. I am expecting the worst. I have bad teeth-- combo genetics and poor dentistry when I was small.

I should go.. and cuddle for a bit with Geoffrey. If I do not cuddle daily, he gets upset.. spoiled cat!!
IMG_1490.jpeg
IMG_1476.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for thinking of us.. Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. still having in there. I am also.
Geoffrey is becoming more and more clingy, and vocal-- If, that is possible. Sometimes I want to tell him to be quiet, but I would never do so. It is his way of relating to me. I kind of like it. We do have conversations back and forth. He is so darn cute..and sweet. Has occasional zoomies.. chasing tail, while on the top level of his cat tree.. sometimes just running through the apartment.. but not for long. He still cannot get the idea of 'chase', 'hide & seek", or even batting a ball back and forth.. Not like Artie did... I guess it was something he really missed out one when young. He just does not 'get it'..
He still loves his PICKLE!!

I had to throw out a couple of wand toys because the stuff covering both Da Mouse and Da Bee, was bristle brush like. Geoffrey was licking and swallowing the toys. This caused him to vomit, and vomit. It was not until I saw the bristles in the vomit, did I put 2 and 2 together. One day, G had 4 episodes of vomiting in a few hours.. two of them was when I was on the phone with Dr B's secretary.
He is not happy about losing his 2 favorite toys. I cannot find another one for him--- without bristles, fur, or feathers. I even tried cutting the feathers off of 2 wand toys. Nope.. not the same... sigh
But, he has had one episode of vomiting last week. It was digested food-- thinking fur was inside it.. it is that season.

His behavior is changing. For the past 3 weeks he has refused his breakfast. Initially I thought it was because he had a tummy ache from the toys... then that subsided.. Then I thought he was fussing because he wants new food. I am now mixing the Rawz rabbit with the Prescription RC rabbit. That worked for a tiny bit.. then back to refusing breakfast, altogether.. very weird. I cannot put my finger on why this would happen. He gets Zofran twice a day, nibbles on dry food, until I go to bed; then he is stuck to me like glue, in bed.. The dry is still out for him, but rarely gets touched when I am in bed.

Since he takes meds, and I do not want to give on an empty stomach, I am waiting until he is under my 'tent" ( under my bedspread) every late morning, and take food over to him. Sometimes he will eat it.. and unfortunately, as in yesterday, I had to give his meds on an empty stomach-- Zofran and Budesonide. He will then eat, later... when I bring it over to him.
So weird.
He is just not hungry.. weird..

He is eating the dry food, but not as much as he did in the past. Yes, he has lost a tiny bit of weight. He was getting really pudgy--- 14.5 lbs at the Vets. I did decrease the dose of daily (nightly) Mirataz, by 1/2.. That should not stop him from eating breakfast.
I am doing this, because I want to see how much it is helping him, and I do not want him to build up a tolerance to Mirataz.
Keeping the full dose for when he may need it.

He is sweet.. except when cutting his claws.. then he turns into a devil.. I have to use the phrase; "Stop it".. I came across that accidentally. I think his prior owner taught him that phrase.. God knows what he did when he said it.. But when I say it, in a stern voice; Geoffrey stops what he is doing and quiets done.. He is also afraid of paper in my hand. So.....

Speaking of him and meds, I have to cut and put together some Zofran capsules today. I am getting low. I need a new script.

His last Vet Visit was ok. HIs slight anemia was improved. Some slightly abnormal blood cel readings, but I am not going to question them. He has too much going on. Even Dr B said that we are maintaining him, not changing his meds around, or even trying another ultrasound, unless it is absolutely necessary.

His fur loss along his spine is much more marked. I cannot tell if this is from stress or steroid. Vet feels it is stress related.
I did get some liquid gabapentin for construction noises in here.. They were going to replace my windows.. yup.. but changed their mind. It was a prototype of new windows for the building. I guess giving us temporary housing in a different apartment was too much for them, to accommodate me... I refused the offer of being put up in a pet friendly hotel.. I shudder at the thought of it.. Geoffrey under a hotel room bed--- on top of and under a hotel bedspread--- going into corners... licking the plastic shower curtain--- It all gives me the creeps.. All it would take was one flea, or ant, or roach.. who knows what type of disinfecting they do, after each dog.. Yes, dog... They say cats are not allowed, but they have accommodated a cat from my building when her apartment had water damage.. But, leaving Geoffrey in his carrier while I went out for breakfast, lunch, dinner... (in case housekeeping opened the door), is not my type of a good time.
Geoffrey would be even more stressed out.. and me too... We could also be surrounded by dogs.

The hotel does not require any proof of vaccinations, Vet visits, etc.. and it is not far from Logan Airport-- same city as me..
Lots of people passing through it.

So they are replacing windows in another apartment. I have the gabapentin. Have not tried it yet. The apartment is one floor below me. I am certain I will hear the noise. I also have a dental appointment for a replacement crown, during this time.. So I will be home with Geoffrey, eating mush... mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, soft bread & butter, and then slowly move on. I hate dental work.. I am expecting the worst. I have bad teeth-- combo genetics and poor dentistry when I was small.

I should go.. and cuddle for a bit with Geoffrey. If I do not cuddle daily, he gets upset.. spoiled cat!!
View attachment 447357View attachment 447358
Awwww, handsome Geoffrey! He looks very well. I hope that once things calm down in your building you both will be able to de-stress and have some good, relaxing time together. Life is so full of stress these days! My water heater project, when it happens, is a case in point. My laundry room is small and houses -- what else? -- the washer and dryer. The Gas Co. says they need 3' clearance to work on the heater. But they do not move the appliances. So I have to find and hire someone to move them, and then move them back when the heater project is done. This means money, of course, plus the logistics of getting them, having them here when the gas/electric are shut off, and then the reverse. I am sick just thinking about it.
Have you thought of a Cat Dancer wand toy for Geoffrey? They're very affordable, widely available, and quite durable. They are made of a paper substance on a wire. No feathers. You might also want to look at hauspanther.com where there is a wide variety of toys. Kate, the site owner, is wonderful! and their own toys are carefully manufactured. She also has other toys featured on the site that she thoroughly investigates. There may be something good there for Geoffrey.
I have several types of wand toys. Cat Dancer and da Bird (feathers) have been the longtime favorites. Others have small "prey" lures but they are not favorites.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for suggesting that site. It seems to have some good information; however, I am not a fan of Etsy. I got scammed the first time I tried to purchase anything from them. It was during the pandemic.. and I have not been back there since.

Geoffrey was really good yesterday. He ate a bit more of his breakfast while I was at Mass. Then he refused the rest of it.. He was a pain, wanting different food. I gave in early, with the dry food. It was a holiday., so why not? It was so quiet in the building, both Saturday and Sunday.. And the Beach was also quiet. He had a wonderful, relaxing day.
It seems I have to cuddle with him daily.. almost like an afternoon nap!! He loves the quiet. I do also; both of us are different people when it is quiet.

He was a happy kitty, yesterday. Kept jumping on my lap during the mid afternoon-- until I started cooking.

When he wanted me to cuddle and play with him in my bedroom, I had to say: "No, I do not live in here, like you. I only sleep here". "You need to come out and live in the living room, more."

Tomorrow, I will not be home for several hours. Having a replacement dental crown done-- I fear it. I have a lot of soft food in the house for after the dental work... fingers crossed that I do not need a root canal.. or it needs to be pulled.. It will be a last minute decision. It is an upper molar. I had pulled a lower molar, decades ago.

And the construction with the new windows-- apartment below me, will begin.. I dread that also..
Pictures from yesterday:
IMG_1496.jpeg
IMG_1497.jpeg

He sleeps, using my hand or my wrist, or forearm as a pillow......

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for suggesting that site. It seems to have some good information; however, I am not a fan of Etsy. I got scammed the first time I tried to purchase anything from them. It was during the pandemic.. and I have not been back there since.

Geoffrey was really good yesterday. He ate a bit more of his breakfast while I was at Mass. Then he refused the rest of it.. He was a pain, wanting different food. I gave in early, with the dry food. It was a holiday., so why not? It was so quiet in the building, both Saturday and Sunday.. And the Beach was also quiet. He had a wonderful, relaxing day.
It seems I have to cuddle with him daily.. almost like an afternoon nap!! He loves the quiet. I do also; both of us are different people when it is quiet.

