From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll stock up on that as well since I may get tired of eating pumpkin all the time

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have 4 (15 oz) cans of pumpkin. And Shaman seems to still be having issues with furballs. Mom won't let me freeze the pumpkin/or cat food (ugh always her being an obstacle), so I'm at a loss. There's no way I'll be eating 14.8 oz a day but I may give Shaman pumpkin a bit more often then Treasure. No money for more cat food as I bought 2 months worth of food for them last week so I'm depleted on funds. Ugh Any ideas when you have a crazy lady for a Mom?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman will eat it. I’m asking about how to store it

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can’t keep it cold (ice pack and insulated lunchbox? Didn’t you have insulated grocery bags a while ago?) then I wouldn’t eat it after a day or so.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. If you have no way of keeping it cold, it will be wasted. Didn’t you have insulated grocery bags? Could you put an ice pack in them to help it maybe last another day?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but they only get 1/8 teaspoon a day. Cans no smaller than 15 oz.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And as stated crazy woman won’t let me use the freezer

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Then there will be wasted pumpkin. I don’t have a way of keeping an open can of pumpkin fresh without also keeping it cold. And I’m actually a thermal engineer, lol.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like if you have no means of cooling it down, you can probably keep the opened pumpkin at room temperature for 2-3 days.

“An opened can on the other hand, can last from 2 days up to 3 days when stored at room temperature, assuming that you placed it in another container. If refrigerated, an opened can of pumpkin can last from 5 days up to a whole week. When frozen solid and put in an airtight container, a can of pumpkin can las from 2 months up to 3 months.”

How Long Does Canned Pumpkin Last? All You Need To Know

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like if you have no means of cooling it down, you can probably keep the opened pumpkin at room temperature for 2-3 days.

“An opened can on the other hand, can last from 2 days up to 3 days when stored at room temperature, assuming that you placed it in another container. If refrigerated, an opened can of pumpkin can last from 5 days up to a whole week. When frozen solid and put in an airtight container, a can of pumpkin can las from 2 months up to 3 months.”

How Long Does Canned Pumpkin Last? All You Need To Know
Thank you. That helps. I wasn't home at the time. And my Chromebook keeps crashing on me or I could have looked that up myself. Thanks again :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why I have to go through this nonsense every day with crazy woman. She does not listen to reason. Shaman and Treasure were outside playing and as most of us know, a lot of times that involves play fighting. She's upstairs screaming and carrying on about how these two are obviously dangerous to the neighborhood since they turned on each other. I told her this is how cats play but she's calling me liar, pack my stuff and move out and all that stuff. Nothing here changes. Sorry for the vent.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a very horrible situation. I can't do this anymore. The constant stress gets to me.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately you are in a tough situation. Try and find some time for yourself if you can go destress. :vibes::heartshape:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I can't leave the house as she can't be left alone in case she falls. And also, sadly I need to work 18 hours a day on surveys if I want to feed the cats.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I understand, which is why so difficult. But even if you are inside, try and take even 10 min doing something that relaxes you.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose it's time to give names to Noobs 1 and Noobs 2. I thought they belonged to someone (each) but obviously not as they're always here. Noobs 2 was familiar with all the han motions of come here though so he belonged to someone at one time. Noobs 1 came up to me an hour ago whining because Treasure is always running him away from the food bowl. Sheesh sneaking food to the cats is bad enough keeping from Mom now I have to sneak food the Noobs 1 and 2 so Treasure doesn't see?

Status
Not open for further replies.