Feline gastrointestinal lymphoma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I think you are looking at weeks if not months for recovery. Is he eating today ?
Yes. He did start to pick up his appetite this afternoon. So, that is good.

I am concerned, because he is losing and not even maintaining weight.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes. He did start to pick up his appetite this afternoon. So, that is good.

I am concerned, because he is losing and not even maintaining weight.

If he is eating and eliminating you are going in the right direction.  Just days ago you thought you had lost the fight. When we are very close to something we get tunnel vision. Your concerns are best directed at your veterinarian. Moral support and common sense advice is the only ethical online advice you should seek.  Since he was active and playing today he may be burning off more than he's consuming at the moment. Let things balance out.

you seriously need to distress yourself , stop picking and fretting. Wow. I'm mean. When is your next vet visit ?

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he is eating and eliminating you are going in the right direction.  Just days ago you thought you had lost the fight. When we are very close to something we get tunnel vision. Your concerns are best directed at your veterinarian. Moral support and common sense advice is the only ethical online advice you should seek.  Since he was active and playing today he may be burning off more than he's consuming at the moment. Let things balance out.
you seriously need to distress yourself , stop picking and fretting. Wow. I'm mean. When is your next vet visit ?
I made him one for a week from Friday, the 8th.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I made him one for a week from Friday, the 8th.
There you go. A week is a good timeline to get an accurate weight. And saves you the trouble of weighing the cat, the poo and estimating the volume of liquid and it's approximate weight.  You might need to take into account a fart or a few hairs. It's about perspective darling. You love him so much. By presenting the vet with how much he's eating, drinking. Bathroom habits. Stool. All of those things figure into the big picture.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There you go. A week is a good timeline to get an accurate weight. And saves you the trouble of weighing the cat, the poo and estimating the volume of liquid and it's approximate weight.  You might need to take into account a fart or a few hairs. It's about perspective darling. You love him so much. By presenting the vet with how much he's eating, drinking. Bathroom habits. Stool. All of those things figure into the big picture.
Yes. You are right. Everything will be fine. I am just going to focus on his amazing accomplishments, and not worry until or if I have to.
He has done things that he has not predicted to do by now. So, he has this in the bag! He also has a wonderful veterinarian. I just have to forget everything about anything the last one said.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think this thread needs a few more picture of that handsome guy
I have to add one more post right now, because of the number yours is at! :-)

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. You are right. Everything will be fine. I am just going to focus on his amazing accomplishments, and not worry until or if I have to.
He has done things that he has not predicted to do by now. So, he has this in the bag! He also has a wonderful veterinarian. I just have to forget everything about anything the last one said. <-- That's my problem when something happens that I otherwise wouldn't think twice about.
I am not trying to be harsh with you. You have to shake the baggage of the other vet and put your faith in the one you have now and move forward. I am deeply saddened by the experience you had before. There comes a time when any doctor or vet needs to say I don't now and find a referral to help solve the problem. I too have a deep distrust of vets now and I have one of the most wonderful cat vets in all of Albuquerque tending my babies now. And she understands my position and respects it. I seen the tears in her eyes when I told her about Kitten. I seen the deep concern when I explained the vaccination deception. It is wonderful to have a great vet. And very hard to overcome the damage done by one that is less than skilled. There is a road between being a cold clinical veterinarian and an overly friendly good buddy type. It's the one where you know they actually LIKE your cat and they have the skills that are feline specific to meet your pets needs. The best vets can remain neutral and scientific and still see your cat as the precious individual they are.

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm with Kittens Mom in that you need to just relax, although I can relate to all the worrying you do because I can be the same way. But seriously, her advice is accurate. My kitty also lost about two pounds during his illness and has recently begun putting on some weight, slow but steady. It didn't happen right away.  And again, just like Kittens Mom I remind you that only very recently you were thinking you were going to have to let Mukkia go, but look at how much things have changed! Focus on that. The fact that he's eating, pooping normally and now even playing is nothing short of amazing. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not trying to be harsh with you. You have to shake the baggage of the other vet and put your faith in the one you have now and move forward. I am deeply saddened by the experience you had before. There comes a time when any doctor or vet needs to say I don't now and find a referral to help solve the problem. I too have a deep distrust of vets now and I have one of the most wonderful cat vets in all of Albuquerque tending my babies now. And she understands my position and respects it. I seen the tears in her eyes when I told her about Kitten. I seen the deep concern when I explained the vaccination deception. It is wonderful to have a great vet. And very hard to overcome the damage done by one that is less than skilled. There is a road between being a cold clinical veterinarian and an overly friendly good buddy type. It's the one where you know they actually LIKE your cat and they have the skills that are feline specific to meet your pets needs. The best vets can remain neutral and scientific and still see your cat as the precious individual they are.
You are very correct. Everything you said is true. I didn't think for one minute that you were being harsh on me. there is a difference in criticism vs. constructive criticism. You are just bringing reality to my eyes. Yes, I need to leave the old veterinarian in the past. That is done, and there is nothing I can do about that. Sadly, I have to admit that I still have her diagnosis still in my head as a possibility. However, my new veterinarian's disbelief in that diagnosis is what keeps me sane through all this. The problem is, I have never gone through an illness like this before with him. Even when he blocked because of struvite crystals, he did not lose weight. I know that I was expecting him to gain it faster, but you helped me to understand that was not realistic. I just didn't expect him to lose weight still. I have figured out something to do that is productive every time I let myself become concerned. I am going to look at my calendar, and see how far he has come, and play with him! :-) :-) :-)

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm with Kittens Mom in that you need to just relax, although I can relate to all the worrying you do because I can be the same way. But seriously, her advice is accurate. My kitty also lost about two pounds during his illness and has recently begun putting on some weight, slow but steady. It didn't happen right away.  And again, just like Kittens Mom I remind you that only very recently you were thinking you were going to have to let Mukkia go, but look at how much things have changed! Focus on that. The fact that he's eating, pooping normally and now even playing is nothing short of amazing. :worship:  :clap2:
That helps me so much! I guess there is a lot more for me to learn about kitties. even though I have had him for 14 years I never knew that that is a common occurrence. Thank you for helping to reassure me as well. It is all good! :-) I don't allow myself to worry for too long. I always find the light in Every Storm. This is no different.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others, in trying to leave the past behind. I know it's easier said than done. I was a worry mamma too. We just can't help it when we love them so much, & so much unanswered is/ has gone on.

But now that he IS better. Even playing says A LOT!   The best advice I can give is maybe try & visualize, Take some deep, deep breaths, & exhale all of the past situations. It will help you let them go. 

Maybe visualize each situation with each exhale to let it go, also letting all the tension in your body from it go as well. first the one with the old vet & how you felt, then the next, & the next, using big letting go exhales, even vocally if it helps, until you feel better. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When the past becomes the past I will leave it where it is. He is not well yet, so I would be neglect to ignore his health. I am not addressing this at angels mommy angels mommy . I speaking to anyone who can say, humm, my cat is ill, has been too long,steadily losing MORE weight. Almost at 7lbs. ?? Ounces. From 10lbs. My gut feeling has kept him here so far, and I am not going to stop listening. However, I don't think I will be back on here again. To say the least, this was an experience!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the past becomes the past I will leave it where it is. He is not well yet, so I would be neglect to ignore his health. I am not addressing this at @Angels mommy. I speaking to anyone who can say, humm, my cat is ill, has been too long,steadily losing MORE weight. Almost at 7lbs. ?? Ounces. From 10lbs. My gut feeling has kept him here so far, and I am not going to stop listening. However, I don't think I will be back on here again. To say the least, this was an experience!!
I definitely agree with listening to your intuition. It's very important, & given to us for a reason, so I agree with you.  

I think the intention of that being said, was more to try & leave the bad experience w/ the old vet behind, as to try & not have as much stress for Mukkia to pick up on, since they feel our energy so easily. More so that we realise.  I can understand there still being some worry, waiting for him to regain some weight, but it will probably take a little while. I would just keep encouraging him, & let him eat as often & as much as he wants right now.  

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
April Fool's!!! :-) :-) :-)
I had to sound like I was mad, or no one would have believed me!
I definitely wasn't going to say anything bad happened. So, I figured I would make everyone think I was mad. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Seriously though, Mukkia is playing, and jumping up on the Grandfather's clock!! He is doing well!!!!!!!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Just four months ago I stood in a horrible room filled with bags of dead pets so that I could ensure that my precious Kitten was returned to me. I watched her little body be put in an oven and the door closed and the ashes that came out.

What you said truly hurt. I have never wanted anything but for you to be spared what I had to witness.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
April Fool's!!! :-) :-) :-)
I had to sound like I was mad, or no one would have believed me!
I definitely wasn't going to say anything bad happened. So, I figured I would make everyone think I was mad. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Seriously though, Mukkia is playing, and jumping up on the Grandfather's clock!! He is doing well!!!!!!!
Whew! For a minute I thought you were serious about not coming back; that you were upset!

Glad it was an April fools joke & that Mukkia is playing and eating! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just four months ago I stood in a horrible room filled with bags of dead pets so that I could ensure that my precious Kitten was returned to me. I watched her little body be put in an oven and the door closed and the ashes that came out.
What you said truly hurt. I have never wanted anything but for you to be spared what I had to witness.
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I have always listened to everything you and everyone else said to me. I could never be upset with you! :-(
I actually thought someone would have called me out on that, because I honestly figured no one would believe that I was mad. Especially since I posted before that, that agreed with you.
I am honestly so sorry. Now I feel horrible! :-(

Last edited:

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope everything gets cleared up here. :-/

How is Mukkia in regards to those tremors he was having? Did they cease?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.