He was a happy kitty, yesterday. Kept jumping on my lap during the mid afternoon-- until I started cooking.

When he wanted me to cuddle and play with him in my bedroom, I had to say: "No, I do not live in here, like you. I only sleep here". "You need to come out and live in the living room, more."

Tomorrow, I will not be home for several hours. Having a replacement dental crown done-- I fear it. I have a lot of soft food in the house for after the dental work... fingers crossed that I do not need a root canal.. or it needs to be pulled.. It will be a last minute decision. It is an upper molar. I had pulled a lower molar, decades ago.

And the construction with the new windows-- apartment below me, will begin.. I dread that also..
Pictures from yesterday:
View attachment 447434View attachment 447435

He sleeps, using my hand or my wrist, or forearm as a pillow......
What a SWEET little mancatto :redheartpump: :redcat: :redheartpump: :catlove: Elvis uses my left wrist as a chin rest when we're in the office. It makes it hard to work but I love it!
EVERYONE is different when it's quiet. Whether society at large admits it or not, noise is very detrimental to our systems. Especially loud, prolonged noise.
Wishing you the best on your dental.

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear this. I am glad you were an attentive cat mom and caught it early. Hopefully that will make all the difference. ❤

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has been a while.. I am kind of afraid to post.. It seems that I kind of 'jinx' things.

It is just about a year since Geoffrey's diagnosis. His endoscopy with biopsy was around this time, last year. We had to wait another 10 days for the PARR test, and then another wait to get the chlorambucil..

Fingers crossed🤞 he is ok... I am giving him the older cases of food, because of the formula change-- and I want to rotate them. He has been eating them; going back and forth to favoring the dry more and then back to the canned.
He does have episodes of vomiting.. some with a bit of loose fur, other times with just bile. The Bile is new. I still do a daily brushing.
He has not had a dental.
After his last semi prolonged episode of vomiting-- which I think was from the Rawz food (weird). He is not needed any miralax or laxatone. So strange. Geoffrey is having a bowel movement twice a day!

I am really trying to completely wean him off the daily Mirataz. He is now down to 1/4 of a dose. I can really see the decrease in appetite, and some weight loss. He was chunky..He is also getting more and more anxious. Mirataz is an anti depressant/anti anxiety drug, for humans. I live on the beach, and it is beach time.. the noise is incredible. I now have wild youngsters living next to me in the private home.. Their moms allow them to go wild outside.. screaming..
All of this is effecting Geoffrey. and me...
Geoffrey seems to jump at every noise. The IMVet wants me to discontinue the Mirataz, saving it for when he really needs it... and we will deal with his anxiety, later...

Geoffrey is so clingy!! He definitely wants hugs.. and cuddles.. all day long!! When out for an extended period of time, he cries for me, upon my return... and greets me at the door!! and Yells at me. He really misses his mama!! ❤😻

We having daily morning play sessions. I have thrown out any wand toy which has pieces he may swallow. He is not happy with the selection. We play every morning, as soon as I get up, before breakfast. We have our routine. He waits for me, looking at my desk, (where I keep the wand toys), while I take my morning pills and put the TV on. He is patient, and knows our routine. and he is so smart. He knows so many words..

He is still a sweet boy.. but is getting a bit feisty when I brush him at the wrong spot!!
Geoffrey still makes me laugh... he is so goofy at times!! and so sweet, rolling over, calling for cuddles, etc...

Geoffrey has somehow decided that his carrier is a 'safe' spot for him!! I have set up a folded thick towel in there, with a kind of roll in the back and front entrance. Geoffrey is using it a lot!! This is his way of being near me, but not on my lap.. weird.

King Geoffrey! on his throne! I came around the corner, going into my bedroom, and saw this!! I had to quietly laugh, while I got my phone to take a picture!! He is so cute...

