Feral in my garage

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A ceiling fan would be positioned right next to his sanctuary - his loft. Fans don’t work in there. I bought two on Amazon and had them both set up. They made it hotter by blowing hot air around in there. I am sticking with an AC.
You undoubtedly know that having your fans run counterclockwise produces the most cooling effect in summer; clockwise directs air down from on high to keep it warmer.
Oscar will hopefully be quite comfy with his rolling A/C unit!:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New development: Well, I've noticed that of the few birds that I have around my yard - they often fly into the catio and perch to rest. It makes me very uncomfortable since it's like a lure for Oscar. Anyway, I looked out today to see that a suicidal Robin couple - has built a nest in the corner of the catio. So, Oscar will hear baby birds chirping .... and so maybe the rolling air conditioner is a good thing since he'll be able to see out but not get out to enjoy a baby bird snack.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
New development: Well, I've noticed that of the few birds that I have around my yard - they often fly into the catio and perch to rest. It makes me very uncomfortable since it's like a lure for Oscar. Anyway, I looked out today to see that a suicidal Robin couple - has built a nest in the corner of the catio. So, Oscar will hear baby birds chirping .... and so maybe the rolling air conditioner is a good thing since he'll be able to see out but not get out to enjoy a baby bird snack.
Well, you never know. The birds are tempting to Oscar. It could be on his menu.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are sweet but silly doves here who build their nests in the most inappropriate places, like right outside my back door under the little overhang there, and in my potted plants on the verandah :sigh: I wish I could get through to them that those are NOT good places. The other day I had to clean a shattered egg off the back steps. :sniffle:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.
Well - the bad news first. The robins who built the catio nest have abandoned it. I hope they are OK.
The BIG NEWS - last night Oscar went out the window opening for the the first time!! He was out in the catio!!

I attached a video below. I wonder what he thought? The camera did not catch him coming back in but he’s in for sure as I fed him this morning!

Enjoy!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The BIG NEWS - last night Oscar went out the window opening for the the first time!! He was out in the catio!!

I attached a video below. I wonder what he thought? The camera did not catch him coming back in but he’s in for sure as I fed him this morning!
Way to go Oscar!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::wavey::wavey::clapcat::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.
Well - the bad news first. The robins who built the catio nest have abandoned it. I hope they are OK.

Enjoy!

WOW! YEAH OSCAR!!! Hoping he will come to enjoy his catio and spend a lot of time there, sniffing the cool morning/evening breezes. :yess:
The robins may have just finished raising their babies and the babies may have fledged. I'm not hearing hungry baby birds around here now, and the nest under my back door overhang is gone. So it may just be that your robins have moved on.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you both are psychic!! Today is the one year anniversary of when I trapped Oscar! Yes; it was one year ago today! Hard to believe.

He seems to be doing fine. I am using the portable AC and take it out of the window at night. It’s not efficient and very expensive to run but I’m doing it. He seems to be enjoying the window and goes out into the catio when it’s dark. I’m not sure how long he’s out there or what he does - but he’s always asleep up in his loft by breakfast! Here you go!

PLAY THIS VIDEO FULL SCREEN

Last edited:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy 1 year to you both!! I love seeing him go out the window. What a wonderful life he has with you! He looks so fluffy and happy!
Thanks so much for saying that. I worry sometimes he’s like a prisoner and I also worry if I ever move or if he gets sick. But at least for today he’s safe.

I go in the shed and sit and talk to him but he never shows his face. Maybe someday ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for saying that. I worry sometimes he’s like a prisoner and I also worry if I ever move or if he gets sick. But at least for today he’s safe.

I go in the shed and sit and talk to him but he never shows his face. Maybe someday ❤
He DOES look so happy, comfortable, healthy and loved! Happy One Year Anniversary, you two! It's like a miracle that you were able to trap him, bring him in, fix his safe environment, and expand it so that he also has his catio. I would not worry for one second as to whether or not he's happy. He IS. :redheartpump: :blackcat2::redheartpump::loveeyes:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy 1 Year Anniversary to you and Oscar! :petcat::purr::dance::celebrate::party3:

Maybe one day he'll decide he'd like to interact with the human who loves him, but for now he truly seems happy and content in his private little cottage with the catio.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So last night I went in for the final feed. My dogs were in the yard and I went in with his food and a little churu treat. He started to head up to the loft (his usual) and stopped! I don’t want to get too excited but I acted like no big deal and didn’t approach him so he’d regret it. But you can see him laying there watching me! I don’t know if he was just defending his turf or what!

You can hear my dog barking and me shushing him and he was howling at the end at the fire trucks. Oscar is used to noisy dogs!