Feral cat to inside cat

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely! As another tip, I'd recommend at least two bottles at first, because you were right, you do have to do a respray every once in a while. While I'm not running low by any means, I can see this going by fast if I plan to use it every time I let them have some face to face time.
Yes- agreed( be sure to let it dry though before cats on it,in it,around it)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have an idea of how I can get Robbie in a carrier to go to the vet? I have never picked him up!

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Go back to the beginning of this thread and look at the early messages. There are several suggestions. How you do it may depend on whether you've made an appointment yet, and how much time you have.

My feral boy just went to the vet for the first time. Even though I've been feeding him for a few years and he's been inside for the past 9 months, he still won't let me touch him. I gave him 2 doses of gabapentin, the first the night before and the second a couple of hours before attempting to pick him up.

I waited till he was taking his afternoon nap, then put a sweat jacket on backwards to protect my arms, and allow me to cover him with the jacket part. (Instead of using a towel.) When I tried to scruff him he surprised me by rolling over onto his back, so I didn't actually get a grip on the back of his neck. But I scooped him up anyhow and stuffed him in the carrier asap. It worked, but he bit my hand... fortunately not hard enough to break the skin, or I'd be getting rabies shots now.

I've decided to bring a live trap into the room where he eats, and start feeding him in it. That way, I'll be able to set it and catch him that way if he needs to go to the clinic again. Doubt I'll ever work up the courage to try to pick him up again. I was so nervous about doing it!

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not an internet person though I'd be curious to hear folks "negative " reviews,I've got a hunch they may share similar experiences to mine and like I said,there's nothing to confirm that Feliway diffusers irritated 2 of my cats but when I asked my own Vet and told him of my suspicions he recommended I not use any type of diffusers,plug ins or otherwise -good enough for me

I've had good results with that Relaxivet pump spray,it's not aerosol - seems no one squints or coughs so there ya have it

I'd be interested to know what you think after you try it- might be good for G grawmmawmoses to spray on that mesh screen.....
Today Newman attacked Robbie. I tried to break it up and got multiple cat bites on hands and arm. I fear Newman will never accept Robbie. The others seem to be ok with him.

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am concerned about the cat bites. Have been to the doctor to have them checked out?

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I saw a doctor and got antibiotics and Xrays to make sure there are no broken teeth or claws in the wounds and no broken bones in my hands. Newman has been isolated in the catio since.

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You still have 3 full months- alot can change in all that time- so you just might have a nice breakthrough by then- let's stay hopeful on the time line.... but if not it will still be alright,take each day as it comes 💞
I can actually SEE Robbie's heart beating. Thursday morning I will try to get him into a pillow case and into the carrier for a vet visit. Wish me luck!

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there such a thing as someone you can hire to come into your home, catch your cat, and trim his nails?