IMG_1488.jpeg

I think he has some seasonal allergies. He has had some tears and some staining. First on the left eye, now, on the right eye. I wipe them with a damp tissue, twice daily.
I ordered some eye wipes for him.. poor thing.. It is a bad allergy season.
I know the Vet will not prescribe anything for him. I am afraid of using chamomile tea, as it is in the ragweed family, and I am allergic to ragweed. I do not drink it.

Thanks for asking about Geoffrey!!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has been a while.. I am kind of afraid to post.. It seems that I kind of 'jinx' things.

It is just about a year since Geoffrey's diagnosis. His endoscopy with biopsy was around this time, last year. We had to wait another 10 days for the PARR test, and then another wait to get the chlorambucil..

Fingers crossed🤞 he is ok... I am giving him the older cases of food, because of the formula change-- and I want to rotate them. He has been eating them; going back and forth to favoring the dry more and then back to the canned.
He does have episodes of vomiting.. some with a bit of loose fur, other times with just bile. The Bile is new. I still do a daily brushing.
He has not had a dental.
After his last semi prolonged episode of vomiting-- which I think was from the Rawz food (weird). He is not needed any miralax or laxatone. So strange. Geoffrey is having a bowel movement twice a day!

I am really trying to completely wean him off the daily Mirataz. He is now down to 1/4 of a dose. I can really see the decrease in appetite, and some weight loss. He was chunky..He is also getting more and more anxious. Mirataz is an anti depressant/anti anxiety drug, for humans. I live on the beach, and it is beach time.. the noise is incredible. I now have wild youngsters living next to me in the private home.. Their moms allow them to go wild outside.. screaming..
All of this is effecting Geoffrey. and me...
Geoffrey seems to jump at every noise. The IMVet wants me to discontinue the Mirataz, saving it for when he really needs it... and we will deal with his anxiety, later...

Geoffrey is so clingy!! He definitely wants hugs.. and cuddles.. all day long!! When out for an extended period of time, he cries for me, upon my return... and greets me at the door!! and Yells at me. He really misses his mama!! ❤😻

We having daily morning play sessions. I have thrown out any wand toy which has pieces he may swallow. He is not happy with the selection. We play every morning, as soon as I get up, before breakfast. We have our routine. He waits for me, looking at my desk, (where I keep the wand toys), while I take my morning pills and put the TV on. He is patient, and knows our routine. and he is so smart. He knows so many words..

He is still a sweet boy.. but is getting a bit feisty when I brush him at the wrong spot!!
Geoffrey still makes me laugh... he is so goofy at times!! and so sweet, rolling over, calling for cuddles, etc...

Geoffrey has somehow decided that his carrier is a 'safe' spot for him!! I have set up a folded thick towel in there, with a kind of roll in the back and front entrance. Geoffrey is using it a lot!! This is his way of being near me, but not on my lap.. weird.

King Geoffrey! on his throne! I came around the corner, going into my bedroom, and saw this!! I had to quietly laugh, while I got my phone to take a picture!! He is so cute...

View attachment 450306

I think he has some seasonal allergies. He has had some tears and some staining. First on the left eye, now, on the right eye. I wipe them with a damp tissue, twice daily.
I ordered some eye wipes for him.. poor thing.. It is a bad allergy season.
I know the Vet will not prescribe anything for him. I am afraid of using chamomile tea, as it is in the ragweed family, and I am allergic to ragweed. I do not drink it.

Thanks for asking about Geoffrey!!
Blue is definitely Geoffrey's color (complimentary to orange) :redheartpump: :redcat: :redheartpump: Of course things aren't perfect, but all in all, it sounds like he is doing pretty well. Maybe he thinks of his carrier as a refuge from the noise next door. Hopefully being in there does block some of it and make him feel cocooned in softness and comfort and safe haven. *Don't we wish we had something like that?*
It's a double-edged sword with calmatives. I know all too well. We feel we need them in a world like this, but they have serious side-and-after effects. What to do? Play sessions sure can't hurt!
In my lifelong experience, cats do regurgitate, even throw up, from time to time. I don't worry as long as it's "from time to time."
SNORGLES on your handsome mancatto!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.. We are ok... for me, lots of medical and dental stuff..
I am really superstitious about writing on this thread! It seems each time I do, an issue crops up, and we have to see IMVet.

Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. good and bad days...
It has been a continuous year since we started the Chlorambucil. Time flies; yet it seems such a long time with this routine.
Geoffrey has lost a significant amount of fur along his spine-- mostly from mid spine down.. This patch is growing. I think it is from the steroid. I am not going to ask IMVet to reduce the dose.
His personality is a bit different. At times, he is a bit feisty.. not much, really, just a bite or scratch if nails are long. And it happens when I touch a no-no area, or lift my arm the wrong way towards him. Or if I really have a hard time cutting his claws.
G has become even more anxious to noises.. He is afraid of the AC unit, the fans, and loud noises. Even the crinkling of a plastic water bottle, makes him jump.

My bedroom is definitely his room. He is not spending as much time as he had, under the bed, or in his 'tent'. Instead, he is in a 'corner' between 2 pieces of furniture. I have a towel placed down there for him. It is quiet, and kind of his 'hidey" corner: Dark, secluded, yet open.

He is still a cuddle bug.. but spending a lot of evening cuddle time in his carrier; which is in the living room. Geoffrey uses it as a bed.. weird cat!

Geoffrey is still good with medicine. He gives a cry, but... on the whole, he is a really good boy. The Veterinary staff all say so..

All in all, he is doing ok.. I have reduced the dose of the mirataz to just the days that he gets the chlorambucil; every other day. The dose of the mirataz is reduced to 1/3 of the dose. This seems to work for him. We decided that he needs the mirataz. Without it, his appetite plunges.

The IMVet, trusts me with handling and dosing his meds. He said I have a good understanding of things. He trusts me. I still give weekly updates. We have not changed his meds, since September.

Geoffrey is still vomiting.. It is now about ever 2 weeks.. sometimes there is some loose fur, other times, none.. sometimes, when his tummy is empty, there is bile. That is new, over the past few months. He never vomited bile before. Keeping him on the mirataz is to keep his stomach from being completely empty when I pill him.
To look at him, you would never think he had SCL, except for the fur loss. He is a chunker! His weight is steady at 13.2 lbs. I stopped his Miralax.. Many days he has 2 bowel movements!
Still back to the RC rabbit food, both wet and dry. I am using up my stock.

Geoffrey also gets his daily zoomies!! usually late afternoon! He is very vocal, and calls me for attention and cuddles.
He is so keyed into our morning routine, that if I skip brushing him, or a morning cuddle session, he looks at me quizzically. Sweet boy..

Geoffrey still loves his 'Pickle"!! and he loves a certain blanket of mine... My little boy has discovered puberty! I catch him getting "Happy" on this certain blanket!! He knows what he is doing! If I shoo him off, he grumbles, looks at me, and tries to avoid the blanket for the rest of the day! If he goes to it, he looks at me, trying to see how much he can get away with!!

I am not going to say anything...afraid of the jinx!!

One of the major routes into the City (IMVet) is closed for 2 months for major repairs. They are saying to expect the commute into Boston to take 2 extra hours!! not good for Vet appointments. Trying to keep Geoffrey away from any exams. I picked up extra meds in June..

I am using his IMVet exclusively; due to my constant interaction with him. While having a local Vet would be more convenient, his case is complicated. Since Geoffrey is so anxious, I do not want to subject him to another Vet appointment.. They are hard to get, and they refer emergencies to the Hospitals or Urgent Care. The IMVEt is part of a major hospital, so I am going that route.

When I am out of the apartment for an extended period of time. I get greeted, and Yelled at!! for leaving him!! Yes, I am well trained! Geoffrey also calls me when he wants cuddles. uses his litter box.. or wants it cleaned!! or when he wants his dry food!!
IMG_1496.jpeg

Right now, Geoffrey is stretched out on my unmade bed, waiting for me to walk in. He will meow at me, get down and slowly walk over to his 'brushing' spot. Then I make the bed, wash dishes, usually cuddle with him, then shower.. Today we may miss the cuddles.. Bocce is going on... and I am late moving my butt.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.. We are ok... for me, lots of medical and dental stuff..
I am really superstitious about writing on this thread! It seems each time I do, an issue crops up, and we have to see IMVet.

Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. good and bad days...
It has been a continuous year since we started the Chlorambucil. Time flies; yet it seems such a long time with this routine.
Geoffrey has lost a significant amount of fur along his spine-- mostly from mid spine down.. This patch is growing. I think it is from the steroid. I am not going to ask IMVet to reduce the dose.
His personality is a bit different. At times, he is a bit feisty.. not much, really, just a bite or scratch if nails are long. And it happens when I touch a no-no area, or lift my arm the wrong way towards him. Or if I really have a hard time cutting his claws.
G has become even more anxious to noises.. He is afraid of the AC unit, the fans, and loud noises. Even the crinkling of a plastic water bottle, makes him jump.

My bedroom is definitely his room. He is not spending as much time as he had, under the bed, or in his 'tent'. Instead, he is in a 'corner' between 2 pieces of furniture. I have a towel placed down there for him. It is quiet, and kind of his 'hidey" corner: Dark, secluded, yet open.

He is still a cuddle bug.. but spending a lot of evening cuddle time in his carrier; which is in the living room. Geoffrey uses it as a bed.. weird cat!

Geoffrey is still good with medicine. He gives a cry, but... on the whole, he is a really good boy. The Veterinary staff all say so..

All in all, he is doing ok.. I have reduced the dose of the mirataz to just the days that he gets the chlorambucil; every other day. The dose of the mirataz is reduced to 1/3 of the dose. This seems to work for him. We decided that he needs the mirataz. Without it, his appetite plunges.

The IMVet, trusts me with handling and dosing his meds. He said I have a good understanding of things. He trusts me. I still give weekly updates. We have not changed his meds, since September.

Geoffrey is still vomiting.. It is now about ever 2 weeks.. sometimes there is some loose fur, other times, none.. sometimes, when his tummy is empty, there is bile. That is new, over the past few months. He never vomited bile before. Keeping him on the mirataz is to keep his stomach from being completely empty when I pill him.
To look at him, you would never think he had SCL, except for the fur loss. He is a chunker! His weight is steady at 13.2 lbs. I stopped his Miralax.. Many days he has 2 bowel movements!
Still back to the RC rabbit food, both wet and dry. I am using up my stock.

Geoffrey also gets his daily zoomies!! usually late afternoon! He is very vocal, and calls me for attention and cuddles.
He is so keyed into our morning routine, that if I skip brushing him, or a morning cuddle session, he looks at me quizzically. Sweet boy..

Geoffrey still loves his 'Pickle"!! and he loves a certain blanket of mine... My little boy has discovered puberty! I catch him getting "Happy" on this certain blanket!! He knows what he is doing! If I shoo him off, he grumbles, looks at me, and tries to avoid the blanket for the rest of the day! If he goes to it, he looks at me, trying to see how much he can get away with!!

I am not going to say anything...afraid of the jinx!!

One of the major routes into the City (IMVet) is closed for 2 months for major repairs. They are saying to expect the commute into Boston to take 2 extra hours!! not good for Vet appointments. Trying to keep Geoffrey away from any exams. I picked up extra meds in June..

I am using his IMVet exclusively; due to my constant interaction with him. While having a local Vet would be more convenient, his case is complicated. Since Geoffrey is so anxious, I do not want to subject him to another Vet appointment.. They are hard to get, and they refer emergencies to the Hospitals or Urgent Care. The IMVEt is part of a major hospital, so I am going that route.

