Feline gastrointestinal lymphoma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yay!!!! That's great news he is playing!!   (Oh, a milk ring is just the plastic ring you take off to open a jug of milk, you know.) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:hyper:  :banana2: Yay!!!! That's great news he is playing!!   (Oh, a milk ring is just the plastic ring you take off to open a jug of milk, you know.) :D
Yeeeaaahhhhh, LOL, I found out! :-) :-) I was born blonde! ;-)

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

LOL! Silly girl! 
LOL, Sadly, I am Serious! See?

That's me when I was 4, the other one is me with my Niece. Blonde. I can't help it! Lol. If you only knew some of the things I have said and thought!!!!

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful young lady. I love the hair color ;)
Awe, thank you! I am very self conscious about my right hand. However, I am not ashamed to admit it.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its ok to be self conscious. Its part of being human.

How is mr Love this morning?
That is very true! :-)

He is doing well. He played soooo much last night!!! :-D It made my heart smile!
He is still eating and using the bathroom, but he not quite eating what he was. I think it is OK?
He is eating about half of his normal amount. How long should I let him do that before I become concerned?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Mukkia. There is no such thing as a perfect human being.

If you feel Mukkia is not eating enough call your vet and discuss strategies to get him to eat. It could be that after such an extended fasting period his stomach has shrunk or he simply feels full on less. Keep a daily log on how much and when he eats.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mukkia. There is no such thing as a perfect human being.
If you feel Mukkia is not eating enough call your vet and discuss strategies to get him to eat. It could be that after such an extended fasting period his stomach has shrunk or he simply feels full on less. Keep a daily log on how much and when he eats.
No there is not! :-) When I was a teenager my dad used to tell me that everybody has something wrong with them. It just so happens that you can see yours. He said, it's not so bad, there are some crazy people in this world and you can't see what is wrong with them on the outside. Lol :-) He is right!

Great minds think alike! I have been keeping a log on Mukkia in my Google calendar. I write down when he eats, what he ate, how much. I also keep a record of how much he drinks, his litter box habits, even the size and texture. I was putting his meds and time given. I also put in his behaviours, like if he was hiding or crying, or being clingy.

You have a good point about the stomach. I didn't think about that. The only thing that throws me off on that theory is that he has been eating two small cans Fancy Feast a day plus his CD between wet feedings.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats absolutely love Fancy Feast. People call it 'kitty crack".. It is a tried and true favorite among most cats.

I am not surprised that Mukkia is eating more FF than any other food. 

Try getting some freeze dried food, I have been using Natures Variety. I crumble a few of the nuggets on top of the food that I think Artie will not eat. This has been my latest solution to getting him 'jump started' to eating more..

I cannot take credit for this, because Columbine suggested it to me...

It does work.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats absolutely love Fancy Feast. People call it 'kitty crack".. It is a tried and true favorite among most cats.

I am not surprised that Mukkia is eating more FF than any other food. 

Try getting some freeze dried food, I have been using Natures Variety. I crumble a few of the nuggets on top of the food that I think Artie will not eat. This has been my latest solution to getting him 'jump started' to eating more..

I cannot take credit for this, because Columbine suggested it to me...

It does work.
I did not know that about the Fancy Feast! Interesting, to say the least. Can I pick up the other two that you're talking about at PetSmart? Or, do I have to get that from my veterinarian? I have never heard of that before. Thank you for the information! :-) It is worth a shot, definitely!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know that about the Fancy Feast! Interesting, to say the least. Can I pick up the other two that you're talking about at PetSmart? Or, do I have to get that from my veterinarian? I have never heard of that before. Thank you for the information! :-) It is worth a shot, definitely!
I do not know if they have all the varieties at PetSmart or Petco. My guy is only eating rabbit at this time. That is very limited. I think you can find a small treat sized bag of  duck, chicken, at these stores. 

I have the bag in my hand: It is in a brown and fuchsia colored bag, the size of a large treat bag. 

Labeled in large letters: Instinct Raw (small letters on top saying Natures Variety)

Freeze dried Meal or Mixer

They do have a very large bag of the same thing, but it is very pricey. 

The small bag is about $10 or less. I had to order mine on Chewy.

I just take about 5 suggests, crumble them on top of his regular food. 

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not know if they have all the varieties at PetSmart or Petco. My guy is only eating rabbit at this time. That is very limited. I think you can find a small treat sized bag of  duck, chicken, at these stores. 

I have the bag in my hand: It is in a brown and fuchsia colored bag, the size of a large treat bag. 

Labeled in large letters: Instinct Raw (small letters on top saying Natures Variety)
                                      Freeze dried Meal or Mixer

They do have a very large bag of the same thing, but it is very pricey. 
The small bag is about $10 or less. I had to order mine on Chewy.

I just take about 5 suggests, crumble them on top of his regular food. 
Are they all raw? I am a little nervous about giving Mukkia raw food. Is it safe for him?

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, Mukkia will not eat anything cold. So, I don't know if the freeze dried thing will work?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been nervous about feeding draw also. 

Although they say they are raw, they do not seem to be icky..

They are dry powdery nuggets. They do not seem, look or feel raw. 

I think the freeze drying changes things. 

if they were really raw, raw, I would not use it. 

The package does not have to refrigerated, or frozen. Just like a treat bag..

I know you have been through a lot. Honestly, I would not worry about the rawness of these. It is ok...

these are like treats....

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
the freeze dried look like dehydrated meats-the only thing you need to do is wash your hands after handling it. my cats seem to love these treats..and on top of food is a great idea. my old kitty floey loves her fancy feast. i used to use friskeys but she was getting finicky..so now its turkey classic or seafood ones classic as they are meatloaf style which i mash with a fork and add water and mix well. she laps it..we call it slurry

Status
Not open for further replies.