Feline gastrointestinal lymphoma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have always been nervous about feeding draw also. 
Although they say they are raw, they do not seem to be icky..

They are dry powdery nuggets. They do not seem, look or feel raw. 

I think the freeze drying changes things. 

if they were really raw, raw, I would not use it. 

The package does not have to refrigerated, or frozen. Just like a treat bag..

I know you have been through a lot. Honestly, I would not worry about the rawness of these. It is ok...

these are like treats....
OK, so they are not frozen. I will go to the store first, because it will probably take a few days to get here if I order them. I still want to order online though. What is the website address?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered my from Chewy.com

You can read the reviews about it also...

Good luck...I have to get going...

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the freeze dried look like dehydrated meats-the only thing you need to do is wash your hands after handling it. my cats seem to love these treats..and on top of food is a great idea. my old kitty floey loves her fancy feast. i used to use friskeys but she was getting finicky..so now its turkey classic or seafood ones classic as they are meatloaf style which i mash with a fork and add water and mix well. she laps it..we call it slurry
OK. Wash hands after handling. I will do that. I hope that this helps him.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered my from Chewy.com

You can read the reviews about it also...

Good luck...I have to get going...
OK. thank you so much!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
2 out of my 3 cats love them. also my finicky cat only likes tuna and dry kibble. We have tried every canned food and treat. only temptations salmon she eats. I started giving freeze raw instead of temptations treats. as they have corn in them and I just prefer not to give them corn. Floey wont eat temptations but loves freeze dried..i got duck and rabbit ones..they seem to like them except for miss picky kitty pumpkin face. She will lick a few times at other wet foods but only a taste..she is the one I really want to get her on wet food but it isnt happening. The youngest cat Honeybee my profile pic she will eat anything in my hand..she loves having mom feed her..she licks my hand when shes hungrry or thirsty. shes very spoiled.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

2 out of my 3 cats love them. also my finicky cat only likes tuna and dry kibble. We have tried every canned food and treat. only temptations salmon she eats. I started giving freeze raw instead of temptations treats. as they have corn in them and I just prefer not to give them corn. Floey wont eat temptations but loves freeze dried..i got duck and rabbit ones..they seem to like them except for miss picky kitty pumpkin face. She will lick a few times at other wet foods but only a taste..she is the one I really want to get her on wet food but it isnt happening. The youngest cat Honeybee my profile pic she will eat anything in my hand..she loves having mom feed her..she licks my hand when shes hungrry or thirsty. shes very spoiled.
Awe! That is too sweet! Honeybee is Beautiful! Mukkia is picky too like pumpkin face. I know it very difficult to change a kitties eating habits. I had a very hard time switching Mukkia over to CD when he was 7. That was a nightmare! now he loves his food! I am kind of thinking he is being picky because he can now. Due to me trying every food possible to get him to eat when he wasn't.  

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, Mukkia will not eat anything cold. So, I don't know if the freeze dried thing will work?
I am so lucky with Midi, he is a hoover and will eat just about everything. If I put out his frozen raw he will eat it before it thaws.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so lucky with Midi, he is a hoover and will eat just about everything. If I put out his frozen raw he will eat it before it thaws.
You are extremely lucky with Midi eating anything! :-) That's awesome! :-)

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, after a long illness, they'll gobble up their food once they're feeling better. It's like they're making up for lost time and calories. Once they kind of catch up, it's like their own "internal system" will begin to regulate the food intake and they'll get back to more normal levels. If his appetite drops way off then it would be cause for concern, otherwise, I think maybe it could just be what I explained. Wouldn't hurt to check with his vet just in case, if you think it's necessary. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, after a long illness, they'll gobble up their food once they're feeling better. It's like they're making up for lost time and calories. Once they kind of catch up, it's like their own "internal system" will begin to regulate the food intake and they'll get back to more normal levels. If his appetite drops way off then it would be cause for concern, otherwise, I think maybe it could just be what I explained. Wouldn't hurt to check with his vet just in case, if you think it's necessary. 
I have a feeling my little stinker is being stubborn, and picky. I am not for sure, so I am going to try the freeze dried to add, and if that doesn't help I am going to take him to the veterinarian sooner. He is going in next Friday for a recheck. I think maayyyybeeeeeee he has gained a tiny bit of weight!!!!!!! [emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji]
I noticed it this morning. It would be amazing if I am right!!!!

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a scale at home? What I do is I weigh myself first, then again with either of my kitties, subtract the difference, and that gives me a good idea of what their weight is. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have a scale at home? What I do is I weigh myself first, then again with either of my kitties, subtract the difference, and that gives me a good idea of what their weight is. 
I do it is pretty accurate, but I have to put him in his carrier, because he starts squirming around before the scale calculates the weight. I will do it when my mom comes over after work, just to see. I'll let you know what it says. It takes two, because I can't read the scale with the carrier in the way. the only reason why I think he has gained a little bit of weight, is because he used the bathroom last night, and has not eaten very much this morning. So, I looked at his entire body composition this morning, and I think that he has gained a little bit of weight. :-)

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
No there is not! :-) When I was a teenager my dad used to tell me that everybody has something wrong with them. It just so happens that you can see yours. He said, it's not so bad, there are some crazy people in this world and you can't see what is wrong with them on the outside. Lol :-) He is right!

Great minds think alike! I have been keeping a log on Mukkia in my Google calendar. I write down when he eats, what he ate, how much. I also keep a record of how much he drinks, his litter box habits, even the size and texture. I was putting his meds and time given. I also put in his behaviours, like if he was hiding or crying, or being clingy.

You have a good point about the stomach. I didn't think about that. The only thing that throws me off on that theory is that he has been eating two small cans Fancy Feast a day plus his CD between wet feedings.
After I recover from a bug food usually tastes really good. But I don't eat that way every day. If he likes FF then FF it would be in my house. Do be careful introducing new foods in any significant quantity.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After I recover from a bug food usually tastes really good. But I don't eat that way every day. If he likes FF then FF it would be in my house. Do be careful introducing new foods in any significant quantity.
I am still giving him the Fancy Feast. He is just not eating as much of either of his daily foods as well as he was. Maybe he was catching up initially. My mom should be here soon, and I am really anxious to see if he has gained any weight. I will come back on and let you know after I find out.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was wrong. Mukkia has not gained weight, he has lost weight in spite of eating. I have used the same scale twice before to compare to the veterinarian's office. I have also taken in to count food and bowel. He is currently weighing In at 8lbs. It is most likely less, because of his bowel movement and food intake from today.
[emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

We are now at or approaching the 2 pound weight loss mark.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wrong. Mukkia has not gained weight, he has lost weight in spite of eating. I have used the same scale twice before to compare to the veterinarian's office. I have also taken in to count food and bowel. He is currently weighing In at 8lbs. It is most likely less, because of his bowel movement and food intake from today.
[emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

We are now at or approaching the 2 pound weight loss mark.
I think you are looking at weeks if not months for recovery. Is he eating today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.