When I am out of the apartment for an extended period of time. I get greeted, and Yelled at!! for leaving him!! Yes, I am well trained! Geoffrey also calls me when he wants cuddles. uses his litter box.. or wants it cleaned!! or when he wants his dry food!! View attachment 453967

Right now, Geoffrey is stretched out on my unmade bed, waiting for me to walk in. He will meow at me, get down and slowly walk over to his 'brushing' spot. Then I make the bed, wash dishes, usually cuddle with him, then shower.. Today we may miss the cuddles.. Bocce is going on... and I am late moving my butt.
Thanks for the basically good UPdate! I can just see Geoffrey "getting happy" with his (YOUR) blankie and then letting you know he's NOT happy when you shoo him off of it :angrycat:So cute and funny! You may have seen my posts about Elvis deciding to make our beloved angel Tarifa his girlfriend. Both of them were/are neutered, of course. Tar, in her usual amazingly friendly fashion, endured it, though I'm not sure how she felt about it. Sweet angel Suha was shocked. 🙀
Of course we can't be sure how steroids affect cats' moods but we do know about "roid rage" and I experienced it firsthand via my ex. He was just about impossible to have any kind of interaction with once he was on those.
Geoffrey looks VERY handsome and healthy!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update artiemom artiemom , I have been thinking about you guys lately.
No jinxing allowed! It sounds like he's doing very well considering with your care. Now, I hope YOUR health improves some, too.
Naughty G and his blankie...Goof has done this a few times and it's pretty obvious what he's doing. :lol:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, somehow Geoffrey found a piece of cellophane from the packaging of Dove bar soap. Of course, I did not know this, until I found it in his Vomit!! dam Cat....
He is so funny with our routines.
Morning: As soon as I get up, he waits in front of my desk, in living room, (wand toys are in there) for me to pull out a toy to play with him!! Visits me in the BR to tell me his litter box needs scooping.
Sees me, after breakfast and immediately waits for me at our 'brushing' station!

Late afternoon, is Zoomie time.. a bit of a chase, jumping on cat tree, and plopping down for head bops.

At bedtime, he sees me going to BR, walks into my bedroom and waits for me to get into bed. Sometimes he is premature, so I tell him; " Not now BoBo.. Not yet, Baby"... and he walks back into the living room to wait for me to return to recliner.
Some nights, I do not even get to lie comfortably in bed, and he is already there, waiting to cuddle..

He knows the word, 'Cuddle".. he really does. He knows what it means. I would say that 9 times out of 10, when I say that word, he comes over to me..

When he is done with the wet food, and knows it is time for the dry, (afternoon), Geoffrey will become a pain, even jumping on kitchen counter and walking over to table, looking for something. It is a way to get my attention-- To tell me he has had 'Enough" of his wet food...

He is really a sweet baby. Frightened, anxious, but so sweet.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so glad to read that Geoffrey is doing well, a year into his diagnosis. I'm sure most of that is due to the wonderful human that adopted him. He was lucky when you chose him to be your current fur baby. Or did he choose you? :winkcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, somehow Geoffrey found a piece of cellophane from the packaging of Dove bar soap. Of course, I did not know this, until I found it in his Vomit!! dam Cat....
He is so funny with our routines.
Morning: As soon as I get up, he waits in front of my desk, in living room, (wand toys are in there) for me to pull out a toy to play with him!! Visits me in the BR to tell me his litter box needs scooping.
Sees me, after breakfast and immediately waits for me at our 'brushing' station!

Late afternoon, is Zoomie time.. a bit of a chase, jumping on cat tree, and plopping down for head bops.

At bedtime, he sees me going to BR, walks into my bedroom and waits for me to get into bed. Sometimes he is premature, so I tell him; " Not now BoBo.. Not yet, Baby"... and he walks back into the living room to wait for me to return to recliner.
Some nights, I do not even get to lie comfortably in bed, and he is already there, waiting to cuddle..

He knows the word, 'Cuddle".. he really does. He knows what it means. I would say that 9 times out of 10, when I say that word, he comes over to me..

When he is done with the wet food, and knows it is time for the dry, (afternoon), Geoffrey will become a pain, even jumping on kitchen counter and walking over to table, looking for something. It is a way to get my attention-- To tell me he has had 'Enough" of his wet food...

He is really a sweet baby. Frightened, anxious, but so sweet.
He has you very well trained, doesn't he? But one question. You say "my bedroom." Are you sure about that? Around here, it's always been well known that everything belongs to CATS. They're sweet, kind, and magnaniMOUSE enough to let me use/share. :winkcat: But I've always known whose bedroom it is. ;)
I hope that little piece of cellophane is all Geoffrey ate!