Food recalls world wide by country

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recalls and an allergy alert (extra ones for today apparently)

USA - HAIFA SMOKED FISH of Jamaica, NY is recalling approximately 230 LB OF TURBOT COLD SMOKED 8 OZ PACKAGES LOT # 246, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

Dream Pops is voluntarily recalling select Dream Pops Bites products as they may contain undeclared milk. Those with an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume product contained inside the recalled products.

FDA repeating this one
December 20, 2021, Orlando, FL – Fresh Express is recalling certain varieties of its branded and private label salad products produced at the company’s Streamwood, Illinois facility because the product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More details about Fresh Express as a company, it's various brands, and past history.

Quick list brands affected -

Fresh Express, Inc. is a division of Chiquita Brands.
Affected brands include: Fresh Express, Giant Eagle, Little Salad Bar, Market District, Marketside, O Organics, Signature Farms, Simply Nature Organic, Weis Fresh From the Field, and Wellsley Farms Organic.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada = specific recalls for the Canadian frozen corn

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Germany - just be careful guys

Eating meat fondues and raclette grill meals contributes to the annual seasonal peak of Campylobacter cases in Germany, according to a study.

During such meals, raw meat is typically handled directly at the table and touched with bare hands and often includes chicken meat, which can be contaminated with Campylobacter.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada Recall
Fresh Express Inc. is recalling certain Fresh Express brand salad products from the marketplace because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The recalled products have been sold in the Canadian provinces of Manitoba and Ontario and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

Canadian officials have cleared avocados as the source behind an ongoing outbreak of Salmonella infections. They have determined the source of the Salmonella is frozen corn.

USA -The FDA, along with the CDC and state and local partners, is investigating a multistate outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes infections potentially linked to Dole packaged leafy greens. A recall has been initiated, but there is concern consumers may have unused portions in their homes.

A full list of recalled products is available on FDA’s website. In addition to Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc. brand products the recall includes salads packaged for Walmart, Kroger, and Lidl brands, among others.

Denmark is investigating an increase in the number of registered cases of a type of E. coli reported in the past month.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
USA - Alergy Alert - Joy’s International Foods of Melbourne, Florida is recalling the Joy’s Gourmet Bloody Mary Mix with best by date 08/18/2023, because it contains undeclared Soy & Fish. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Soy and Fish run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

Product was distributed at Sunshine Shop Cocoa Village, FL; Brownwood farmers market, Brownwood FL; New Smyrna farmers market, New Smyrna, FL; Ocala farmers market, Ocala, FL; and Indian Rocks Beach FL.

Joy’s Gourmet Bloody Mary Mix is in a tall 24Oz bottles with Best By: 08-18-2023 with a UPC 1 8132300064 6.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More notes on the Fresh Express recall and the Dole salad recalls ( if you have any of the stuff get rid of it and clean your fridge or anything it may have touched. Symptoms and when to call the doctor included. See below)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
More notes on the Fresh Express recall and the Dole salad recalls ( if you have any of the stuff get rid of it and clean your fridge or anything it may have touched. Symptoms and when to call the doctor included. See below)

[/URL]
WhenI read this, I got so mad!! This has been going on all year!! OMG...

That is why I do not buy any Fresh Express items... They have had recalls for food poisoning, in the past...

I do buy Olivias Organics. My cousins husband is a higher up in the company. He assured the entire family that they are very clean and triple washed.... I do trust them...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada == Moncton Fish Market Ltd. is recalling Moncton Fish Market brand Bar Clams that have been sold unrefrigerated from the marketplace because the product may permit the growth of Clostridium botulinum, which produces the toxin that causes botulism poisoning.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
recalls and allergy alerts for everyone

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Recalls and an allergy alert (extra ones for today apparently)

USA - HAIFA SMOKED FISH of Jamaica, NY is recalling approximately 230 LB OF TURBOT COLD SMOKED 8 OZ PACKAGES LOT # 246, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

[/URL]

Dream Pops is voluntarily recalling select Dream Pops Bites products as they may contain undeclared milk. Those with an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume product contained inside the recalled products.

[/URL]

FDA repeating this one
December 20, 2021, Orlando, FL – Fresh Express is recalling certain varieties of its branded and private label salad products produced at the company’s Streamwood, Illinois facility because the product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

[/URL]
I am returning half eaten bag of Fresh Express Romaine to the store tomorrow. Feeding fortunate I didn’t get sick from it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US = A food firm in Alabama is on notice from the FDA for serious violations of Seafood Hazard Regulations.

In a Dec. 13 warning letter, the FDA described an Oct. 19-20 and 25, 2021, inspection of The Famous Lartigue Seafood processing facility in Fairhope, AL.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Brought my recalled Fresh Express salad back to Hyvee where I purchased It. Fortunately I also brought the recall notice and the list of batch numbers of the recalled items because the service counter people didnt even know there was a recall and wanted a receipt. They were sort of snippy about it but eventually gave me my money back. I had salad twice from the package and I feel very fortunate I didn’t get sick.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really scary the grocery people didn't know about the recall. They are the last line of defense beyond ourselves. One would hope they were keeping up and trying to take things off the shelves.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is how food recalls work, so you'll know what you're dealing with, how likely you are to know if there is a problem, and what might be done. As we see in susanm9006 susanm9006 post #178 above, the informaiton isn't always getting to the people it should which leaves the consumer alone in the effort to stay well.

here's a bit more including alerts

Issues with seafood, pesticide problems and undeclared colors spark import enforcement actions

Status
Not open for further replies.