Experience with Feline's Pride

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is the text of the email I rec'd regarding the "new site":

We are SO excited to introduce our new website to our customers!
With the launch of our new website, we will now be seen on tablets and smartphones as well as desktop or lat top computers..the site is very user friendly, and will also introduce to you new products, for both your cat and your dog!
In creating the new website, we were not able to cross the customer profiles and account information from the old website to the new, so you will have to recreate your account in the new website to use the system to track your order history and information.
The pricing on the new website is the same, however it may look like a price raise, as we have now rolled the "packing charges" (the ice packs, peanuts, styrofoam cooler, etc) into the per pound price, as it was confusing for a some in the old website, as you had to search through the product description to see the itemized charges....the breakdown of the charges will now be only the per pound price and the shipping cost. The new website does now reflect the move from New York to Florida when calculation your shipping costs, and the system will charge accordingly.

If you need assistance in setting up your new account, or questions in general, please email us at : [email protected], or call us directly for help.

Please keep an eye out for the holiday shipping schedule, as this year we will NOT be shipping during the Holiday rush.

Thank you!
The staff at My Pet's Pride
Feline's Pride
Canine's Pride

lesterktty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whitezin - go to the Home page, upper left corner, there is a tab "owner's corner". Click that. There is Shelby's story and some sweet photos of him with kitties. There are also photos of his brother Dennis and his wife, and then the infamous Suzy.

whitezinfendel2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much.  So happy to read about the whole story.  So sorry they had such complications.  I did talk to someone at Feline's Pride and they were very nice -- maybe it was the daughter and she took my order but I never got it!  Then everything seemed to crash.  Maybe now things will be very different.  Looks very hopeful! 

thetank123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was a long time supporter of Feline's Pride but I just do not feel comfortable going back to it.  There is something EXTREMELY shady about a company having serious customer service issues then doing a website redesign and a name change, ie Feline's Pride has gotten a bad rap so we need to change everything and disassociate ourselves with that name.

We made our first batch of homemade food this weekend.  Two of the three cats gobbled it up while the other has been a bit more tentative.  He is usually the one to take to new food slower than the others so I'm not too concerned.

lesterktty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Tank,  I know that is the route I need to take, too.  I will have spent a small fortune this month on Radcat. Which recipe did you use?

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am only posting the updates/emails I receive from them because I used to love this company and I have a hope they turn it around. Received this one today:

MY PET'S PRIDE

FELINE'S PRIDE

CANINE'S PRIDE

October 2015

HAPPY NATIONAL CAT DAY!! 

"WHAT GREATER GIFT THAN THE LOVE OF A CAT?"

-CHARLES DICKENS

It's such a special gift to be able to call yourself a cat parent, and we would like to pass along a gift to you, of 20% off of all orders over $20, from now until end of day on 10/31/2015, in honor of their special day!

Upon check out, type in coupon code "CATDAY" to receive your discount. (you must be logged into the website as a customer, not as a guest to redeem the coupon code)

www.mypetspride.com

THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!!

The holidays are fast approaching! Starting on 11/09/2015, we will start selling our annual holiday treats, gift baskets and personalized dog and cat ornaments for your favorite furry friends! Check out the website for ideas from Santa! This year we will also offer Feline's Pride gift certificates, along with a bonus gift..for purchasing. 

We have reat stocking stuffer ideas, bones, jerky and biscuits for dogs, and catnip toys, dehydrated treats and meat kibble for cats!

www.mypetspride.com

SHIPPING CUT OFF FOR THE HOLIDAYS 2015:

The shipping cut off date for 2015, is December 2, 2015, for perishable foods. We will continue to ship the treats, gift baskets, ornaments, and Raw Made Easy kits ( any non perishable items) up until December 18, 2015. The holiday season is to busy of a time to successfully ship perishable products in the 2-3 day shipping time frame. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. 

I will send out holiday shipping reminders as the day approaches....

Thank you for your support, and Happy Raw Feeding!!

