From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns down a good breakfast for that yuck. Guess one less of those things coming inside though. He seems ok though. I'm sure he ate worse being outside.

In fact right this minute Treasure is outside laying there looking very triumphant and proud of himself. No idea where Shaman took off to, probably under Mom's car. Storms moving in again and VFW people coming.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha he's a ham. Sopdet and the other cats have not returned. Poor babies. If Treasure isn't running them off Mom is. But I ran off Sopdet the other day when I saw Shaman's condition

Sadly I think the other 3 are gone forever which may be for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update:

I woke up at 1:30 in the morning hearing Treasure vocalizing angrily like he does with Ambrose or Cooper. Since it was so early and the alarm was by Mom (who suffers insomnia all her life) I didn't chance going outside to see if it was Cooper or Ambrose. I certainly hope Treasure didn't decide to get into a fight with a raccoon, which I doubt but then again I'm talking about Treasure who likes to fight anything that appears on the property. I don't leave food outside at night and haven't done so since May when I saw the family of 10 raccoons in the cat area. It wasn't Sopdet (that sadly I ran off early this week and haven't seen since) :( as Treasure gets along with her and Shaman doesn't vocalize except to me and Treasure. She never fights, she just runs and hides. Guess I'll find out what happened in 10 minutes. Friday schedules are different since Mom has her hair appointment and then grocery shopping.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Question:

Will an unopened can of cat food go bad if left in the car for a day? I forgot about 2 cans as I have to hide it from Mom and the store refuses to take it back as "I am at fault". They are the 13 oz of Friskies. Please, my cats are hungry. Thanks.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Question:

Will an unopened can of cat food go bad if left in the car for a day? I forgot about 2 cans as I have to hide it from Mom and the store refuses to take it back as "I am at fault". They are the 13 oz of Friskies. Please, my cats are hungry. Thanks.
I wouldn't think if it hasnt been opened...When it was left in car ..what was the temperature outside???Sorry I didn't see ure question until a second ago...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 90 degrees outside. 24 hours at that temp. Windows were rolled up. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Where on can? Sorry so dense. I looked all over can before asking to see if it says anything and it doesn't. :( The cats are hungry and I can't leave house until 5 hours from now (work related)

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok..Most cans say keep at room temperature via unopened...
Hmm. And I thought Friskies was a good brand per several mods on here. Guess not becuase it does not have it. It just says refrigerate unused portion :(

I'd call Purina but since they're that unreliable they'd just say something to get more money out of me. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. And I thought Friskies was a good brand per several mods on here. Guess not becuase it does not have it. It just says refrigerate unused portion :(
Ok...just looked it up online..unopened wet canned food shud be kept at temperature below 85 degrees...but this is for summer temps

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
So if was 90 outside...with Windows rolled up probably...100 or more in car....and for that length of time...doesnt sound good...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So if was 90 outside...with Windows rolled up probably...100 or more in car....and for that length of time...doesnt sound good...
Surprise: Purina said that it should be fine. Just a bit watery but unless normal temps went up to 100 degrees and the food was in the car for 4 days or more it should be fine.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe some other members will chime in...soon...i know the kitties are hungry..Can u try n start a conversation with just one member who u have been talking to alot..i find on here sometimes its easier n quicker to get an answer like that

Status
Not open for further replies.