TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby - 220 g (+25)
Black -190 g (+5)
Tux - 215 g (+20)
Lighter Tabby - 205 g (+20)
Darker Tabby - 195 g (+15)

Do/should I continue weighing them? I know I read it was super important in the first week but I wasn't sure about moving forward.

And they have names now :)

Lily
Knight
Bandit
Luna
Pepper

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, please do keep weighing them. Is Knight being pushed off the nipple?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Knight is your runt. You'll want to make sure he gets extra nipple time when the others are sleeping, or you may want to top him off with supplemental feedings 2-3 times a day so he gains more!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think he's getting pushed off but I have not been watching for that. I will make sure he gets extra time.

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was gone Saturday night and most of Sunday and the person staying with them didn't feel comfortable weighing them Sunday morning so these are the weights I have:

Lilly - 240g (+20)
Knight - 220g (+25)
Bandit - 240g (+25)
Luna - 240g (+35)
Pepper - 220g (+25)

The gain calculation is from Saturday morning to this morning. I'm not super pleased with them it seems kind of light for all of them. I'm not sure if she was upset with me being gone and wasn't as attentive as she normally is or if they just slept most of the time and where growing. Are the gains still in the acceptable range or should I try and supplement them during my lunch break this afternoon? Or should I give it a day and see if they pick up again.

Lilly does have both of her eyes open now :):) and I think a few others are close.

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness. Now I can focus on work. I was worried but then I always worry :)

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The new weights.

Lilly - 255g (+15)
Knight - 235g (+15)
Bandit - 260g (+20)
Luna - 255g (+15)
Pepper - 230g (+10)

Mama has had loose stools for the past few days and last night and this morning she had a little diarrhea mixed in with some loose stool. Should I be worried? She also doesn't seem to have been eating as much the last few days. She has been eating more dry food vs the wet food. I'm not sure if she is over the milk replacement because when I set some wet out without that she eat some but still not as much as she had been.

She doesn't really act like she is sick and her mammary glands look good from what I can tell.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like mom may need an antibiotic for her diarrhea. Can you get her to the vet?

At this point with diarrhea, let her eat whatever she will eat. Stop the KMR for now. It may be giving her diarrhea.

You can offer plain, full fat yogurt to her. It may help the diarrhea.

She needs to stay hydrated, so make sure she has fresh water at all times.

The weight gains are excellent!

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet said to mix some prescription high fiber food in with her current wet food and take her off the milk replacement.

She said to bring her in if it continues but hopefully this will fix it :)

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weights for today:

Lilly - 260g (+5)
Knight - 250g (+15)
Bandit - 270g (+10)
Luna - 270g (+15)
Pepper - 240g (+10)

Rebel seems to be doing better too. She eat more yesterday and her stool seemed to have firmer from what I saw :):) who knew you could get so excited about poo.

Attachments

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This mornings weights:

Lilly - 285g (+25)
Knight - 270g (+20)
Bandit - 285g (+15)
Luna - 285g (+15)
Pepper - 250g (+10)

Should I try and get Pepper some more time at the food table when everyone else is sleeping? She seems to get in there when she is hungry. I didn't know if maybe she is just going to be a smaller cat in general so she doesn't need as much. She is the most consistent on weight gain at 10g a day and she is active.

As of this morning everyone has their eyes completely open :)

Rebel's poo seems to softened up again last night but this morning is seemed a little runny at the beginning but a a little firmer towards the end. I think I'm going to give it another night. I had cut back on the high fiber stuff because I was afraid she would get constipated but that was apparently not the case. It's not as bad as it was the other day. Slight warning for people who don't like things compared to food you may want to skip this next line :) The other day was almost like soup and late last night it was more like a custard or thick pudding and was the same early this morning but towards the end started to look more like normal poo but still soft. She is still eating and drinking and doesn't seem sick.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The high fiber food seems to be helping. I'd keep her on it longer. If it goes back to runny she'll probably need an antibiotic.

The weights are beautiful!

It can't hurt to put the runt on mom for extra, but Pepper seems to be holding her own quite nicely. She may just be smaller. It's hard to say this soon. My former runt is now my biggest cat! :)

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weights this morning :) Every one gained really good yesterday.

Lilly - 300g (+15)
Knight - 290g (+20)
Bandit - 305g (+20)
Luna - 305g (+20)
Pepper - 270g (+20)

I also think I figured out why Rebel is having bathroom issues. I think I have been leaving her wet food out to long. I pulled it up last night and she only had dry food and a little of the high protein stuff this morning and her poo looks better. It's not 100% better yet but it a least looks like poo now :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weights are excellent again! :)

Good her poops are more normal. You may want to try a different brand. The one you are using may be too rich.

treehouse55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a crazy few days at work and with the family. So here are today's weights. I do have the other days if anyone wants to see them too.

Lilly - 360g (+10)
Knight - 340g (+10)
Bandit - 375g (+20)
Luna - 365g (+5)
Pepper - 310g (+5)

Everyone is up and crawling around and I think Luna might try and make a break for it by the end of the week. She is almost walking.

Rebel's poo is back to normal and I was able to get her back on her normal food. I'm just making sure to not give her to much at one time right now and making sure to pick it up after 20 minutes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights look good. Glad poop is normal again. Keep an eye on Pepper, your smallest. The +5 gains are bare minimums.