The staff at Feline's Pride

[email protected]

716-462-5549

www.mypetspride.com

lazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an awful experience! I will be sure to never use this company. As someone with a special needs cat (though not in the food department) I know how stressful it can be to worry about something your cat needs being delayed or not getting there. I really hope you find a good replacement food for your cat.

jiazzi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I'm also writing about the distinct decline in quality of Feline's Pride. The first two orders I placed around this time last year were great!  I was even able to order through Amazon almost exactly a year ago on 11/11/14 the second time and got an AMAZING deal...it was 10lbs of chicken for $40 +$15 shipping = $55.  When I opened the box, the meat was still frozen but in the early stages of the thawing process which works well for me as I was able to immediately scoop the product into cute/tiny tupperware good for 2-3 meals.  The raw chicken was delivered in durable white tubs of 2.5lbs each with the packaging label that was similar to the logo/brand of the website.  The cost and process worked beautifully for me...

Come May 5, 2015, only 6 months later, I ordered the same raw chicken product with the same amount (10 lbs) and paid $75.  But I knew I was getting an amazing deal when I got it through Amazon so I accepted it, assuming it would still be the same great product that my kitty loves.  WOW - was I wrong!  When I opened the box, there was RAW CHICKEN JUICE EVERYWHERE.  The tubs that they packaged the raw chicken meat in were no longer in the durable white tubs but the plain deli tubs that were all cracked and literally bleeding with the completely melted chicken juice (blood!).  I'm squeamish about raw meat as it is so I had a seriously visceral reaction to this.  

The meat was at room temperature and smelled off.  It was disgusting cleaning up the mess and I was so peeved but after reading all the reviews here, I didn't even bother emailing the company.  I was still able to salvage some of the raw chicken so it wasn't a complete loss but I could not believe the blatant decline in quality only 6 months later!

In the meantime, I have been hoping, like so many of you, that it was just a fluke that Feline's Pride was just going through temporary growing pains.  I waited and kept reading the same unfortunate stories, while kitty ate less quality foods... Forget it, it's not going to happen, no use in waiting any longer.  So I bit the bullet and bought the very expensive Rad Cat online through the cheaper online distributor Only Natural Pet...and paid the $30 frozen foods surcharge as I'd rather get the best packaging available for raw foods after my horrific experience w/ the new Feline's Pride. 

The total cost for 12 lbs or 8 tubs of 24oz Rad Cat, including the required frozen food surcharge was $148.91 which will last a little more than 6 months for my cat who only eats a couple ounces a day (1.5-2 oz/day).  I knew it was going to be packaged with dry ice so I didn't rush home and check the tracking like I did w/ Feline's Pride and try to rush home at 4:30-5pm from work.  Instead, I was able to take my time and came home at 8pm yesterday.  When I opened the box, it was inlaid with a thick, styrofoam box that I can recycle and reuse as a disposable cooler.  Then inside that was this aluminum bag that had the dry ice in it and it was SOOO COOL.  I've never handled dry ice before or had it delivered to me and loved that there was no water/wetness.  Only SOLID BLOCKS of tubs and tubs of Rad Cat.  The tubs of rad cat didn't have sticker labels but it's printed on the plastic tub itself.  I was SO pleasantly surprised that the tubs of the raw chicken product was ROCK SOLID!!!!  Like, knock on it with my knuckles rock solid.  I was so amazed!

I immediately transferred to the fridge so it can safely thaw.  I checked earlier today and it is still in a solid state, which, after my last experience with Feline's Pride, is TOTALLY GOOD WITH ME.  

Anyways, sorry for the long drawn out story, especially about the packaging, but packaging makes all the difference for someone who relies on online shopping/delivery of raw poultry for my kitty's belly! I'm sure he will love it. 

thedude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Unfortunately, I'm also writing about the distinct decline in quality of Feline's Pride. The first two orders I placed around this time last year were great!  I was even able to order through Amazon almost exactly a year ago on 11/11/14 the second time and got an AMAZING deal...it was 10lbs of chicken for $40 +$15 shipping = $55.  When I opened the box, the meat was still frozen but in the early stages of the thawing process which works well for me as I was able to immediately scoop the product into cute/tiny tupperware good for 2-3 meals.  The raw chicken was delivered in durable white tubs of 2.5lbs each with the packaging label that was similar to the logo/brand of the website.  The cost and process worked beautifully for me...

Come May 5, 2015, only 6 months later, I ordered the same raw chicken product with the same amount (10 lbs) and paid $75.  But I knew I was getting an amazing deal when I got it through Amazon so I accepted it, assuming it would still be the same great product that my kitty loves.  WOW - was I wrong!  When I opened the box, there was RAW CHICKEN JUICE EVERYWHERE.  The tubs that they packaged the raw chicken meat in were no longer in the durable white tubs but the plain deli tubs that were all cracked and literally bleeding with the completely melted chicken juice (blood!).  I'm squeamish about raw meat as it is so I had a seriously visceral reaction to this.  

The meat was at room temperature and smelled off.  It was disgusting cleaning up the mess and I was so peeved but after reading all the reviews here, I didn't even bother emailing the company.  I was still able to salvage some of the raw chicken so it wasn't a complete loss but I could not believe the blatant decline in quality only 6 months later!

In the meantime, I have been hoping, like so many of you, that it was just a fluke that Feline's Pride was just going through temporary growing pains.  I waited and kept reading the same unfortunate stories, while kitty ate less quality foods... Forget it, it's not going to happen, no use in waiting any longer.  So I bit the bullet and bought the very expensive Rad Cat online through the cheaper online distributor Only Natural Pet...and paid the $30 frozen foods surcharge as I'd rather get the best packaging available for raw foods after my horrific experience w/ the new Feline's Pride. 

The total cost for 12 lbs or 8 tubs of 24oz Rad Cat, including the required frozen food surcharge was $148.91 which will last a little more than 6 months for my cat who only eats a couple ounces a day (1.5-2 oz/day).  I knew it was going to be packaged with dry ice so I didn't rush home and check the tracking like I did w/ Feline's Pride and try to rush home at 4:30-5pm from work.  Instead, I was able to take my time and came home at 8pm yesterday.  When I opened the box, it was inlaid with a thick, styrofoam box that I can recycle and reuse as a disposable cooler.  Then inside that was this aluminum bag that had the dry ice in it and it was SOOO COOL.  I've never handled dry ice before or had it delivered to me and loved that there was no water/wetness.  Only SOLID BLOCKS of tubs and tubs of Rad Cat.  The tubs of rad cat didn't have sticker labels but it's printed on the plastic tub itself.  I was SO pleasantly surprised that the tubs of the raw chicken product was ROCK SOLID!!!!  Like, knock on it with my knuckles rock solid.  I was so amazed!

I immediately transferred to the fridge so it can safely thaw.  I checked earlier today and it is still in a solid state, which, after my last experience with Feline's Pride, is TOTALLY GOOD WITH ME.  

Anyways, sorry for the long drawn out story, especially about the packaging, but packaging makes all the difference for someone who relies on online shopping/delivery of raw poultry for my kitty's belly! I'm sure he will love it. 
Thanks for sharing your experiences as well. 

I'm glad you have discovered Rad Cat as well. Luckily, many local stores stock it here so I can just pick it up at the store but it costs me a fortune. I'm spending around $100/month for 1 cat. One 10lb female bengal. I'm amazed that your cat only eats 1.5-2.0 oz per day. My cat eats 6oz and would eat 9 if I gave it to her. Not sure if it was the taste in FelinesPride or if it was more filling or what but on that she only ate 5 oz per day and usually left some on her plate. Hasn't left a morsel of Radcat in 6 months now.

Last edited:

jiazzi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to graze so I have to take the raw chicken in and out of the fridge constantly whenever possible.  I wish he would just wolf down the raw chicken in one sitting but he will only lick and take a few bites in a matter of 20-30 minutes at a time (this was the same with Feline's Pride/Pet's Pride).  

I'm SOO looking forward to a cleaner/less populated litter box again...

bengalmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really wish I knew about either this website or this post before I ordered from Feline's Pride.

I ordered 30lbs of chicken and turkey for my bengal kitten in August. I got it on time, but without the aluminum packaging that I was charged extra for. I sent an email at the time asking that I be refunded the cost of the shipping materials that were not used, but never received a response and decided that it didn't matter because the meat was still frozen and the cat liked the food. I ordered again a month ago. I received a confirmation email at the time of order, but have not received the actual order. It's still listed as "pending" on their website. They have not responded to any of my emails nor do they answer the phone or return calls when messages are left on voicemail. I suppose the next step would be to get my bank involved. I did think ahead and order with my credit card rather than debit card this time because I had a random feeling...

