From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish someone would answer me about what could be going on with Treasure and Sopdet but I keep getting ignored on this. Once again, Sopdet appears at the other end of the property and Treasure turned on Shaman, almost clawing out her eyes and then took off with Sopdet. I'm getting to where I don't like Sopdet at all and just wish she'd go away somewhere. And maybe Treasure could just leave with Sopdet too as I don't even want to look at him right now. This has been going on for over a week and the vet ruled out illness.

Why is he chasing her if they are all 3 fixed? I've been asking since this tragedy started last week and get no answers. I can't keep taking these cats to the vet because of these tragedies. I barely have the money. I'm really really on verge of giving up this endeavor with the cats. :(

As it stands, right now I have to go through bushes that are dangerous and I could possibly die looking for Shaman so I can take her to the vet. Maybe I sound mean wanting Sopdet to leave but everytime she shows up this happens.

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish someone would answer me about what could be going on with Treasure and Sopdet but I keep getting ignored on this. Once again, Sopdet appears at the other end of the property and Treasure turned on Shaman, almost clawing out her eyes and then took off with Sopdet. I'm getting to where I don't like Sopdet at all and just wish she'd go away somewhere. And maybe Treasure could just leave with Sopdet too as I don't even want to look at him right now. This has been going on for over a week and the vet ruled out illness.

Why is he chasing her if they are all 3 fixed? I've been asking since this tragedy started last week and get no answers. I can't keep taking these cats to the vet because of these tragedies. I barely have the money. I'm really really on verge of giving up this endeavor with the cats. :(

As it stands, right now I have to go through bushes that are dangerous and I could possibly die looking for Shaman so I can take her to the vet. Maybe I sound mean wanting Sopdet to leave but everytime she shows up this happens.
I haven't read ure situation about those 2 cats yet..whats going on????3 cats...Im sorry....Basics...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So 2 cats that are/were best buddies all of a sudden turn on one another. They are also littermates. Of all the 5 feral cats in the colony Treasure has (up to this past week) allowed only Shaman. Just this last week he let Sopdet appear. This is when the problems start. As soon as Sopdet is seen 1/4 acre away Treasure turns around, tears the heck out of Shaman and then takes off to play with Sopdet. I have taken both Treasure and Shaman to the vet several times and neither one or ill or dying. They both were given clean bill of health. Both 5 years of age. I really don't understand. Nothing happens in between. The two were just laying there resting and then bam let's beat up Shaman. My heart is breaking in two and I'm really on the verge of just giving them all away and not dealing with it anymore. I'm also at the point I hope and pray Sopdet takes off and never ever returns and getting to the point I hope Treasure goes with her.

All of these cats have been TNRd 18 months ago. They all have visibly tipped ears, so why are they acting like cats in heat? I don't get it and vets here in St Louis are not even answering to me what could be causing this. I know cats don't think like humans do but can't Treasure just go to the other side of the yard to play with Sopdet and let Shaman rest like she wants? I'm crying over this situation. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry the situation was posted on this thread but I'll copy and paste:

So 2 cats that are/were best buddies all of a sudden turn on one another. They are also littermates. Of all the 5 feral cats in the colony Treasure has (up to this past week) allowed only Shaman. Just this last week he let Sopdet appear. This is when the problems start. As soon as Sopdet is seen 1/4 acre away Treasure turns around, tears the heck out of Shaman and then takes off to play with Sopdet. I have taken both Treasure and Shaman to the vet several times and neither one or ill or dying. They both were given clean bill of health. Both 5 years of age. I really don't understand. Nothing happens in between. The two were just laying there resting and then bam let's beat up Shaman. My heart is breaking in two and I'm really on the verge of just giving them all away and not dealing with it anymore. I'm also at the point I hope and pray Sopdet takes off and never ever returns and getting to the point I hope Treasure goes with her.

All of these cats have been TNRd 18 months ago. They all have visibly tipped ears, so why are they acting like cats in heat? I don't get it and vets here in St Louis are not even answering to me what could be causing this. I know cats don't think like humans do but can't Treasure just go to the other side of the yard to play with Sopdet and let Shaman rest like she wants? I'm crying over this situation. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like its a change of attitude with the cats...Meaning...just cause the cats been acting a certain way..dont mean that's the way they going to be...all the time..from what ive read u deal with alot of cats????

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Weren't you speaking with a neighbor in regards to adopting Sopdet? Would that work?
Neighbor's husband said no because Sopdet is too feral.

This may really sound mean and cruel, but a part of me is hoping that all 5 of these cats mosie 3 blocks away to the other neighbor for food for now on. Mom hates these cats to begin with and her seeing this is not endearing her to them. Not that I really blame the cats they are acting like cats, but something has to be going on. Obviously my TNR group lied. I doubt fixed cats act like they're in heat

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Two at the most. Every so often one of the other 3 will wander in.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure despises Ambrose and Cooper. But he doesn't go attacking Shaman even though Shaman gets along with Ambrose and Cooper. Ambrose makes an appearance once every 2 or 3 weeks. He likes testing the goodies the neighbors throw out. Cooper appears maybe once a week. And Sopdet appears once a day, usually waiting til after Shaman has finished eating. Sopdet is not the one that attacks Shaman. Treasure is. And then the minute Sopdet is run off Treasure is back to being best friends with Shaman. Either way I'm at point I want them all gone because of this. Right now none of them are in sight. Maybe it would be best if they mosied on down the road to the neighbor 3 blocks away because to be honest, one of the reasons my Mom hates these cats is because of this latest situation.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure despises Ambrose and Cooper. But he doesn't go attacking Shaman even though Shaman gets along with Ambrose and Cooper. Ambrose makes an appearance once every 2 or 3 weeks. He likes testing the goodies the neighbors throw out. Cooper appears maybe once a week. And Sopdet appears once a day, usually waiting til after Shaman has finished eating. Sopdet is not the one that attacks Shaman. Treasure is. And then the minute Sopdet is run off Treasure is back to being best friends with Shaman. Either way I'm at point I want them all gone because of this. Right now none of them are in sight. Maybe it would be best if they mosied on down the road to the neighbor 3 blocks away because to be honest, one of the reasons my Mom hates these cats is because of this latest situation.
The attack????

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What I posted above just now? As soon as Sopdet appeared, Treasure ran over to Shaman, viciously attacked her and then goes running off playing with Sopdet.

So far none of them returned. And again, I kind of hope they never do no matter how much I love them.

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
What I posted above just now? As soon as Sopdet appeared, Treasure ran over to Shaman, viciously attacked her and then goes running off playing with Sopdet.
It sounds like CAT Attitude...and thats something..u cant change..the way they treat or feel about each other...All u can do is feed them n love them n take care of them the best u CAN...The REST like how they ACT towards each other...with what ever cat is around..u can't control ..how they will act..If u could..bring the cat in..that is being attacked..that would be GREAT..but from what u have said ure mom aint havn it...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I'm supposed to let them claw out the other cats eyes and injure them? This is what I've been posting about for the past week

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Have u tried lately to sit down with ure mom...calmly...n talk with her about THE cat situation

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I'm supposed to let them claw out the other cats eyes and injure them? This is what I've been posting about for the past week
NO..we dont want that to happen...but they are stray cats...Right????Can u get ure hands on the cat that is being attacked???

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, gosh, I'm sorry to hear that about the neighbor!

but a part of me is hoping that all 5 of these cats mosie 3 blocks away to the other neighbor for food for now on.
If you're serious about this, you could begin decreasing the food. I mentioned doing that to another member who stated they were sorry they'd started feeding and my thoughts weren't appreciated. But in any case, it isn't mean or cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.