Feline gastrointestinal lymphoma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I gave up reading at page 19.
Has it turned out that there was nothing wrong with him or something that worked itself out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I gave up reading at page 19.
Has it turned out that there was nothing wrong with him or something that worked itself out?
 It's OK.  I don't know what was wrong, but he is doing well!

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is so genuinely heartwarming to hear how upbeat you are now. And yes, he is a looker.
Thank you! I am so thankful that my 'green eyes is doing so well! It warms my heart! Now, not only is he active and seeming better, he actually is better!:clap::9:

josesmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read your thread last week with great interest.  I have been checking back every day, and so happy your sweet guy is progressing!  Sadly, I had to say goodbye last week to my cat angel, Jose'. He was 15 and was diagnosed with lymphoma.  They found a huge mass in his abdomen, near his small intestine, which was inoperable at this point. First X-ray two months ago, there was nothing. Blood work indicated he might have a slight thyroid problem so we had him on thyroid meds for two months. He continued to lose weight. Last week they found a mass almost two inches wide. They did a needle biopsy and confirmed it was as we suspected. He had lost over half his body weight. However, he was eating constantly and always hungry. Vet thought that the tumor was sucking up all his nutrition at the end.  He was meowing more than usual in recent weeks and not sleeping with me as he usually did in the past. The vet gave me liquid pain relief to administer orally for the last final 48 hours, until my mobile vet came to the house to euthanize him. I am sharing all of this with you, hopefully not to frighten you,but so you have another perspective. I have great hope that Mukkia is going to pull through this, as some of his symptoms are different than what I witnessed with my cat.  I am sending healing prayers to Mukkia each and every day!

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's gaining some weight back.  Very cute

What kind of food are you feeding him? Mukkia's coat is so shiny.  Best to you and Mukkia.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read your thread last week with great interest.  I have been checking back every day, and so happy your sweet guy is progressing!  Sadly, I had to say goodbye last week to my cat angel, Jose'. He was 15 and was diagnosed with lymphoma.  They found a huge mass in his abdomen, near his small intestine, which was inoperable at this point. First X-ray two months ago, there was nothing. Blood work indicated he might have a slight thyroid problem so we had him on thyroid meds for two months. He continued to lose weight. Last week they found a mass almost two inches wide. They did a needle biopsy and confirmed it was as we suspected. He had lost over half his body weight. However, he was eating constantly and always hungry. Vet thought that the tumor was sucking up all his nutrition at the end.  He was meowing more than usual in recent weeks and not sleeping with me as he usually did in the past. The vet gave me liquid pain relief to administer orally for the last final 48 hours, until my mobile vet came to the house to euthanize him. I am sharing all of this with you, hopefully not to frighten you,but so you have another perspective. I have great hope that Mukkia is going to pull through this, as some of his symptoms are different than what I witnessed with my cat.  I am sending healing prayers to Mukkia each and every day!
Awe! :-( This is so heartbreaking to hear. I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine the pain you feel..  :-(
I am honored that you shared your story with me. I wish you could have had the same outcome as Mukkia and I. I now wish this thread had a different topic for it. Thankfully, gastrointestinal lymphoma was a misdiagnosis in our case. I do intend to continue with the follow-ups with his appointments. I have every reason to believe that he has been blessed and, is in recovery from whatever ailment he had. I hope you know that you did one of the kindest, most unselfish things we could ever do for our beloved one.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's gaining some weight back.  Very cute

What kind of food are you feeding him? Mukkia's coat is so shiny.  Best to you and Mukkia.
Thank you! I think it is the way he is laying that makes him appear fuller. I just took him to the veterinarian on Friday, and he was 2 ounces more than before, but I'll take it! :-)

I am still feeding him his Science Diet CD. He prefers that over anything else. I think it is because he has been on it since he was seven. Occasionally I can get him to eat a little Fancy Feast. I love those pictures of him too! :-) :-) ;):clap:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always start a happier thread for Mukkia.

I want you to do something.

Gather all of Mukkia's medical records. Medication he was on from the first vet to the last good visit and keep them handy. When I took Kitten to the ER the first time those records were up to date and under her mattress in her crate. The ER vet grabbed them and spent time looking at everything. Information they are often without if your cat goes to a regular vet without a 24 hour ER service.

May you never need them. I never thought I would. But your cats instant medical record in the middle of the night when you are stressed and can't remember your own phone number let alone what test showed what was priceless.

Up 2oz. already. Way to go Mukkia.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can always start a happier thread for Mukkia.
I want you to do something.
Gather all of Mukkia's medical records. Medication he was on from the first vet to the last good visit and keep them handy. When I took Kitten to the ER the first time those records were up to date and under her mattress in her crate. The ER vet grabbed them and spent time looking at everything. Information they are often without if your cat goes to a regular vet without a 24 hour ER service.
May you never need them. I never thought I would. But your cats instant medical record in the middle of the night when you are stressed and can't remember your own phone number let alone what test showed what was priceless.
Up 2oz. already. Way to go Mukkia.:nod:
That is a wonderful idea! [emoji]128568[/emoji]
I wonder where I should put it, and what I should title it?[emoji]128561[/emoji]
Also, very good point about his records. When the current veterinarian received Mukkia's records from the previous veterinarian's office they only sent theirs, and not his initial veterinarian's records. Plus, their notes had too many gaps, to include his starting weight. Even worse, she actually put in the notes that she recommended biopsy on the day she told me he had gastrointestinal lymphoma, and I had not long with him. Better than that, there was no notation that Mukkia is not to receive any injections whatsoever! His current vet did put that in his chart himself, on the front and big bold letters. Anyway, I am thankful that is the past , and he has a wonderful veterinarian now! [emoji]128513[/emoji]:clap:

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a wonderful idea! [emoji]128568[/emoji]
I wonder where I should put it, and what I should title it?[emoji]128561[/emoji]
Also, very good point about his records. When the current veterinarian received Mukkia's records from the previous veterinarian's office they only sent theirs, and not his initial veterinarian's records. Plus, their notes had too many gaps, to include his starting weight. Even worse, she actually put in the notes that she recommended biopsy on the day she told me he had gastrointestinal lymphoma, and I had not long with him. Better than that, there was no notation that Mukkia is not to receive any injections whatsoever! His current vet did put that in his chart himself, on the front and big bold letters. Anyway, I am thankful that is the past , and he has a wonderful veterinarian now! [emoji]128513[/emoji]
I keep a hard copy in each of my cats crates under their mats. You can seal it in a large baggie.

I am thankful you have a wonderful veterinarian. So do I now.

I found when making files to use a common key word. Mukkia will come right up.

josesmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awe! :-( This is so heartbreaking to hear. I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine the pain you feel..  :-(
I am honored that you shared your story with me. I wish you could have had the same outcome as Mukkia and I. I now wish this thread had a different topic for it. Thankfully, gastrointestinal lymphoma was a misdiagnosis in our case. I do intend to continue with the follow-ups with his appointments. I have every reason to believe that he has been blessed and, is in recovery from whatever ailment he had. I hope you know that you did one of the kindest, most unselfish things we could ever do for our beloved one.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thank you. Yes, I think you should start a new thread! I truly believe as well that it was a misdiagnosis for Mukkai. If you do, I hope we can continue to follow his progress. I have great hope Mukkai will be fully recovered in no time. I will continue to send blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.