I read through some of the comments and ordered from Hare-Today last Friday. Tracy immediately contacted me with an order confirmation, then with the shipping confirmation on Monday, and again today to confirm that I received my shipment, which I did. I don't like having to thaw out 5 lbs of meat, add in the supplements, and then refreeze it, but we'll see how it goes. I do appreciate Hare-Today's customer service. My kitten also likes Rad Cat chicken, turkey, and beef (he hated the lamb and venison) so I may just stay with that, even though it's a bit more expensive.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well just let me add my voice to the chorus about Feline's Pride. We have been ordering food there for about 4 years; the last 1.5 have been absolutely awful. I don't know what went wrong, but something clearly changed dramatically and the result is deeply troubling.

The details don't matter -- they're similar to what other people have written about here. Shipments delayed for days and weeks, arriving defrosted, warm, even rotted. Other shipments that sickened my pets. Completely unacceptable for such a high-priced, specialized product. 

But the most shocking thing of all is the "customer service." Unprofessional doesn't begin to describe it.  I have come to the conclusion "Suzy" is completely unhinged.

Long, crazy, ranting, rambling emails peppered with insults and personal attacks -- all inspired by perfectly reasonable complaints about documented order problems. 

If you're considering ordering from Feline's Pride (Pet's Pride), run, don't walk to another vendor. 

cosmobaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BengleMom1 - I thought I'd contribute how I handle the Hare Today 5lb packages after reading your post.  -I thaw out 5lb log just enough to section out into five 1LB parts and bag individually.  That way, I add the Altunin after I thaw 1lb, as I go. -I think it's fresher that way than full thaw and refreeze and I know the supplements are evenly distributed. 

I think your kitten will love Hare Today raw food!

.I haven't read the FP updates here in a long time. So disappointing what happened  to Feline's Pride. - I was hoping this company would get its act together.  It WAS such a great product and I raised a couple of baby kittens on raw.  One cat will only eat raw - he does not recognize canned or dry cat food as food.  I was a FP happy customer until January 2015 - same story as others, I had to get my money back via disputed credit card charge after several run arounds, no answers, no replys, bogus "I want to make this right", and then nothing.  What a sham.

Shortly thereafter, I discovered Hare Today and even though there is the extra step of adding supplements, I think it is even better!  --And, Tracy is the best.   Most of all my babies love this raw food.  Very consistent, and very fresh - and a great company.    

chefdubbbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After reading these posts it doesn't seem like things are getting any better. My older cat was having many health issues. Our last resort after he got down to 5 pounds was to try a raw food diet my neighbor recommend. She warned me that after the company was sold it had gone downhill but she loved the food. My cat was literally near death and I didn't know if he would take to the food so I ordered two pounds. Paid for the two day shipping. Never received anything. I contacted them and they got back to me that they have a minimum pound requirement. But they would make the exception and send me the food. It arrived thawed and I contacted them to see if it was safe to still feed my cat. No response. I temped it and it was 39 degrees so I fed him it and it immediately worked wonders for my guy. I ordered 6 more pounds last Wednesday and I never received a tracking number. I began emailing them and calling to ask. No response. I emailed Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday and no food no response. I called several times and no one ever answered it responded to my messages. By this time I was quite upset because we ran out of food and had just transitioned him to this new raw diet and I had no idea what to do or go. For the first time in months he didn't have diarrhea and looked better. Luckily a Facebook page for raw feeders directed me to rad cat at a local pet shop which I began giving him and of course he got a little sick from the transition. On Monday I came into his room to find him laying in his box covered in diarrhea and throwing up. We rushed him to the vet where he had to have fluid given to him. While I'm waiting and facing yet another hue vet bill I'm very angry no one had gotten back to me or refunded me the almost $100 I was charged 7 days before. I called my bank to see if they could help me recoup this money. They were able to scrounge up a number from the bank account linked to the charge they processed. I also had to call the Florida attorney generals office to get help finding a contact for them. I called this cell number 26 ones before an older lady picked up and explained to me she wasn't the owner anymore and that someone would call me back in thirty minutes. I was quite upset about my cats health. Being in the hospital and being out money for some thing that was helping my cat and facing yet another bill after being essentially robbed. I was also mostly upset because this food was his lifeline. As i am sitting in the hospital waiting to hear about my poor cat this angry woman cAlls and immediately upon answering I knew it was going to be bad. Her phone demeanor was angry and annoyed and put out. She told me that she didn't know why I was making a big fuss cause I should have known they weren't shipping out in December. I said how would I have known that it was no where on the website and it processed my order. I said even so I could have understood that of someone would have gotten back to me in the last 7 days and returned my money. Also I would have slowly transitioned my cat to a new food. Using the pride I had left to mix. She then pretty much starts grilling me about some newsletter she said she sent me that she said sent to me in November. I didn't even order the first time until November 30 so I don't know why I would have gotten a November newsletter but even so I didn't get one or see it. And again just would have dealt with it differently if someone would have emailed me or called me back. I then said I tried to order in time of the deadline meaning the 3 pm deadline on Wednesday their site does list and she cackles and is like oh I thought you said you didn't know about the deadline but you just said the deadline. I said I meant the regular Wednesday shipping deadline and I said why am I on trial here? My cats dying and I would have just appreciated some communication. She then said what do you want me to do. I don't know why you are so angry. And was just basically a real witch. I said you know what nothing. She then tells me that instead of sending my food she will send me the kit to make it. I said no I can't do that I can't wait another week for something to come plus he already started on rad cat and I'm not able to disrupt him and make another change again. She's like laughing and says oh well what do you want me to do. I then at that point was seeing red. My cat is in dire straits. I don't have my money. I don't have my food. I found my cat covered in feces and puke and it took me calling the bank and state to get somewhere. So I flipped and said you know what you are really a effing b and she hung up on me. I really wish I could post the way she was speaking me. I'm there crying and desperate for anything to save my cat. And she's like some cocky witch. With her tv blaring in the background. I called her back and she sent me to voice mail and I left a swearing message that I wanted my money back that hour or I was calling the attorney general and filing an official complaint and reporting her to the bbb. I also texted her the same thing. She then proceeded to call my phone 36 times until I called VERIZON and had her number blocked. I sent them a nasty email and she did send me a receipt saying she refunded my money but it has yet to appear in my account. She sent me a weird email back today funny how she was able to get back to me asap today. In which she threatens me at the end saying she faced my threats and emails. I never threatened anything except to sue her if she didn't return my money. I'll post the email she sent. I responded back she should save my emails so she can be reminded what a **** business owner she is. And she wrote back that I was bordering on stalking her?? Stalking is being essentially robbed and calling until I get my money back?! This is a horrible horrible horrible woman and business. What is sad is the food is awesome. But I can't even order from her anymore. Her email accuses me of not caring about my cat and not being ladylike. I'm so sad and disappointed in this whole situation. Not for me but for my cat.
View media item 320883

Last edited by a moderator:

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry you've had the same experience so many of us have -- I do wish there were a way to warn people before doing business with this company. The raw food is undoubtedly a transformative diet for our kitties, but this particular business is a horror to deal with. Especially if you've got a pet with health issues, it's emotionally difficult to also get jerked around in a customer service nightmare. That woman Suzy is truly off her rocker - combative, vindictive, self-righteous and downright vicious.

We had to ask the credit card company to intervene twice on our behalf due to lost/overdue orders and overcharges, because Suzy became completely irrational in her dealings with us. Never again.

Now searching for reliable new sources of raw meats, both online and locally. Tried several of the commercial "raw" frozen foods but the cats wouldn't have it. They went on hunger strike. Desperate, we ended up at the farmer's market, buying frozen rabbits and struggling to make the food ourselves. It's hard work, but the cats are healthier and happier. Now trying out haretoday.com and hoping for good results. 

Don't waste any more energy with Feline's Pride. They're horrible, dishonest people who won't listen to reason. I can't understand how they're still in business, but I also can't imagine they'll last much longer. 

Good luck with your kitties.

bengalmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've ordered twice from Hare Today and had no issues at all. Tracy has been great and my cats like the food. The shipping is a bit pricey and RadCat would actually be cheaper because I can pick it up locally, but I'd rather have the whole ground meat/bones/organs than the egg powder protein that RadCat uses.