Gas Line Explosion In Massachusetts

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Speedy and @raysmyheart here, we are in Massachusetts but so thankfully have not been affected by the explosions. My heart and Prayers are with all who are hurt and displaced by the explosions and my Prayers for all who are responding to help. Thank you so much foxden foxden for this message to check on members here.
Praying for all in the Boston and surrounding areas, as I am sure gas fumes will travel on the wind. Please keep us posted, y'all. ♥♥♥

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a fund established for the people of Lawrence and all involved in he fires, explosions... They have received over $100,000 in 2 days.. they need more..

The Red Sox are taking up collections during all of their games.

It is the Greater Lawrence Relief Fund.. sorry I cannot get the link... Through TD Bank and the United Way...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a fund established for the people of Lawrence and all involved in he fires, explosions... They have received over $100,000 in 2 days.. they need more..

The Red Sox are taking up collections during all of their games.

It is the Greater Lawrence Relief Fund.. sorry I cannot get the link... Through TD Bank and the United Way...
artiemom artiemom - The link is live on the United Way page now:

https://unitedwayconnect.org/comm/S...9602D36244E5432736330283F67407E3E&DA=13316393

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
After listening to press conference last night the problem could be from pressure sensors not installed on new piping that they were installing. This was according to a dig up of one of the 14 regulators. The other thing is something I read that maybe they put wrong hose/pipe on wrong area as there are two pressure pipes. One for 75psi (pounds per inch) and the other is .5 psi. Sooo my question is why didnt these regulators at each residence stop over pressurized gas from entering?! I hope the Senate does something to remove Columbia gas from operations in Massachusetts or something. They obviously incompetent. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by that company.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What about people who are on prescription medications - how are they supposed to get what they need?
The Red Cross is assisting them with scripts and such.. also, earlier, when it was a bit safer, the fire department were accompanying some people to pick up their scripts and a pet...

Yesterday morning, when I was dropping off my donation; the firefighter said they had a 'ton' of stuff. I saw cases of water, other things in the pile..

Target, Costco, BJ's, have all donated a ton of stuff...

There is a large local grocery chain: Market Basket, who originated in Lawrence area. They responded immediately with sandwiches, coffee, snacks, water-- for all the first responders.. and are still donating so much to them and the residents. They are a great company. This has done very quietly, without fanfare.. they just "Did"....

The story about Market Baskets: over a family dispute as to who was in charge, after the owner died; and the sleezy family members did a coup over the current CEO...Well, the workers went on STRIKE, for months, in support of the ousted CEO... Where do you find that?? This happened a few years ago.. It was unbelievable...
And the Public boycotted MarketBasket, in support of Artie(ousted CEO)... Some Vendors also boycotted their shipment to the stores...

They originated as a family run business. and do a lot of community work.

FYI: While Andover and North Andover are affluent towns; Lawrence is a very poor city.. tons of immigrants, and is a Sanctuary City.. one of the first ones..
Quite a huge discrepancy on the populations of all three effected areas....

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Latest update is that electricity has been restored but there is still no gas service and may not be for several months. Recovery effort intensifies after wave of fire and gas explosions in Merrimack Valley - The Boston Globe

Columbia Gas has set up another claims center for affected residents to get reimbursed for hotel costs, property damage, child care, food, etc. I hope residents Kept their receipts for everything since last Thursday.
Hundreds wait at Columbia Gas claims center after explosions rock region Insurance stuff is handled separately.

Most of the pets staying at the MSPCA have returned to their owners:catrub:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still those regulators didn't function properly. There should be some kind of check valve or something to stop over pressurizing of lines. And why isn't there a monitoring system in mass? Why would it be in Ohio? Or was the system hacked.
Their distribution center is in Columbus OH which is why the monitoring is done here.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
What about people who are on prescription medications - how are they supposed to get what they need?

Margret
I heard that the Red Cross was helping with this with prescriptions.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Columbia gas,They still have to service 8000 homes I read from one source on Facebook...making sure gas lines are functioning but what about the appliances that could be damaged from this over pressurized gas line issue??

then would it be better to dig up all roads and install new lines? How would they know if any of those lines are even usable now that too much pressure went through those low pressure lines ..... what a mess!!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise