Experience with Feline's Pride

cameo2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the information! Since my post I have learned Oma's pride sources their rabbit from China- Hence the HPP processing. I do not want anything from CHINA! I will be checking the other sites you posted.  No butchers shops that I am aware of in my area. Such a shame!

cosmobaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One thing I learned from a local butcher is that in many shops multiple meats are run through the main grinder which makes for cross contamination. 

In going "do it yourself" I would invest in a grinder and source the whole chix, turkey, rabbit from locally, organic, happy "I had a life", farm animals.

There is one wonderful farm near me where I can buy an organic happy range free chicken, but I end up roasting it instead!  Yum, it's just too darn good - but my kitties LOVE some slow roasted chicken (just a salt rub and roast it slow). One kitty goes completely coo coo for Thanksgiving turkey but that is not available all year around.

After my Feline's Pride debacle a year ago I found Hare Today Gone Tomorrow; an east coast farm dedicated to the raw food industry.  In my experience over this last year, they are the one source I trust and my kitties LOVE their products - and their health, energy, shiny beautiful coats says it all. 

Other products I love include: "Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Formula Duck & Potato or Turkey & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food" and "Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Rabbit Meal Cat Food (raw frozen) cat food".

I have found the more limited the ingredients, the better.

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I received an email from FP today and boy was it a fun one. It was long and apologetic and said they were sold "fake" freezer shipping containers and this was the cause of many of the problems they have been having lately. They said the company they sourced the containers through changed on them and sent them fakes which were prone to cracking and thawing and everything in between. They said they are buying directly from their old vendor now that they used back in the day when they didn't have shipping issues. Who knows if anything has changed at this company or if this will change anything but I just thought I'd post letting everyone know.

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
During the dispute process with my credit card, (this is the 4th time I tried to dispute the charge), Suzy Anderson sent a receipt trying to proof it is a valid transaction. In the last copy she sent, the company name was listed as "WALMART". It is really fishy, it seems to me she is trying to confuse the card holder it is a charge in Walmart, so they won't process a dispute.

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did any of you buy the company? Just got this email:

NEW OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT!
As a frustrated customer who LOVES the product of the pre made raw food, we decided to take matters into our own hands and buy Feline's Pride! We will continue to use the same facility, same great recipe, same food source, etc..changes are;
Fed Ex shipping only!
New Cups/Lids (back to the old 48 oz white tubs in next few weeks)
Hired 2 customer service people to answer calls and emails!
We have been working closely with the old owners and are making positive changes, as per customer complaints/requests!
Please give us a try!
www.mypetspride.com

whisper14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't believe it. Some kind of ploy. I would not give my business to this company under any circumstances. There is absolutely no way I would ever give them another chance.
Ever. I have never been treated so badly or handled so disreputably by any business.

They seem to like to periodically publish things that make it seem like the problems are over. Ha ha HA!

hypermegaco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you may be right. Have been trying for three weeks to get shipment of an order I placed a couple months ago and was told I could have shipped later, when I needed it. First the "new owners" told me they'd fired all the old employees and that one of them had deleted all the customer order phone calls and emails as retaliation. They promised me an immediate shipment that never materialized.

It took a week of calling and emailing to get another reply. This time they said there'd been a gas leak that kept them out of the office for a day and a half. I Googled it, and there actually was a leak, but only one business was evacuated and only for a couple of hours. They said they'd send me an immediate shipment that's supposedly arriving tomorrow. But it's been 3 days with no response  to my requests for a tracking number, and FedEx has no record of a shipment for me from them.

If they truly are new owners, they should be bending over backward to keep the customers they have and instill confidence in them! This is not the behavior of a company that was taken over by passionate people who want to repair the mistakes of their predecessors.

hypermegaco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made a separate post about it but wanted to update this thread too:

Feline's Pride/My Pet's Pride is now officially operating without a license. You can go on the  Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website and see the documentation for their June 25, 2016 filing to dissolve the My Pet's Pride corporation.

Yet they continue to advertise and operate under this name, taking customers' money and not sending them any product. Our contact for the last 3 years, Suzanne McCaffrey, is now pretending to be someone named "Eileen" and on June 2, 2016  told me the same lie  about an ownership change and a fabricated "disgruntled former employee" that she told @11201ny back in January 2016!

I placed my order for 80 lbs of food on May 8 and asked to have it delivered after I returned from vacation. On June 20 I emailed to request delivery and was told they would send it FedEx. It is now Aug. 19 and I have still not received my food OR the promised refund.

They DO NOT answer at the main phone number, nor have they returned a single one of my dozens of messages. I finally started emailing Suzy hourly. About every 20 emails or 8 days, I would finally receive an email reply with a promise that the food was being shipped:

June 28: "Your order will be to you on Friday, sorry for the extra delay"

July 5: "I do apologize....we have shipped the food"

July 8: "I will honor their prior commitment, and are shipping your order to you on Monday , via Fed Ex"

July 15: "the original order of 80 pounds will ship Monday"

July 15: "I now have your food set up to ship 8/1"

July 22: "I have your order set up to be received by you on 8/1... As we agreed!"

Aug. 8: "Your last Felines Pride order will be shipping today"

Aug. 9: "I have processed the refund to you, you will receive via email, a confirmation, then once complete on my end, it will take 24-48 hours according to your bank."

Again, it is Aug. 19 and I have received NO confirmation email, NO food and NO refund. I am of course initiating a fraud complaint with my credit card, but if the numerous other online complaints are anything to go by, Feline's Pride will fight my credit card issuer tooth and nail, claiming they actually did deliver the food.

What cannot be quantified and documented is the gut-wrenching stress of knowing your cat is about to run out of food due to the dishonest and illegal actions of another. The highs of receiving another promise and the lows of realizing it was a lie take a deep mental, emotional and even physical toll on a person. No cat food is worth that!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I made a separate post about it but wanted to update this thread too:

Feline's Pride/My Pet's Pride is now officially operating without a license. You can go on the  Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website and see the documentation for their June 25, 2016 filing to dissolve the My Pet's Pride corporation.
Just a point of clarification: The link you posted just shows that the My Pet's Pride company has been dissolved. That would be consistent with the earlier post claiming that the company has new owners. The purchasing company could, and most likely has, retained the My Pets Pride web site and product name. The product name and the company name don't have to match.

Of course that changes nothing with regards to your horrible experience with them.  At this point I would say anyone would be crazy send money to them.

Last edited:

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Such a travesty. This company was one of the originals of raw food for cats. Shelby Gomes was a pioneer. He dies, and his entire operation goes to
. They should have dissolved this company years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see the website is still registered as the same name by the same owners as before so no change in ownership there. Does anyone know how to search out actual records to see who the new owner of the company is? I just want to confirm our suspicions that this business was never sold and they are just trying to save face, and not doing it well obviously.

nekohugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank god I found this thread, I was planning on ordering from them this week and Google for coupon codes and this came up, whew, dodged a bullet there.

I previously ordered from Darwins raw food but they got really bad reviews similar to felines prides when it comes to money and I just don't want to risk it.

I'll check out Hare Today, thanks

mythicbells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Feline's Pride, I think, is now under new management, but I have no idea how well that's going. However I use Darwin's all the time. In fact I just received a shipment last week and I have no complaints about them. I've also recently discovered "Allprovide". allprovide.com/cat-food-1/ And my experience with them so far has been positive. I've taken about 3 shipments so far. They are comparible to Darwin's in that they ship to you in 8 oz packages which are similar to Darwin's and of a similar ingredient make up. HareToday is excellent. It's been years since I've used them, but you will have to mix supplements, etc (unless you follow the whole prey model) as their product is not commercially formulated as a complete diet. If you like making your own, Hare Today is great and another source which I now use several times a year due to their free shipping if your order in 50 lb lots is reelrawdog.com I order their chunked meat/bones/organs and have it shipped to California with no problems. They are located in Maine.

purplesnurple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new to this site, and came here looking for help with my cat's new homemade diet, but I'm shocked to find Feline's Pride is still around and having so many issues. I would have thought they'd have gone out of business loooong ago. I just thought I'd mention my experience with them. I fed Feline's Pride for a long while when my cat was young, but in 2010 she ended up at the Vet with severe Salmonella and E Coli poisoning from the food. All of a sudden the FDA was calling me and an investigation had been opened. They showed up at my house to collect the remainder of that batch of Feline's Pride, collected medical records, etc. Later they contacted me to let me know the food had tested positive for Salmonella and E Coli, so they had gone to investigate and test the Feline's Pride facility. They found "Salmonella/E Coli contamination from eggs" at the facility and had called to tell me they yanked the company's license to sell in VA for now. It was a nightmare and $10,000+ in medical bills to get my baby better. I ended up receiving a check for $850 from the insurance company of Feline's Pride for the "replacement value" of my cat, because in VA they are considered personal property. I also remember Feline's Pride employees trying to fish medical records and information out of my personal vet and the vet making a huge note about not giving out any information to anyone who calls without first contacting me because of all the fishing phone calls. Shortly after the horrible infection is when my cat's downward spiral with GI issues began. She is now an IBD cat to this day and has very sensitive digestive needs, which is why I am back researching new homemade diet for her again. I'm happy to report the new diet is working really well so far and she's a happy cat. :)

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feline's Pride, I think, is now under new management, but I have no idea how well that's going. However I use Darwin's all the time. In fact I just received a shipment last week and I have no complaints about them. I've also recently discovered "Allprovide". allprovide.com/cat-food-1/ And my experience with them so far has been positive. I've taken about 3 shipments so far. They are comparible to Darwin's in that they ship to you in 8 oz packages which are similar to Darwin's and of a similar ingredient make up. HareToday is excellent. It's been years since I've used them, but you will have to mix supplements, etc (unless you follow the whole prey model) as their product is not commercially formulated as a complete diet. If you like making your own, Hare Today is great and another source which I now use several times a year due to their free shipping if your order in 50 lb lots is reelrawdog.com I order their chunked meat/bones/organs and have it shipped to California with no problems. They are located in Maine.
I am so glad I found your post. I currently feed my cat RadCat but tried AllProvide after reading your post. I live in CA so I'm clear across the country. I received my first shipment yesterday. I was amazed that they shipped all the way to me for very minimal shipping cost. It came in a box, with a cooler inside, dry ice, and the food. It took 3 days to get to me. Food was frozen solid even though it has been warming up here. There was some dry ice left too. Packed extremely well and the vacuum sealed bags of food are awesome too. I figured I'd just give some to my cat and not try mixing or anything. I plopped down the food in front of her and she gobbled it up extremely fast.

My cat likes RadCat too but two things about them:

1. For some reason on RadCat my cat was always hungry no matter how much I fed her. I fed her much more than they say and she still begged for food nonstop. So either it was THAT good or it contained a lot of water or something. She seemed much less hungry after her first meal of AllProvide.

2. RadCat is expensive! I buy it locally at a store so I am surprised it's so pricey.

The new AllProvide chicken is almost HALF the cost of radcat. This will save me nearly $1000 per year in Cat Food. This sounds insane but I'm very hopeful for AllProvide. I highly recommend everyone checking them out!

Dilutetortislave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did the opposite: I switched from Allprovide to Rad Cat.
Now that my cats are on Rad Cat, they won't eat anything else except certain flavors of canned food.

I was very happy with Allprovide, except they add turmeric and now coconut oil & oregano leaf. My cats have never suffered from any kind of spice deficiency! lol but that may be partially why they won't eat it anymore.

The nutritional data on Rad Cat is available on their site; the chicken & turkey flavors are especially low in fat compared to most raw diets & canned foods, which can easily be 50% or higher in fat. My cats do seem to be hungry, but I believe it is because they really love the taste and those flavors are lower fat.

I supplement with some low carb canned from the spreadsheet (catinfo.org) so they won't beg for food as much.

It is really sad about Feline's Pride. I was considering trying them again sometime because their prices look so reasonable compared to Rad Cat ($9 per pound) but I'm not sure I will. I used them once in 2012 and was happy with my order. I didn't order again after that because of the cost of shipping. After that I kept my 2 normal cats on Nature's Variety Instinct raw for many years but wanted a lower fat food that didn't contain veggies & clay. bleh...

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise