Foster Cat Had Her Kittens This Am!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I missed that. If that was after you named them, good job!
Oh no worries! I couldn't remember if I ever posted the genders. Yes, I picked the names with the intention of them being gender-neutral...I had to kind of name everybody on the spot when they went to the vet. But I agree that it worked out well; Olive in particular is such a cute name for a girl!

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These babies are getting so big, so fun, so playful, and more expressive by the day. So fun to watch their little personalities develop! Lentil is my little lapcat, Chickpea is my shy, laid-back guy, and Olive is the boss.

IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

Mommy is doing great. Poor thing must be so exhausted. I am so excited for her to get fixed and get to live her own young kitty life in a new home!

IMG_7681.JPG

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
So precious! Lentil looks like he's dancing in those three shots. I hope someone adopts all of them together, or at least two kittens to one place & mama and the other kitten to a second place. You should provide all the baby kitten photos to whoever adopts them. This series you just posted is particularly great.

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So precious! Lentil looks like he's dancing in those three shots. I hope someone adopts all of them together, or at least two kittens to one place & mama and the other kitten to a second place. You should provide all the baby kitten photos to whoever adopts them. This series you just posted is particularly great.
I have an instagram account going for them (same handle - laurenfosters laurenfosters ) that to my surprise has garnered quite a following! I have lots of friends and acquaintances interested in adoption after following their photos & videos. I would love if they could go in pairs or all 3 together!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Is your mom still seriously considering taking mama? Would she take her with a kitten?

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is your mom still seriously considering taking mama? Would she take her with a kitten?
Yes, my parents are still considering adopting mommy, but no, they wouldn't take her with a kitten. They already had 4 cats and hadn't planned on getting even one more until they met mama kitty!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't heard any updates about sweet momma kitty and the precious "bean" litter. I'm guessing the kittens are about the age where the shelter wants them back? Did your parents adopt momma cat?

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't heard any updates about sweet momma kitty and the precious "bean" litter. I'm guessing the kittens are about the age where the shelter wants them back? Did your parents adopt momma cat?
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Thank you for asking about my little beans. ;) They're doing pretty well. They will be 8 weeks tomorrow! I will likely keep them until I leave for vacation on March 24, at which point they'll be about 11 weeks. Depending on how they're doing, they'll either go to their new homes (if they've found them by then), or they'll go to a separate temporary foster in the interim. :)

They seemed for a while to be totally weaned, but recently they have been a bit finicky with food. Chickpea has been to the vet twice inside the last three weeks, because he has stretches of 1-2 days where he will totally stop eating and drop weight. But both times the doctor has given him a perfect bill of health and said he's just through a phase, has sent me home with a can of a/d and a syringe, and that's about it. And sure enough, he eventually snaps out of it and after a day or two of syringe feeding he goes back to eating on his own.

I am currently going through this with a olive as well. The crazy thing is, their energy is through the roof! They're playing and bouncing off the walls every time I'm in their room. They seem happy and bright and alert as can be. No lethargy. Litterbox habits are fairly normal and no vomiting. So basically, they're acting completely normal, other than just showing no real interest in food. It's almost like they're too busy having fun to eat! But needless to say, it is worrying me a bit. I'll continue to syringe feed for as long as I need to - not sure what else I can really do.

Mama kitty is getting fixed this coming Wednesday! Very excited for her. She has been in heat off and on again for the past three (!!) weeks, so needless to say she is not nursing at all, and she seems soooo uncomfortable. Poor thing. I think she'll feel so much better once she's fixed!

I will post some photos tomorrow!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Thank you for asking about my little beans. ;) They're doing pretty well. They will be 8 weeks tomorrow! I will likely keep them until I leave for vacation on March 24, at which point they'll be about 11 weeks. Depending on how they're doing, they'll either go to their new homes (if they've found them by then), or they'll go to a separate temporary foster in the interim. :)

They seemed for a while to be totally weaned, but recently they have been a bit finicky with food. Chickpea has been to the vet twice inside the last three weeks, because he has stretches of 1-2 days where he will totally stop eating and drop weight. But both times the doctor has given him a perfect bill of health and said he's just through a phase, has sent me home with a can of a/d and a syringe, and that's about it. And sure enough, he eventually snaps out of it and after a day or two of syringe feeding he goes back to eating on his own.

I am currently going through this with a olive as well. The crazy thing is, their energy is through the roof! They're playing and bouncing off the walls every time I'm in their room. They seem happy and bright and alert as can be. No lethargy. Litterbox habits are fairly normal and no vomiting. So basically, they're acting completely normal, other than just showing no real interest in food. It's almost like they're too busy having fun to eat! But needless to say, it is worrying me a bit. I'll continue to syringe feed for as long as I need to - not sure what else I can really do.

Mama kitty is getting fixed this coming Wednesday! Very excited for her. She has been in heat off and on again for the past three (!!) weeks, so needless to say she is not nursing at all, and she seems soooo uncomfortable. Poor thing. I think she'll feel so much better once she's fixed!

I will post some photos tomorrow!
:yess: :clap: :camera::bliss: :clap2:

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been following your instagram! They are such cuties!
Likewise! It's been so fun to watch your little herbs grow up! You are doing an amazing job with them!

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok! Photos as promised. Unfortunately my little beans are headed to the vet this afternoon. Today is their fifth straight day of zero appetite and they had some diarrhea yesterday, so it's time to get checked out. I've been syringe feeding them, thinking/hoping the lack of appetite might be a side effect of the distemper vaccine they received last Sunday, but it's been going on way too long now and they're losing too much weight. Hopefully the vet can get them sorted! Luckily they are still happy, playing, alert, and you would assume they're very healthy just by watching them. I'll post an update after our visit.

All 3 babies yesterday on their 8 week birthday:
IMG_8573.JPG

With mama the last time she nursed them:
IMG_8175.JPG

Olive
IMG_8214.JPG
IMG_8377.JPG
IMG_8451.JPG

Chickpea
IMG_8255sm.jpg
IMG_8462.JPG
IMG_8580.JPG